Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 beers, 1 nice single malt...................
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    5 mimosas and a cranberry vodka on the plane. then 3 vodka rocks in our room and a glass of wine with dinner. at least we had to walk about a mile and a half to get the vodka and then today we walked about 4 miles to get some cables for the video player and some water. ready to start in on the vodka again. I love vacations. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hope all is well with everyone!

We lost power right in the middle of my Xmas Eve dinner (along with about 583 other people in San Diego apparently)
    What to do? DRINK!!!

The meal finally came together (sorta..minus a few planned items)
    We opened gifts by candlelight. The lights came back on after a couple of hours..and we turned them back off..except for the tree. It was nice. It could have been a disaster..but maybe we were all too hammered to care. :drinker:

Haven't had anything to drink since..but I'm on total food leftover overload. Still no exercise. Tomorrow is a new day.

Next big meal will be New Years Eve..Maine lobsters and clams!!
    Oy..the scale..I don't even WANT to know how bad it is!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Wolf...way to make it happen, you probs feel a lot better by now

SoCal...sounds like it was a blast overall...also seems like your power is always out in one form or the other

Safe to say I have quelled the thoughts of drinking tonight:

Monday, 0 drinks
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Too much since last Thursday - at least a bottle of wine each night!
    Monday: 0
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 3 beers..................not bad.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 1 pinto grigio

I buckled

Total: 1

Goal: <15
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    In think I was less lushy over Christmas than I've been all break. Last night was one...but i think I'm fighting a sinus infection, so I'll probably have nothing tonight.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been superlushy, so not been counting, oh the dangers of pouring Baileys by the tumbler full, soooo easy to drink.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a pretty nice Christmas. I got a beautiful mental image of opening gifts by candle light!

My husband came home Thursday and we got completely hammered so we got up on Friday and drank more so that we weren't hungover for Christmas eve but that plan kinda backfired cause I ended up pretty smashed by the end of the night and felt like crap Christmas morning. On the upside, I haven't drank since Friday.

I went after Christmas shopping though on Sunday and bought some super cute jeans and sweaters all a size smaller than what I would have worn just a few months ago... pretty cool nsv:wink:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I am tossed. Yay!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 1 wine
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Goal: < 15

I'm holding out for New Years which I am scheduled to work until 11:30 PM...then, I will dash home and INDULGE

Happy Holiday Lushing!!!

Kasi, shopping sounded fun with the smaller sizes...whoot, whoot
    Amy, WTG...Tossed!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Well last week was a total lush week, I was probably drinking 3-4 (vodka and diet) every night then Saturday Sunday and Monday was probably 10 to 12 a day.. Tuesday was a major detox for me.. 0 to drink.. going to try for 0 to drink until Friday evening.. my body is screaming at me for last week...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    a few vodka limeade rocks. No real drinking going on. DH has cold and so do I. we are off to the Zoo today. Lots of walkng around I hope.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Over the Christmas weekend, I was in Small Town, KS, USA. Totally lushy the ENTIRE time we were there...which was Friday-Monday. Didn't drink Monday night, or last night. I think my body is slowly detoxing! I don't plan on drinking until Friday (which I'm meeting girlfriends for drinks after work)...and of course, NYE! However, after that...I'm going to put my lushy ways in the backseat for a while (if I can!) My 25th birthday is at the end of January, so I'm going to try to hold off on drinking until my birthday weekend! Let's see if I can do it!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday! Can't believe that 2012 comes this weekend!! AHH!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did make some Jack Daniels fudge, which is awesome, but definitely NOT low calorie :noway:
    Recipe? That sounds good. There is a local ice cream place and they make a Jack Daniels ice cream and it is chocolatey. Jack Daniels fudge sounds delish.
    Weekend was pretty lushy.
    Friday= 1/2 bottle of red
    Saturday=2/3 of a bottle, or 1/3 of two bottles
    Sunday=couple of beers and red wine
    Monday=tequila, three oz
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    Tonight we are going to dinner with friends so I think there will be drinking. Thursday should be sober, no plans Friday but then NYE!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 1 wine
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks, that's the plan

Goal: < 15

I think that my body is going thru withdrawls. Sleep is very disrupted and I am super itchy, must be some neuro thing going on. Anyway, I feel more refreshed today and will actually do this thing called "exercise".

Sounds like we are all pretty lushy right now. I guess, to be expected, given the circumstances.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Woooooah, lushy is an understatement for Christmas Eve and Christmas haha. Oh well. Sort of jump started my New Year wedding diet today. Will probably have some beers tonight but have a healthy dinner. Cleaned out the fridge so there aren't any leftovers or anything unhealthy in there except of course the leftover cheesecake that I'm giving until the 1st and then ALL junk in the house goes! I'm looking forward to our Christmas/New Years party that will be this whole weekend. Lots of champagne which I just absolutely love :smile: We got some pretty great gifts this year, mostly for the house but I love gifts for the house haha.

My plan to slim down for the wedding is as of the 1st, no drinking until at least Friday, lots of salads with either chicken, fish, pork or for the fiancé, maybe some lean red meat. We'll have to get creative so that we don't get bored with the meals but it should be fine and we should both be in great shape for the wedding. I will also be starting a round of P90X so I'll get the cardio and tone up, I'm looking forward to being back in shape :glasses:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that you all have a fabulous New Year :heart: :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I did make some Jack Daniels fudge, which is awesome, but definitely NOT low calorie :noway:
    Recipe? That sounds good. There is a local ice cream place and they make a Jack Daniels ice cream and it is chocolatey. Jack Daniels fudge sounds delish.

Here is the recipe I used

http://www.food.com/recipe/jack-daniels-fudge-11961

It tastes very strong at first, but the more you eat it the better it tastes :laugh:

I did what Kat did today and threw everything out including the rest of the fudge :noway: . I was the only one eating it and if you look at the nutritional values...well let's just say there is zero nutritional value except calories!

Last night - two glasses of chardonnay
    Tonight - I will finish the bottle that has maybe a half of glass left.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Wolf, I threw the rest of the muffins to the dogs...and, then threw the cookies & other stuff out