Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    a few vodka limeade rocks. No real drinking going on. DH has cold and so do I. we are off to the Zoo today. Lots of walkng around I hope.
    you still in san diego??
    the weather has cooperated for you. :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I just can't seem to find my way back to a routine. i think it's because the husband and kid are home. Yup..I'm going to blame it on them.

But I also..just cleaned out the fridge of the honey baked ham..prime rib...and dips and crap that I've been munching on that normally wouldn't give the time of day.
    And I cleaned up the decorations. Usually we leave them up for New Years since we have a party..but this year we are going out of town so I want to come home to a "clean" house....new beginnings and all that.
    New Years will be lots of lushiness..but the food isn't too caloric. Lobster and clams. YUMMMM.

I haven't even perused the website forums...lots of newbies I bet!!

Happy New Year to my favorite MFP group!!:drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    you still in san diego??

yep today was awesome and we are feeling better. Going to World Famous for dinner tonight. I walked so much today. tomorrow we are going to La Jolla to snob shop and have lunch. I really feel so much better having had sun in my face all day.:happy:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    you still in san diego??

yep today was awesome and we are feeling better. Going to World Famous for dinner tonight. I walked so much today. tomorrow we are going to La Jolla to snob shop and have lunch. I really feel so much better having had sun in my face all day.:happy:
    YAY! I love to walk all around Lajolla. Although if you prefer a bit more relaxed vibe might i suggest my neighborhood of Del Mar? Just a bit further north...very beachy and sooooo many great shops and places to eat as well. (LOL...You can't really go wrong with any beach town you hit. But I work for the Del Mar Chamber sometimes and I would be remiss if I didn't say that. :wink: )
    I'm glad you're feeling better.
    And your avi pic is wonderful.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 1 wine
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks

Total: 1
    Goal: < 15

I am hoping to continue on the sobriety path tonight. I took care of a 31-year alcoholic yesterday, yellow with jaundice. His future on his current path is 96% mortality. Dang!! I think I was probably in the 50s/60s for the past month.

I was eliminated from my contest today....BOOOOOO...there are only 6 players left; so, it should be done the end of January.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night at dinner, it was Italian and I just had to have the calzone and a half bottle of red zin, and it came in a small bottle, so cute!
    I think tonight I will be sober. Hoping to sleep better than last night.
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    been a super lush over the holidays. yesterday only none drinking day...oh boy..I guess i should just go with the flow till the New Year..come on Sunday..
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wedesday 0

Tonight is my night out...it is on til after New Years!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I was eliminated from my contest today....BOOOOOO...there are only 6 players left; so, it should be done the end of January.

Sorry about your elimination :frown:
  • JBrown9538
    JBrown9538 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am glad to see this time of year isn't only effecting me LOL I have been drinking like a fish for the past few weeks. This week I only had a few glasses of wine here or there but I have parties tonight, Fri, Sat & Sun. Ooof! I am sure there will be more wine in my future! After New year's I will cut way back. I have to if I ever want to loose weight again!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I second Del Mar is my fave!

So after my tossed post, I've been sick, so I've been staying lush-free. Hubs and I usually have a "kid-friendly" NYE party, and we'll probably have it this year as well. The kids one in their jammies, the adults drink, drunken Wii Dance usually happens...it's really fun, even though I didn't make it past 10:30 last year.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    went to la jolla. sentimental reason. DH used to live there when we first hooked up. Boy things have changed. drinking wine right now.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    went to la jolla. sentimental reason. DH used to live there when we first hooked up. Boy things have changed. drinking wine right now.

Glad you're having a good time and hope you're holding up in regards to your pup. I finally came across a video of animal abuse that I couldn't even press play on. I normally watch them if they come across my news feed or some other way so that I can respectfully sign a petition against it, or otherwise I feel I'm turning a blind eye. However the description of this video and just seeing the still image of the video brought me to tears. It was a woman in Brazil that beat a yorkie to death :cry: she punched him, kicked him and threw him against the wall. He died 2 days later of a broke body. All she got was a fine and community service. It absolutely disgusts me and I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I hope she gets the *kitten* beaten out of her so she knows what that poor little pup felt. Hopefully he's now in pup heaven being spoiled and loved but even that thought doesn't make his terrible story any less heart breaking. I broke down twice today just thinking about it and I've been thinking about it all day. All I could do was just hug my fur babies close and hope they feel how much I love them. People like her have no place on this earth and its cases like these that shake my faith in god. I know you're supposed to forgive and give people second chances but she does not in any way deserve either of those, ever.

Sorry about the downer post, it just really affected me.

3 spiked hogs tonight, trying to get rid of it before the 1st because I am certainly not wasting nog since I won't get to have it again until after our wedding. I am however looking forward to getting back to the healthy train and losing these lbs. Even though others say I'm in fine shape as is, I'm short and I feel huge right now. I have a small frame so that combined with being around 5' 2, anything above 115 shows and I feel it. My pants are tight and that's especially how I know that the holidays got to me. I could have worked out and maybe prevented some of those pounds but oh well, I enjoyed my time off and look forward to getting back on track.

Having our Christmas party tomorrow, have 4 platters of food and we'll have plenty of booze. Friends will probably just spend the night and make a weekend New Years party out of it which was the plan anyway. Should be a good time.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I just haven't been on here lately. As with some people, this is not the cheeriest time of the year for me.

Been good for the first two weeks of December, but slowly slide to lushy-ness the last two weeks. And there is this weekend, oh boy!

Here's to a fantastic New Year for my fellow lushes! Cheers!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Have our house nice & warm as well as smelling of apples, cinnamon & cider. It's all ready for guests to come eat, drink & be merry =} I am looking forward to champagne :drinker: as well as some yummy food with family :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 1 wine
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 2 Sam Adams

Total: 3

I am scheduled to work from 3 to 11 tomorrow...I'll be home in time for the NYE countdown and earn double pay...whoot, whoot
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 3 beers & a spiked egg nog.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 1 wine
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 1 Sam Adams

Total: 2

I had to revise, I was too tired to drink the 2nd Sam Adams last night....so, only 2 for the week...my liver is smiling
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm taking off to the OC for a few days.
    Lobster and clams tonight, with lots of games and booze.

taking bathing suits since the forecast says 85 degrees for tomorrow. Hope to recover poolside!

Have a wonderful New year my lushes!! :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I'm taking off to the OC for a few days.
    Lobster and clams tonight, with lots of games and booze.

taking bathing suits since the forecast says 85 degrees for tomorrow. Hope to recover poolside!

Have a wonderful New year my lushes!! :drinker:

I have been craving lobster and clams since you mentioned it a few days ago and I don't even really like clams! :laugh:

Have a wonderful time :drinker: