Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    New tattoo is an anklet with a snowflake charm =} my best friend and I wanted to get friendship tattoos so we decided we'd incorporate a snowflake somewhere since we were both born in December. She got the kanji symbol for friendship surrounded by snowflakes. Have to say, mine was 10 times worse than both of my wrist tattoos put together. But it's done and I fall more in love with it everyday, can't wait for it to peel and be healed but in the meantime I think it'll look nice with my Christmas outfit of a green dress and red heels :smile:

Only had 2 drinks last night! I may be turning over a new leaf as far as drinking. I pretty much stop when I'm feeling that sleepy feeling which is after a couple drinks. Its when I push through that feeling and keep drinking that I get in trouble. I felt so relaxed last night and since it was only 2 drinks, no hangover today :drinker:

Fiancé is tough to buy gifts for because he is the guy who either has everything or buys himself everything. However there are a few things that he doesn't think to buy himself and those are the things I get to buy him =} So aside from a short stop at the mall to get pandora things for my Gram & Mom's gifts, we online shopped last night and bought gifts for everyone but one person. I bought Kyle's gifts today online and as soon as we get his youngest sister her gift we'll be done, and all in one night basically :bigsmile: So can't wait for Christmas. I just love seeing my family during the day and then spending the night with Kyle's family and their best friends :heart:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sounds cute, Kat! I think we need a pic, however.

Oy. Last night was lushy. I had 3 (or 4...maybe?) red bull and vodkas and 2 (or 3?) shots of Tuaca. I felt fine this morning, because I was up super late and drank a ton of water before I crashed. The one side effect was me writing some goofy *kitten* on my profile. :laugh:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Sounds cute, Kat! I think we need a pic, however.

Oy. Last night was lushy. I had 3 (or 4...maybe?) red bull and vodkas and 2 (or 3?) shots of Tuaca. I felt fine this morning, because I was up super late and drank a ton of water before I crashed. The one side effect was me writing some goofy *kitten* on my profile. :laugh:

Fair enough, I'm going to wait until it peels though. I do like it with how dark it is now but I know it'll lighten once it peels, so that'll be the full effect.

Had one beer and 2 Christmas drinks tonight, was ready for bed around 9 and it's now 9:40 so bedtime is soon. Fiancé is still not feeling well =( but hopefully will be okay for Christmas. Found out tonight that a boutique in MA has the wedding dress I fell in love with and so a trip needs to be planned. Honestly, being together for 8 years before getting engaged has been a blessing. We found the most amazing venue with the first place we looked, I checked out a few dresses online but cut it down to the one I absolutely love and found out I can try it on in MA, the salon is about 2 hours from our house, not too bad. I already know what wedding band I want although it's filed under celebration bands but it's beautiful and I can't wait to put it on =}

Pretty damn happy right now and haven't had any of those "empty" feelings in a long while =]
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sunday-3beers
    Monday-8oz of wine
    Tuesday-2 orange vodkas and sprite zero and 8oz of wine

Hmmm....didn't do so well not drinking this week, huh!!! :huh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: too much vodka last night. I don't want to be at work.

Kat I am glad everything is going so smoothly for you regarding the wedding. :love:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0

Tonight is my work Christmas party and I already know I will go over on calories bc I don't have time to work out and I'm sure there will be plenty of food and cocktails. I'm just going to do the best I can with the rest of my day to make up for it :)
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Tonight starts my first of many nights drinking. Meeting friends for martinis tonight before a movie. Tomorrow night, going to a wine bar with a friend from out of town. Friday...off to the hometown of my husband, where lots of drinking will commence until Monday. Oooo going to be exhausted!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Tonight starts my first of many nights drinking. Meeting friends for martinis tonight before a movie. Tomorrow night, going to a wine bar with a friend from out of town. Friday...off to the hometown of my husband, where lots of drinking will commence until Monday. Oooo going to be exhausted!

Ohhh but so much fun!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY!!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5 margs
    Tuesday, 8 wines

This is going to be a bad week. I'm off for family celebration at WI Dells.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday, 5 margs
    Tuesday, 8 wines

This is going to be a bad week. I'm off for family celebration at WI Dells.

Have fun Kim!!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    :ohwell: too much vodka last night. I don't want to be at work.

Kat I am glad everything is going so smoothly for you regarding the wedding. :love:

Thanks Mama Lush :smile: Sorry you're not feeling well, maybe a little hair of the dog would help :drinker:

With that show Bridzillas and seeing the list of things to do for a wedding, I was kind of scared, especially since we have a short engagement. For the time being though, it seems to be coming together =}

I'm a huge fan of this new drinking plan of mine. A couple drinks and I feel relaxed and happy and with only 2 drinks, I get that great feeling and without a hangovuh the next day!

Not sure if I'll have drinks tonight but probably. Fiancé has tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday off so that's reason enough to celebrate and have drinks haha but also I cannot wait to spend the weekend with family. It's my favorite part of the holidays because I absolutely love family time :heart: I feel so blessed with the amazing family I have. Think we're going to have Stanely Steamer come tomorrow and clean our carpets before we have a big Christmas Eve dinner here. The carpets are the original with the house and we're changing some of them but not until after the wedding now, so at least we can have some of them cleaned professionally and protected which will hopefully help ward off all the messes these 5 fur babies make.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I was kinda feeling bad about my week and how I was doing.
    Then I came here, and I feel so much better..lol.
    Thanks lushes!! :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You're right, Kate! I have no shame! Embracing my lushiness!! Looking forward the next few days!! :) Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)!!! :drinker:
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was kinda feeling bad about my week and how I was doing.
    Then I came here, and I feel so much better..lol.
    Thanks lushes!! :drinker:

Me too! Although I managed to not drink last night, but definitely feeling it tonight!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=2 drinks
    Monday=6 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks

Tonight there will be some red wine I think. try to stick to two glasses, the snow is supposed to come down pretty good tonight.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Sunday=2 drinks
    Monday=6 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks

Tonight there will be some red wine I think. try to stick to two glasses, the snow is supposed to come down pretty good tonight.

As much as I was snowed out last winter because we had a freak amount and my wrists wanted to just die. I wish we were having a white Christmas, instead we had a white Halloween. Gotta love New England and our weirdo weather.

Just saw the newest Sarah Mclachlan ASPCA commercial for Christmas and just as her other one does, it had the tears streaming down my face. My heart just breaks seeing all those fur babies look so sad ='( :cry: I look at mine and can't imagine abandoning them. I am happy to be a monthly donor but I wish others would do their part and not abandon their fur kids, or abuse them or hoard them. There are options, non kill shelter, the humane society, the ASPCA, friends, family. I'll just never understand the horrible things these poor love bugs have to deal with because of so called humane human beings.

On that note, is it time for a Christmas martini yet?
  • rjadams
    Options
    christmas martini sounds about right.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    christmas martini sounds about right.

On #2 =} by the way, absolutely LOVE your pic :smile: even just pictures of pups make me happy, don't know what I'd do without my 3 :heart:

Another martini oooor no? Hmmmm
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sobbing. Kiera (the black one) just laid down and died about an hour ago. Shocked. She got a clean bill of health at the vet when she got her shot yesterday but she was very lethargic this afternoon and she just laid down and died. Must drink to ease the pain.:cry:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Sobbing. Kiera (the black one) just laid down and died about an hour ago. Shocked. She got a clean bill of health at the vet when she got her shot yesterday but she was very lethargic this afternoon and she just laid down and died. Must drink to ease the pain.:cry:

Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry :cry: I know how hard it is to lose a fur baby, sometimes worse than losing a human family member. However, it has to be even harder if she was given a clean bill of health :frown: Do you think the vet was wrong or will you seek some legal ways?

=( this breaks my heart. I'm so sorry RJ. It's rare I find others who love their fur kids as much as I love mine but even without meeting you, I know you definitely are one of the not so many who love their fur babies beyond words. We are all here for you :heart:

I'll have a drink in your darling sweet pups memory. I know it's hard but I try and think of them sitting in Gods lap being spoiled rotten and where the tears still stream, I can smile a little more each day thinking of all the great memories I had with them and that they are not in any sort of discomfort anymore.