Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    oh no debbie! *kitten*!!!

I'm going to get back on track today. Didn't even log yesterday and I'm avoiding the scale...but it was nice to eat and drink whatever I wanted.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My daughters house was broken into on Thursday and all the gifts we sent them stolen plus my grandsons wii games and console and DVDs and the play station. Can I say pricks on here? Hope they rot for doing that to an 8 year old.

Anyway, heavy drinking going on here.....

Soo sorry to hear about that! So sad!

Lotta drinking been going on since last wednesday....hope to do better this week. Another party tonight!:drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My daughters house was broken into on Thursday and all the gifts we sent them stolen plus my grandsons wii games and console and DVDs and the play station. Can I say pricks on here? Hope they rot for doing that to an 8 year old.

Anyway, heavy drinking going on here.....
    That is awful, so sorry for your daughter and grandson, what a violation!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Saturday=6 drinks, I think.
    I feel ok today so I don't know.
    Last week I did manage to drink on only two days-thursday and saturday.
    But now going to brunch and know I want a bloody mary! but I have to work out too...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Too many red bull vodkas last night...i was still up and posting here at 5! Ugh. Obviously, nothing today.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I nursed a bottle of champagne all day yesterday and then had a little vodka late last night. Tonight I am going to aim for nothing. Try to give myself a break before I head to San Diego for a a week of drinking and eating and chilling out.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 5 beers
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 6 wine
    Friday, 0 drinks...workin' girl this weekend
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 11 drinks

I guess not bad for a lush like me....

Debbie, that's awful....what is wrong with people?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Debbie, that is so horrible. I am so sorry...people are douches!!!!!

Saturday-god only knows how much I drank....we were at a family pollyanna party and I was NOT driving, so....
    Sunday-3beers
    Monday-I'm going to shot for 0 and will try not to drink until friday....making fruit cakes that day and deserves some egg nog :wink:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Debbie, that is absolutely disgusting, I'm so sorry that happened to your daughter and grandson! I hope they catch the *kitten*.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Sunday=2 drinks
    Not sure about the rest of the week.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So sorry Debbie =(

Had my tattoo done Friday and still wasn't feeling too hot so I had a couple small glasses of prosecco my Gram bought to celebrate Kyle's and my engagement. Went home hoping to go to bed but Kyle played his video game for awhile and then we went to bed. We were up early, he had to bring his car in before we went to NY. NY was fun as always, it was in the lower 40's but wind wasn't bad and I prepared so I wasn't complaining about the cold. Got home and watched some TV then went to bed. Only had the sampler of beer in NY that day, so 2 nights with not enough drinks to really feel much and on the weekend no less! I was proud haha. Yesterday Kyle's parents came over because his dad was going to help put our bar shelves up. My team finally lost and it was not a happy house as the fiancés team also lost. So I had 2 beers and then we went out to dinner with Kyle's family to celebrate our engagement and his youngest sister being done with college. Had a dirty martini, which I hadn't had in a long time and it was so yummy. Came home and was already exhausted but wanted to catch up on Dexter so we could watch the finale last night. Made 2 of those Christmas/winter martinis, stopped there and after the finale of Dexter it was sooo bed time. Feel fine today and am going to do a week long mini slim down so as to ensure I fit in my Christmas dress. Also, Kyle got me an early Christmas gift or rather it was supposed to be my "gag" Christmas gift on Christmas but it was addressed to me so I opened it. Turns out he bought a share of stock that my team The Green Bay Packers were selling in my name so I am officially part owner of my favorite team in the world =} totally not a gag gift in my eyes but an absolutely amazing gift and shows how well my fiancé knows me :heart:
    who is now not feeling well so I'll be taking care of him when he gets home, trying to make sure he's well by Christmas.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Oh well ---bottle of wine on Staurday, but behaved myself with only 2 vodka cranberry and 1 glass of wine last night! Working out tonight and NO alcohol!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

Debbie, so sorry about what happened to your daughter and grandson. It baffles me how someone can steal from someone else and give or use those gifts with a clear conscience. Hopefully they will get caught or they get stung by something poisonous.

Kat, hopefully you are not too upset about the Packers...OMG ...Kansas City :noway: That's awesome you now own a bit of stock in your favorite team. My son loves the Packers, not sure why...we never lived there, don't know anybody who lives there. He just has always liked their attitude,the coaching and the way they play the game, even after, ahem, Favre left.

Right now I am enjoying a wonderful glass of red from a local Ga. mountain vineyard. We belong to their wine club and they send us (well we pay for it) 3 bottles every three months for a year. So far this particular bottle definitely is my favorite. It is called a touriga which I am not familiar with, but yummy just the same. I have salmon roasting in the oven that smells awesome along with some butternut squash. Timer is going off... gotta scoot...Cheers all! :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

Debbie, so sorry about what happened to your daughter and grandson. It baffles me how someone can steal from someone else and give or use those gifts with a clear conscience. Hopefully they will get caught or they get stung by something poisonous.

Kat, hopefully you are not too upset about the Packers...OMG ...Kansas City :noway: That's awesome you now own a bit of stock in your favorite team. My son loves the Packers, not sure why...we never lived there, don't know anybody who lives there. He just has always liked their attitude,the coaching and the way they play the game, even after, ahem, Favre left.

Right now I am enjoying a wonderful glass of red from a local Ga. mountain vineyard. We belong to their wine club and they send us (well we pay for it) 3 bottles every three months for a year. So far this particular bottle definitely is my favorite. It is called a touriga which I am not familiar with, but yummy just the same. I have salmon roasting in the oven that smells awesome along with some butternut squash. Timer is going off... gotta scoot...Cheers all! :drinker:

I am really into football and get insanely invested in each game and season so it's still kind of tough but I think they'll learn from it and it'll just make them better down the road. I still have every bit of faith that they can still make it to the super bowl and win it. I never lived there either but my cousin who is more like a brother that I grew up with and his father are Packers fans (don't know why either haha) so that's why I've been a fan my whole life =} My fiancé is a Giants fan and last Super Bowl we had 2 of his best friends over and when the Packers won I teared up and they could't understand because they aren't' into sports. One of them said that I was silly to be that emotional and that sports had no impact on my life which is simply not true. If it weren't for a mutual love of sports some of the close relationships I have wouldn't even exist today. Oh well though, I'll continue to be invested in my sports and especially my teams =]

Having a Christmas/winter "martini" not using a martini glass. Kind of stressful day, kitten peed on the tree skirt and one of my pups had an upset stomach and went to the bathroom all over the living room so my little green carpet cleaner was out quite a bit today. This drink will surely calm me down though :wink:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Kat, what is your tattoo of?

Debbie, so sorry about the presents. People can be so horrible!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I nursed a bottle of champagne all day yesterday and then had a little vodka late last night. Tonight I am going to aim for nothing. Try to give myself a break before I head to San Diego for a a week of drinking and eating and chilling out.

EPIC FAIL:angry:

bottle of Riesling and a vodka rocks. I am hopless.

Debbie -that soo sux.

Kat - new tatoo?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Fail last night, had 1 8oz glass of wine, I had so many calories left for the day and once my husband poured his second egg nog with bourbon, I wanted something too, just like a little kid, haha!!!!
    Tonight-we'll see ;)
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I had some vacation time I had to use up before the end of the year so I had yesterday off work....sooo Sunday we had friends over for dinner and had way to much wine and then had some beers.

The plan for this week:
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- work xmas party....sooo either wine or cocktails
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- 0 (but I know I will be cleaning and getting ready for Christmas eve, so I may have some wine if needed :))
    Saturday- Christmas Eve at our house means no driving....so its on
    Sunday- 3 different Christmas parties to go to so I'm sure there will be plenty of cocktails
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5 margaritas at dinner...they're small ones tho
    Tuesday, 5 glasses of wine

Tonight, going to pizza joint for gift exchange. We get to bring our own liquor there; so, I'm thinking a bottle of nice wine.

Tomorrow, I leave for WI Dells to meet the Chicago peeps. I am sure it will be lushy.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Spent time with a friend last night, she was in a bad space so that means drinking too much-3 vodka drinks before we left her loft, and I had to mix them with oj and lite lemonade. Then at dinner I had two glasses of wine and another glass of wine when I got home.
    Monday=6 drinks