Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm John. Currently at 413. I've been at this for just over a month and am always looking for inspriation and great ideas! If you want to add me as a fried feel free. I promise to be supportive. I'm a father of 2 children under 3. My wife and I are both doing MFP. we're both really excited about it so far.
  • cmcm789
    cmcm789 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone it is good to see others that are struggling with the same issues that I am. I am looking to lose over 150 lbs, which is a whole person. And I hope the person that I lose is all of the baggage and excuses that I have used in my life to put me in this situation. I have been successful losing 50 - 60 lbs, then life hits and i give up. But I will continue to try and with the Communities support, I will be successful. Thank you everyone and any tips motivation and inspiration I can get will be helpful, and once I get the gist of this site I hope to be the motivator of others
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Kelli. :)

I'm 5'9, started at 367 and I'm currently at 315, hoping to be somewhere in the 160-140 range. I lost majority of my weight while doing WW and changing how I ate. Now, I've added exercise with the C25K program, which I'm almost done with. Looking to add strength training soon.
  • Cstinson713
    Options
    Hey. My name it's Cara, I am 24 and currently around 360lbs. I came across this website and it seems like a really great site . I feel like it is time for me to start making some changes in my life for the better.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    I started this about a month ago at the heaviest I've ever been, 350. I'm 49 years old and know it doesn't get any easier losing weight. I've been on multiple programs, have lost much weight, but burned out or gained it all back, plus more, when I went to the maintenance phase. So now I'm trying to lose weight on the maintenance phase. It should take me about 3 years.
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Darlene im 21 and right now I am 316. I have always been a chubby kid and an over weight teenager. I am ready to get in shape!! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • xandreahmx
    xandreahmx Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, Im Andrea. Im 24 and have been hovering above 300 for about two years now. I currently weigh 350 which is a nightmare to me. Ive gained 20 pounds in the past two months. Ive used other fitness sites before, but a lot of people have good things to say about this site and I believe I like it better too. Im a mom to a wonderful little boy, and married. Feel free to add me! Id love to get to know some people who are going through the same things as I am.
  • adriennenoelle
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Adrienne. I'm 21, 5'9", 330 pounds and from northeastern PA. It is my goal to shed 150+ pounds so that I can live a long, healthy and happy life.
  • adriennenoelle
    Options
    Christy, congratulations on taking the first step! But please reconsider your daily calorie intake. At your weight, your BMR is most likely much higher than that and losing weight too quickly can cause heart problems. Look up your BMR (there is a tool on the site) and subtract about 500 calories from that. That would be a much better intake for safety reasons.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, y'all, I'm Rachel. New to this group but not to mfp. I started at 390, now at 353 and still working on it. Look forward to checking out this group. Please add me if you are friendly, fun and goofy.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm gonna do the perfunctory plateau whine. I know 2 weeks does not a plateau make, but the scale LITERALLY has bounced within .2 lbs of the same weight for 2 weeks straight. Nothing I can point to to blame: plenty of sleep, not TOM, no changes to diet or exercise, daily calories range between 1400 and 1700 so no starvation mode, water weight could be to blame, but low-carb + lisinipril with HCTZ usually doesn't allow it to linger... I know it will break soon and I just have to be patient, but meanwhile I want to whine. Thanks for indulging :)

Meanwhile, today I worked out with my crest whitestrips on. at 5:45 am there is something fairly empowering about multitasking the improvement of one's self. :)
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi there. New to MFP as of 2 days ago :) I came over from SP and so far I like it here. :) I'm 486 as of a couple of days ago but I am only weighing once a month (its safer that way with an ED:) ) Just keeping on keeping on doing what I know is right...logging and exercising my heart out :).

Would love friends, but must have wicked since of humour and not be overly PC, lol Respectful yes, but not anal :)
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi...I'm Kayla! Just started my weight loss journey two days ago! I've always put off thinking about my weight but decided I needed to get serious about it and get healthy! Will be weighing into today to see my exact weight, but it's 300+...I'm thinking around 315. So glad to find others with similar weight loss goals! My first hurdle I want to reach is 215 then I'll go from there! I'm looking for support because I am SO unmotivated! I need some friends to help me stay on track.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    Just did my official weigh in as mentioned in my post above, and I'm at 300.6...so yay! I thought I'd be at 315!
  • healthygirltx
    healthygirltx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Stacey and am currently at 314. My highest weight was 320. I want to lose weight for a lot of reasons but the primary reason is so I can start a family. I would love to have more MFP friends, so feel free to add me!
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Dawn. My highest weight was 366 when I joined Weight Watchers Back in '07. I lost a little over 50lbs but I couldn't keep up with the meetings and was dealing with sabotagers in my family. I managed to maintain my weight between 310-320 for three years (off and on using MFP and Sparkpeople).
    I began to allow other influences, stress, and laziness to take control and my weight crept back up to 355. I am taking control this time and learning that this is a lifestyle change. I can do this as long as I am honest with myself. Down 11 lbs to 344. First goal is to get out of Threedomville.
    Feel free to add me... we can all use lots of support and encouragement.
  • Tudorsfan1509
    Tudorsfan1509 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! New to this group! I am 30 years old and have weighed over 300 lbs for years now. (Maybe 8 or so?) My weight krept up on me after my father's sudden passing and I never noticed it. (Or didn't want to?)

Anyway - I literally had a baby 4 months ago! :-) And my heaviest was 375 at delivery. C-sec, pre eclampsia, heart and kidneys issues now - the WORKS!

I am being told I need to lose a CONSIDERABLE amount of weight to prevent kidney failure and heart issues. Oh yeah - on BP meds now cause that's horrible too.

As of friday I was just under 302 lbs.

I need to lose another 50 by August.

I have not been working out and weight has stopped from falling off naturally - so now I have to work hard on my body.

Feel free to add me as a friend! I need all the support and inspiration I can get!

Brooke :-)

I am so happy to find this group! Nice to know we are all in this together!
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Shay. I've been over weight for a few years now im now at 363. Im glad theres a group like this. This is the heaviest i ever been an i want to an going to change this. Ive had surgeries in the past an since then, nothing but gain weight . But im going for the goal an thats the 100 mark..
  • rosabud
    rosabud Posts: 20
    Options
    HI everyone. I'm Allyson, and I'm a WW dropout. I've been tracking on MFP since about January, and I'm hoping to reach out and find some friends to keep me going.

I'm currently at 321, and want to get down to 170. My mini goal is to lose 30 pounds by Aug 11, starting today. One day at a time...
  • JensQi
    JensQi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi ya all I am JenQi I am a plus Size person working on going down in weight and staying healthy for the rest of my Life!!:flowerforyou: :smile: ..I love life to waste it!!JensQi