Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sobbing. Kiera (the black one) just laid down and died about an hour ago. Shocked. She got a clean bill of health at the vet when she got her shot yesterday but she was very lethargic this afternoon and she just laid down and died. Must drink to ease the pain.:cry:

So sorry about your loss! Thinking of you and a toast to Kiera!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Mama. I am so sorry. :cry: let us know if there's anything we can do...

SoCal, I'm glad to do my part in making you feel better about your week!

Another lushy night. 1 beer while cooking, 3 shots during dinner, a huge shot a bit ago. I'm proud of myself though...I've worked out every day this week--so far.

Like Amy mentioned, we're getting hammered with snow, so I'm sure we'll be hitting the St. Brendan's tomorrow.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Alright my lushy loved ones... it's been a while but don't think I've been sober for a minute! I think I may have had 4 sober days this month tops:blushing: :bigsmile: Thought with hubby being gone I would be good but instead I think I may have drank more. I swear in the last month more things have gone wrong than in the last year combined!

Omg Robin! I can't even imagine:cry: I really dread the day I have to say goodbye to any of my pets. I had my husband outside in his boxers and boots last fall digging a hole for a hamster cause I couldn't handle it. I have two cats and a dog now and god forbid anything ever happen to them. My thoughts and prays are with you:flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Oh Robin! I am so sorry! So incredibly sad :cry: There are no words to console you, I hope you get through this ok, I can't imagine the mess I will be when my kitties go!!!! xoxo

Last night I had two orange vodkas with sprite zero and 1/2 a bottle of wine. Weight was down this morning....gotta love liquor induced dehydration :wink:

One more day of work before a four day weekend. Tomorrow I will spend the day cooking and baking....egg nog, wine and beer are in my future!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your puppy loss :cry: Losing a pet is one of the hardest things to go through ever!

Had a pretty lushy night last night at the work Christmas party. And today is my last day of work until January 3....so I assume there will be way to many drinks over the next week and a half!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sobbing. Kiera (the black one) just laid down and died about an hour ago. Shocked. She got a clean bill of health at the vet when she got her shot yesterday but she was very lethargic this afternoon and she just laid down and died. Must drink to ease the pain.:cry:
    So sorry for your loss, Robyn, she was lucky to have you and you were lucky to have her. Maybe we won't know what happened, but at least she wasn't in pain, and that is a blessing-she had a good life right up until the end:flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so i just made a batch of really killer homemade eggnog. it is so bad for me but tastes so good. It is really dangerous because it is almost 50% alcohol. so good. It takes away the pain in the heart. Have a great night all.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    so i just made a batch of really killer homemade eggnog. it is so bad for me but tastes so good. It is really dangerous because it is almost 50% alcohol. so good. It takes away the pain in the heart. Have a great night all.

:ohwell: I love nog. As of right now, I am not concerned at all if it's good for me, it's the holidays and I will feast and drink until my heart is content. Which means chinese food soon. Polished off a bottle of champagne but may have a glass of wine, not sure yet. Hope you have somewhat of an okay night Rj, you'll be in my thoughts 'n' prayers.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love the chinese food when I'm having it but sometimes the next day it makes me feel worse than having a hangover :ohwell: this is why I'm always saying no when Kyle wants to get it. Waaaaay too much sodium for me, my body just does not like salt that much although I do prefer salts to sweets. Think I may make a coffee with a little something in it :wink: Fiancé went to the walk in clinic, hopefully they'll give him something so he at least doesn't feel like dying tomorrow or Christmas but it may be an early Christmas for us this year :frown: I on the other hand, despite the chinese food sick feeling, am feeling fine, a bit tired but we don't have anything to do today so once Stanley Steamer comes and cleans the carpets we can just lounge around. So can't wait to have clean carpets :smile: and right before the house will be full of family haha. Hopefully they're dry before everyone gets here, apparently it takes 24 hours to dry =0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Wednesday=3 drinks
    Thursday=5 drinks

Went comedy works, DH was emcee, then to Star Bar for his friend's bday and karaoke. I know I had 3 beers at comedy works but at Star Bar, I think I drank one and then the next couple I shared.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Robyn, I am so, so sorry for your loss:cry: What a ****ty time of year to have that happen! Hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thurs - a boat load of beers, 2 shots Am. Honey, not so motivated..........................
    Robyn, Very sorry for your loss.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS drinkin' pals!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry Robyn. What a shock for you...it's never easy to lose a pet..but for it to be so sudden..how horrible!! :frown:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hope you heal as quickly as is reasonable R.

Be careful with egg nog. Pretty sure that is the deadliest stuff known to man.

I had a week full of wine and gin. I may have left my logging ways temporarily. This week in my diary is looking sketchy.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 4 beers, 2 spiked egg nogs, 1 shot whiskey. Oy!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I wasn't feeling fab yesterday so zero for me.
  • rjadams
    Options
    two killer eggnogs and 3 vodka rocks. Pain is subsiding. lots to do so no time to dwell. I still have to pack and we leave tomorrow morning and have family dinner all afternoon today. Oy!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Merry Christmas lushes.
    Last night was way too much totally fabulous wine. My sort of step brother really knows wine and always brings the most awesome stuff to the holiday dinners. Now I am off to the plane (first class so the mimosas will flow freely) Have an awesome day all.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I cannot even begin to count the drinks for the week. I had a fabulous time at WI Dells with the family from Chicago. As always, we get in trouble with the rent-a-cops for noise violations :blushing: There were marathon drinking days :drinker: :drinker: from 3 P until exhaustion.:yawn:

Christmas Eve was crab legs, 4 cheese pasta, corn, baked potoatoes, etc along with drinks
    Christmas Day was a big carb-loaded breakfast, followed with ham, lasagna, baked apples, sweet potatoes & green beans, wine to wash it all done

I am STUFFED and up 8 lbs which I am hoping is sodium filled related....a girl can dream, right?

Robin, sometimes I like my dogs more than my kids. They are better behaved, listen to me and don't clost nearly as much money. Plus, they're undying dovotion is priceless. I hope that the pain lessens in your heart.

Kat, we need to drink lots and lots of water...I just feel disgusting atm

Solpwr, I would be afraid to log as well

Dot, hope that you are feeling better today!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked this thread in a few days...Robin my heart goes out to you. Jewel (who I had to put down in July) will give Kiera a warm greeting in Puppy heaven and they can chase squirrels together.

Not a lot of drinking, just a couple glasses of champagne Christmas.

I did make some Jack Daniels fudge, which is awesome, but definitely NOT low calorie :noway:

I ate so much crap yesterday, today I have a food hangover. So glad I am scheduled to teach a sculpting class later today because I have zero motivation to move if I left it up to myself.