New Year, New Challenge

Options
L2M1D52
L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
Hi everyone!
The end of 2011 is coming to an end and 2012 will soon be upon us. Our new challenge will begin on Jan. 1. It will be a monthly challenge and has been taking from a challenge seen around MFP but is a good one. During the month of Jan. the challenge will be to exercise for 24 hours. By the end of Jan. you will know that you spent ONE FULL DAY devoted to exercise and could be a great accomplishment! We will do away with the spreadsheet for this challenge and I would like for everyone to check in and write the exercise they did for the day. It would be great to check in every day. However, it's understandable if you are unable to; just try your best to check in as much as possible. I think seeing other's exercise options can give new ideas to everyone and get us talking. In addition, feel free to discuss a personal challenge you would like to work on so that we can be supportive of one another.

While you wait for the challenge to begin reflect on the journey you have made thus far and think of what has worked and what has not worked for you. No matter what, remember to be proud of yourself. If you can't tell yourself or hear it from someone else, then I am telling you that you are great, strong, beautiful, and powerful. Don't forget that. Hope to see many people join this challenge and you can post on this thread. GOOD LUCK! :bigsmile:

Edited to add: The best way to post your workouts would be;

1/1 = 60 min walk
1/2 = 30 min circuit training
1/3 = 40 min treadmill

Total 130 (you can post a total each day so you can calculate easier).

Replies

• MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!

New Year New Me and I'm going to smash this!!! :tongue:
    Excited and extremely up for it! C'mon ladies...who else wants to start off the New Year by modelling yourselves a New You???

I most certainly do!!
  • carrie1610
    carrie1610 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like it!!! :smile: What a good idea for a challenge. I'm certainly in. Over the last few weeks the exercise has slipped so I really do need to get back into it again.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge idea. I've gotten lax about my exercise over the holidays. I already recommitted to myself to start exercising again in January, so this will be a great motivator!
  • Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    woho... this is going to be tough - anyway, I'll give it a try, thanks for the challenge!
  • shortmom60
    Options
    I love this idea and what a great way to start the New Year. I have been slipping the last two weeks so it's time to get back into exercising. I'm in!!
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just wish my ski trip this week could count!!!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I'm in! Just wish my ski trip this week could count!!!
    Don't see why it wouldn't. Skiing burns a lot of calories.
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am ready to re-assess and get the lbs off!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Love the excitement you guys! I can't wait to get this one started!!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :)
    24 hours of working out in a month....LOVE IT! I think I'm actually scheduled for a run on the 1st so yay!
  • Gardengirlid
    Options
    Im new on MFP and I am in for this challange! I need to be accountable somewhere. :)
  • Littlered9
    Options
    I'm in!! :happy:
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I'm in! I do Turbo Jam videos, so get ready to see a lot of that. :)
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! 24 hours sounds amazing and I'm looking forward to doing my best! :smile:
  • cameralinds
    Options
    This is a really great idea! Too bad this week doesn't count. hehe.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I had already decided to start doing 1 hour a day of any exercise so this fits!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    This is perfect! I am in, and will be hoping to get all the way to 24 hours!

thanks -
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try it! :) I haven't done a challenge in awhile, so sign me up. I will try to get on daily for sure...I sure with the MFP app had forum access, because then I know I could do it. I don't always get on my computer each day, but I am sure going to try!
  • SpecialKwest
    SpecialKwest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm game! This will be great for me, I'm super competitive.
  • empressM
    Options
    Great challenge--I'm in!