3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Hey ladies, this baby is really really moving these days and feels so strong! I havent done much for the baby buit we are pretty much done, just need to get a few more things, finish packing the hospital bags. Going for pedis and dinner with some girls tonight, ya! Ive been super tired and not sleeping so well, I sleep on my sides then my hips get sore so I end up propping myself up with pillows and sleep upright. I do kind of wake up on my belly sometimes, baby lets me know when its too much. I cant believe Im doing this again, and coming so soon. Im really worried about breast feeding cause my nipples are sooo sensitive. I really want to make it work this time, I didnt breast feed my daughter too much so it will be a challenge. Going to try to get some last min things this weekend. Hopefully a nap too. Next week is my last week of work. I feel bad cause I feel that I should work as much as possible but I also really want a week off before baby comes, Im guessing 38 weeks.

Havent played with my moby yet but watched a video on it and it doesnt seem to bad

Have a greqat weekend ladies

Tara
    35 weeks 6 days
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Kelley~ I'm sorry your sister cancelled on coming. I know that can be disappointing. My one sister lives an hour away, and I know it's upsetting to her that we aren't able to visit her as often as she comes to see us.

Kristin~ Your c/section day is coming up! I know my sister-in-law was worried about leaving her little ones at home when she had her last scheduled c/section at the hospital. Try to use the time to rest up before you are home. Do you know if your hospital has a sibling party? It is a fun way for your older child to welcome the new baby. :smile:

Kristi~ I usually gain the most weight in my last trimester. However, this pregnancy I gained weight steadily throughout my pregnancy. I usually gain around 26lbs total. My last visit I had gained 26lbs and this visit I lost half a pound. I think 26lbs is my number. I weighed less before starting this pregnancy due to healthy eating and exercising, so I still weigh less 9 months pregnant than I did with my others. I hope you have fun at your brother's wedding.

svgarcia~ I know it can be frustrating when two different doctors measure you differently. I know some doctors are known for being more "generous" than others. You are more dilated than me currently. :smile:

AFM~ I had a doctor's appointment today. I'm 40w1d, I had the doctor scheduled me for an induction April 5th. I will be 41 weeks exactly. I also had them do a Non-stress test and an ultrasound to check the baby's fluid levels. I don't want to be induced I want to deliver on my own, but my son was only 40w4d when he was born, and his placenta had an infarct. His skin was peeling and he was a very sick little boy. I really don't want that to happen to this one. Everything looked great on the ultrasound and baby passed the NST with flying colors. :happy: Hopefully I will go on my own before that date. My daughter's birthday is this Monday so I planned a quick family party for her tomorrow. I wasn't sure when to do it considering my current pregnancy state, but I want to make sure she gets her day, too. I need to get off of here and clean! Maybe that will help encourage the baby to come out. I'm trying to keep up on my twice a day walks.

Side note: At the doctor's office today, the nurse asked me if I was having contractions. I said not really anything painful. She said, "Have you tried walking?" :laugh:

Rachel~40w1d
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well, I was determined to keep my weight gain to 35 pounds this pregnancy... I think I passed that mark a couple weeks ago :cry: I should have known since I always seem to gain 40-50 pounds with each pregnancy (this is my 4th). I guess the only thing that matters is that the baby is healthy right? :ohwell:

31w 5days
    (+39)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies.
    I haven't been on the group in some time. I use to be a regular several months back. My name is Belinda and I am due June 9th with a little boy named Bentley. I have just under 10 weeks left till my due date and have been trying to get everything done. The birth plan is the only big left left. Have any of you wrote out your birth plan yet?
  • yolie1220
    Options
  • yolie1220
    Options
    Hi ladies.
    I haven't been on the group in some time. I use to be a regular several months back. My name is Belinda and I am due June 9th with a little boy named Bentley. I have just under 10 weeks left till my due date and have been trying to get everything done. The birth plan is the only big left left. Have any of you wrote out your birth plan yet?

I wrote out a birth plan for my last baby. The staff never look at it, they always ask you before doing anything so it was kind of a waste of time. They are kinda fun to do and it won't hurt anything so I figure do one if you want, but just know that nobody will look at it :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Well...TWO days until C-day! I can't believe it!!! Had a super busy weekend...put together the bassinet, finished hospital bag and Kadence's bag, washed all our bedding, did some more baby laundry, organized and got some pictures hung in the kids room, cleaned the basement and play area, had a birthday party on Saturday, friends over to BBQ Saturday night, Easter egg hunt on Sunday, dinner with grandparents Sunday evening, plus some yard work! Seriously...it was a crazy weekend! Plus spent time cuddling and loving Kadence...we hung out in bed most of Saturday morning (until like 10)...it was great! Now...two days of work to get through, and I know I'll be busy there...lots to do before I'm off!

Rachel...I don't know about sibling parties at our hospital, but I have a Big Sister basket all done up for her (it has a bunch of stuff in it that she'll love) plus we're giving her a special new baby doll at the hospital.

bmfrazie...I also wrote one last pregnancy and they never used it...I ended up needing an emergency c-section. I think it's good to write out so you know and have it there for them to look at, but just be prepared that things don't always go as planned and as long as you have a healthy baby, that's really all that matters.

yolie...yes, a healthy baby is most important. I gained a TON of weight with my first pregnancy (like 65+ pounds) and was determined to only gain 35 this time...well it turns out I gained around 50. But I look and feel much better than last time, so I'm not too worried about it! Plus, last time I lost all that baby weight and was at my lowest ever...so I know I can do it again!

Well...off to get some work done! Hope you ladies all have a FABULOUS day!!

Kristin--38 weeks, 5 days
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies! :bigsmile: Thank you for the warm welcome to 3rd Tri!
    Kristi - Thank you so much for your support! I have to admit the frustrating conversation with the dr. has been dominating my thoughts this week. I just keep replaying it in my mind, like you said. I also took a tour of the hospital yesterday so that I would be armed with that information as well when I meet with doula tomorrow. I think the overall feeling I was left with from dr. was just how difficult it was to have a healthy discussion about things. She just kept cutting me off and it felt somewhat condescending. She said no to hep lock (said that it was silly and used some metaphor about running a marathon without water:huh: , only constant iv/fetal monitoring, so no labor tub, no walking around, no delayed chord clamp, grilled me about why I would prefer to tear over episiotomy, and the list goes on lol She did say that I could do skin to skin, and begrudgingly said I could breastfeed right away-if I really wanted to (???) She's been so pleasant thus far that it was like a weird 180 when I mentioned a birth plan--which she doesn't allow.... Sorry to ramble but it's still got me fired up! The hospital tour was okay and basically said that they have very few policies, everything is really determined by your dr. Sooo I've been on the phone with insurance and just looking into options to switch to midwife, sounds tricky-- but I should know by wednesday. Dr could have been having an off day or something but definitely left me with an icky feeling, ya know? If midwife doesn't pan out I have appt with my dr next monday and I'll just see how that goes. It's nice that your doctor was able to explain nicely and compromise with you :smile: And sorry about Hawaii, what a tease!

Kelley - Funny that you mentioned sleeping on your stomach, I was always a stomach sleeper but lately I find myself waking up on my back Yikes! I surround myself with pillows but it seems to be my new trend. 2 nights ago though I woke up dizzy and nauseous---scary, but it really is true that your body will tell you when to move positions I guess!

Kristin - What a weekend- you've been one busy mama! Very impressed by your energy :) The Big sister basket sounds so sweet, it sounds like it will be such a special day for her too. Can't believe you'll be meeting your baby so soon! Yay!!

Svgarcia - I love all the number stats with your kids, how neat! Are all three boys? When are you due?

Tara - Yay for last day of work this week! I ordered a moby wrap as well, was the video you watched on youtube? I got one of the UV moby wraps since the summers here in houston are insanely hot (yuck lol)

Rachel - Has baby made her debut yet? Hope the party went well this weekend and your daughter had a nice birthday :)

Belinda - Love your son's name! Birth plans have been a hot topic for me since the dr won't let me do one lol But there are some great templates out there, and everyone has just told me to keep it brief and to the point and some even say to call it "birth preferences" and to add a nice little heading about how you understand that things will change as necessary. I think it's a nice way to organize your own thoughts though about how you envision your birth experience, and an effective way to communicate when in the throws of labor! lol

AFM: The weather has been kinda crazy here! 90 degrees all weekend, with flash thunderstorms and random hail today! Yikes the world is ending lol Need to buy a preggo bathing suit soon though with this heat! Didn't get to yoga this weekend but have been doing well with water intake, though the 5 million trips to the bathroom aren't that awesome. Food was good last week, splurged a bit with the hubby this weekend tho, and I do have a bag of spinach and a cucumber that went bad in the fridge-- so more salad this week! We took a tour of the hospital yesterday which was fun-- it was so weird to picture myself there actually having a baby tho, couldn't quite wrap my head around it! And then on Saturday we used a groupon to do one of those 3d/4d ultrasounds- so neat! The baby was smiling and peeking open its eyes, and even stuck its tongue out! And boy does the baby have some big lips- so cute! lol It was also the first time hubby got to hear the heartbeat which was really special, and they even recorded it and put it inside a stuffed monkey so when you squeeze it you hear our little one! Overall a good weekend, and looking forward to doula appointment tomorrow. Alright, have a good night everyone!

Jane
    (29wk1d)
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Krisit - for me weight gain in the 3rd tri first time around was the least I gained the whole 9 months...I think I gained less than a lb a week but then at 40 weeks i put on 10lbs of water weight but it depends. I think a lot of it has to do with just not being able to eat as much because the baby gets so big so even if you want burger, fries and a shake...half way through the burger you are full...
    Hope you got some good organizing in last weekend and that your found a dress that goes lovely with your soon to be mommy glow.

Jane - so sorry to hear you are having a difficult time with your doctor...I hope you able to get a midwife.. for my first I had my mom ( she's a nurse) and told her all the things i needed and she helped make sure things were what I needed them to be, even though I didn't go as natural as I would have liked. It's definitely nice having someone who respects and understands your wants and needs. Love the bear with the heart beat...that is amazing.

Kritin - Oh My...you were seriously on the go all weekend...that's a lot of stuff you packed into 2 days...amazing and then back and at work today...wow. I love the sibling basket...I know I want to make one or something for my son but have no idea what to put in it...all he really loves at the moment are balls...he goes crazy for them especially a basket ball. One of his great aunts got him a mini basket ball hoop, but she lives out in Ohio, so I am hoping it comes around the time of the baby so that he has something of his own...otherwise I am at a loss...what kind of things did you put in your daughter's basket?

Belinda - welcome back...I had a birth plan first time around... I agree it was nice to research and know my options and then to know what I specifially did or did not want even if things changed last min having some kind of outline was great...I say if you if you can but keep an open mind.

Tara - last week of work...how awesome.. I completely understand on wanting to have a little time before the baby comes. I plan on doing the samething just so I can get some mommy time in and also so that I can spend a little extra time with my son.

Rachel - here's hoping your little one come on it's own...with all the walking you do I am surprised baby hasn't arrived yet.

AFM - my weekend was good. On Friday the hubs worked from home so I was able to run some errands on my own during my son's nap time and then I cooked for the weekend and did some prep for this weekes meals...I was so exhausted by 8:30 that after I put my son down I told my husband I was going to lie down for a litlte while and literally stayed in bed the rest of the night...it was wonderful. Saturday was nice and relaxed even got in my walk in the evening...which was awesome and then did some work Saturday night.
    Sunday, I took my son to the farmer's market so my husband could paint with no distractions...it was great... he had a good time eating the fruit samples and watching the people. The we came home and napped and in the evening I started working on my container garden. Going to sprout some plants in containers and then in 2 weeks put them in the ground...hopefully by then my husband would have got around to building me a raised garden...but it was great being outside with the LO, who was more interested in playing with the watering bucket than anything else. So our weekend was pretty low key...
    Lots of movement from the baby...in fact last night my husband was hugging me and the baby kicked and he was like wow...it freaked him out a little...lol...
    Otherwise...we are all good...hoping to get some miles in this week. Nothing major planned just work and then this weekend to Delaware for my great aunts 100th birthday bash...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well...

Kelley
    28 wk 5 days.
  • yolie1220
    Options

yolie...yes, a healthy baby is most important. I gained a TON of weight with my first pregnancy (like 65+ pounds) and was determined to only gain 35 this time...well it turns out I gained around 50. But I look and feel much better than last time, so I'm not too worried about it! Plus, last time I lost all that baby weight and was at my lowest ever...so I know I can do it again!

I've always lost the weight afterwards too, but I just wanted to stay under 35 pounds this time so my docs would stop giving me "the lecture" haha.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday gals!

Kelley...Kadence's basket has the following: a big sister book (found it at target...they have big brother ones too), a small barbie (the littlest sister Kelly), a tin with sparkly princess lip glosses, pink sunglasses, a ballerina cup with lid, a coloring packet with crayons, a cone of cotton candy, a pack of pick candy corn, a big sister necklace with her name on it, a candy necklace and ring pop, and some cookie dunkers. Then she also gets her new baby doll. I think the basket will be good because it gives her some stuff she can do at the hospital. You could get him a mini bowling kit or something since he likes balls...I know we had one for Kadence when she was younger and she loved it! I don't know...I'm sure you'll think of something great!

Jane...good luck with the preggo bathing suit...that was the hardest thing for me to buy when I was pregnant last time...NONE of them felt very flattering...but like I've mentioned, I gained a LOT of weight my first pregnancy! And I'm glad you got a good ultrasound experience! It's such an amazing thing!!

yolie...yep, I was hoping for the 35 pounds also to avoid the "lecture" and luckily I didn't get it this time!! So, maybe you won't either!!

AFM: Had a good night last night. Spent some time playing outside with Kadence and then cuddling with her inside. Then we went out for a nice dinner (last time just the three of us). Then some more playing outside, bath, and bed. It was perfect! I kept sneaking in Kadence's room last night and kissing her while she was sleeping...tonight will be her first night away...she's going home with my Mom tonight since we head to the hospital EARLY tomorrow morning. I am very sad about this...I want to keep her with me...but I'll survive. First night away from my baby! :( But I'm going to try and relax tonight once she leaves...take a nice long bath...shave my legs and soak (something I won't get to do for a while again after my c-section). Then spend some time with my husband before our lives change again tomorrow! CRAZY! So excited and so nervous...

Hope you all have a fantastic day!! If I don't get on anymore today, you'll hear from me after my little one is here!!!!!!!

Kristin--38 weeks 6 days
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Kristin - thanks for the ideas and for sharing what you put in your basket. I know how you feel being away from your baby...I always hate leaving Ben for a night and I have never left for more than one night before so not sure how he will take 2 nights and 3 days. still working on a plan. All the best today on relaxing and enjoying time with the hubby and you time.
    Wishing you and the best a safe and sound c-section.

AFM - was seriously tired this morningwhen I woke up...first time in a long time and I went to bed before midnight last night so not sure why I was dragging. I got out of bed, laid on the couch then got back in bed before I made myself get up...I guess some days are just tougher to get out of bed than others. Feeling a little better now that I am work but still wish I could snuggle up in bed. Hopefully I will get a walk in tonight and that will help with mood and allow me to sleep better. I had the craziest dream last night...I dreamt I let my sister take my son with her to a program and she lost him...I was like a mad women in the dream screaming and crying and yelling...it was so odd..not sure what it was about but so glad it was just a dream.

Alright have things to do and an hr less to do them. Will check in later.

kelley
  • taldie01
    Options
    kristen- good luck! I also cant believe this is your daughters first night away! I cant even count how many times mune has slept at nana and papas. Im sure shell be fine. Love the basket too, thats so sweet

Kelly- funny my lil one and I planted some seeds in the ground on sat, watered them and then she just wanted to stand there and watch them grow. I took my daughter for a walk and she wanted me to run, alot, all I can say is ouch.

Jane- so wierd about your nurse. Im not really going in with a birth plan per say, just things Im going to verbalize when Im there.

Well Im 36 weeks and in my last week of work, thank the lord! I cant wait to not have to wearwork clothes, and rest and do stuff around the house. I am feeling very large and uncomfortable. I get up a million times a night to pee, and if I eat too close to bedtime Ill wake up with heartburn, stomach acid in my throat and have to run to the bathroom to throw up :sick: I have my Drs appt today and theyll be doing strep B test. Also if they cant figure out if baby is head down or sideways, or oblique then they will want me to go for another ultrasound. What a tease since we arent finding out the gender. Weekend was good, hospital bags are pretty much done, nursery is done, clothes washed and put away. Looking forward to easter this weekend, and enjoying that its a short work week, and my last work week! :drinker:

Tara
    36 weeks
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    hi everyone....

Kristin-thank u for sharing the basket idea...that is too cute! I admire you got a lot of stuffs done.

Tara--you must be excited about taking leave. I know I was. I ended at 37 wks.

Jane--wow- ur DR sure sounds like he/she did a 180. Hope it was just an off day. Yes I have 3 boys, and this one is a girl. I'm due next Fri the 13th.

Kelley-congrats on your aunty having her 100th bday...God Bless her ;-)

AFM: Been cleaning out, throwing away stuffs, donating stuffs. Man, I got a lot of crap in this house. Still have a lot more to do before baby comes. Well, today is the 3rd. If nothing happens, I have my next prenatal appt tomrw a.m. I'm really hoping she comes by Fri if not today because my boys have a spring concert/play for school which I don't wanna miss.
    I haven't prepared a birth plan for any of my 3 boys and I don't have one for this one either.
    Also: My first grader made it to the state's ACSI spelling bee. And I'm so proud of him, he made it 4th place for 1st grade....When we got in the car, he was looking at his award (a ribbon) and he started to write his name in the back. Then he writes all our name on the back and he goes, I'm gonna name my sister Shasti. And he ended up writing that. It was so cute. We don't have a name yet. My husband wants Shavalle and nick name her Shevy girl. I kind of wanted Shylee-Shailee- or a "K" name because My oldest is Joshua then Jaedon and Keegan. So I have 2 "J". And want a K so I could have 2 "K" but my husbands name is Kawika so he said let's do S for me. That's nice that he was thinking of me but i really didn't care about having S for me.

I'd like to hear some opinions....

Does anyone have lower back pains? Gosh, when I sit or lay down and get up, it hurts. I feel like an old lady. I've never experienced this w/ my other 3 pregnancy. Can anyone shed some light?? I have to hold on to something when first getting up.

~Sharon
    39 wks 4 days
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    HI, LADIES! How are you all? I can’t believe how fast time is flying by… so many new babies coming soon!

Sharon –My work is on the Big Island I think. That’s so cool that you’re from Hawaii! How’s your back? I haven’t had any back pain yet, but I think I might if my belly keeps growing! I feel like such an old lady getting out of bed in the am! You’re getting close… you could be next!

Tara – Is the baby still moving a lot? How has the sleeping been going? A lot of ladies talk about restless nights those last few weeks. I’m loving the new bump pic! Congrats on the last week of work! Good luck on strep B test.

Rachel – Still holding out for the induction on 4/5???? Great job keeping up the walking all the way til the end!

Yolie – I’m starting to think weight gain charts and suggestions are just crazy. I could drive myself nuts comparing my gain to other preggers I know or see or the latest weight gain article I get my hands on…. BUT the truth is that everyone’s bodies react to pregnancy so differently and comparing is useless. As long as you’re eating well, staying active, and feel well… I wouldn’t worry about the gain. It definitely seems like your body knows it needs that 40-50 lbs every time for the baby!

Hi, Belinda! Glad to you popped in! Bentley… love the name! how is the birth plan coming along?

Kristin – Tomorrow’s the day!!!! Can’t believe how much stuff you got done this past weekend… you are one busy, active mama! Best wishes to you and your family for a happy, healthy delivery!

Jane – How is the switch to a midwifery going? Have you gotten anywhere with your insurance company? I definitely think it’s going to be super important for you to find something that makes you feel comfortable and more respected. No one wants to go into have their baby with that icky feeling. Where did you find the Groupon for 3D/4D? I would love to get one done… but we’ve been trying to save a lot of money to go to one income.

Kelley – The farmer’s market sounds like a blast! And… so glad you got the hubby painting! Wow… 100th birthday party… that’s impressive! It sounds like the preggo sleep monster has been visiting you lately… always tired, can’t sleep, and crazy dreams! Sometimes I wake up thinking “did I really just dream about THAT?! So weird!”

As for me… I think I’ve had a little of the pregnancy “Super Woman” syndrome lately. This past weekend, the baby’s room went from 0 to 60 in no time! I cleaned out the room, organized the closet, shopped for decorations and things we needed, washed and put away all N & 0-3mo clothes, washed all bedding and bouncy chair covers… I was a mad woman! Seriously… by Sunday night my feet were sore and I was glad to be going back to work. Ha!

Went to my first birthing class at the hospital last night. It was fun and informative. However, when I got home from work, the hubby was sick in bed (poor guy!) and had come home from work with a bad cold. I didn’t want to bring him along to our class to potentially infect all the preggos… so I ended up going myself. Lol… definitely funny doing the breathing exercises,etc. without the hubby there. Even better was the fact that I just dropped my wedding rings off at the jewelers to get all polished up for my bro’s wedding this weekend… I’m sure some of the couples in the birthing class were thinking… “oh… look at this poor pregnant single lady with no one to support her… “ But, seriously… I don’t know how single moms do it on their own. Going through this experience with a supportive hubby has been hard enough… could never imagine doing it alone or at a younger age!

That’s it for now… hope you’re all doing well!

KRISTI
    32w1d
  • yolie1220
    Options
    yolie...yep, I was hoping for the 35 pounds also to avoid the "lecture" and luckily I didn't get it this time!! So, maybe you won't either!!

Nope, too late. I got the lecture at my last appt.
  • yolie1220
    Options
    Yolie – I’m starting to think weight gain charts and suggestions are just crazy. I could drive myself nuts comparing my gain to other preggers I know or see or the latest weight gain article I get my hands on…. BUT the truth is that everyone’s bodies react to pregnancy so differently and comparing is useless. As long as you’re eating well, staying active, and feel well… I wouldn’t worry about the gain. It definitely seems like your body knows it needs that 40-50 lbs every time for the baby!

Thanks :smile: I figure this is my last pregnancy so I'm gonna enjoy it and not worry about all the "rules" that drive me nuts!
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Kristin- It's here!!!! Hope everything goes super smoothly for you!

AFM- This desk job is kicking my butt. I'm more exhausted working 9 hours a day then I was working 48 hours straight and not getting a solid night's rest. Sorry I've been MIA. Today is another busy day as I have a pre-natal and an appointment with my gastroentologist(which I must grumble at since I have yet been scheduled for an appointment he's actually kept. His receptionist calls 2-7 days prior and always needs to re-book. This appointment was scheduled for the 10th and the called yesterday afternoon wanting me to come in this am. Thank goodness my boss is flexible enough to accomodate this...end grumble)

My friend had her baby on Monday night at 29 weeks 2 lbs 3 oz. Eekk I'm glad I'm a few weeks ahead of her but pray to God babe doesn't make an appearance before 36 weeks. He seems to be doing well just using CPAP to breath.

Anyways must run again. I should have a little more time to post in the next few weeks and I'll catch up then. Hope everyone has a great day.

Amanda
    31W6D
    (+20lbs)
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Kristin - Yay today is the big day!! Congratulations!! We can't wait to see that first pic of your sweet little baby :)

Kelley - That's so nice to have a mom who's a nurse, she probably has lots of good information! Did she help deliver your baby? That would be amazing! I am definitely going to get this doctor business figured out this week-- I'm not the most outspoken person so it's just really important for me to have a good relationship with my doctor, so that communication will be comfortable and easy. Fingers crossed! btw love that your husband got a belly to belly kick! How cool!

Yolie1220 - Sorry to hear that dr has been giving you the weight lecture, ugh. I've heard it quite a bit myself, but because I was overweight to begin with and only "allowed" to gain a small amount--so every little pound is scrutinized. But you look like you're in great shape in your profile pic, so sounds like your body knows what it needs and drops the weight after baby, that's great! :)

Tara - Hope your last week of work has gone by quickly! For the past week I've been having the fun heartburn/acid reflux too, yuck. I'd never experienced it before and was like, what the heck is happening?! lol Good luck on the strep b test and hope that baby is head down for ya!

Sharon - Your first little girl, how exciting! She'll be very looked after and protected with 3 older brothers :) And I love that your due date is friday the 13th. Congrats on your son making it to the state spelling bee! Oh and i'm partial to the name Shylee, probably because Shyla is one of our top picks if we have a girl :) Good luck, this name stuff is hard!

Kristi - I actually got one of those groupon alerts for the ultrasound a few months ago- half off! It was a good find cuz that's the only way we got to do one- we're also in the one income saving money boat :) Wow, I am super impressed with all the nursery and laundry stuff you got done!! I hope it's contagious because I haven't done a single thing in there yet, except buy the paint lol Oh and the only baby stuff we have so far is a stroller and carseat....I better get it in gear! :) Sorry your hubby is sick!

Amanda - Glad to hear that your friends baby is doing well, how scary to go so early! Good luck with your appointments today, that gastro doc better show up! :)

AFM: Struggling to get back into workout mode this week-- I'm definitely guilty of having a one track mind about things, so I better get this switching doctors business settled quick! Had our doula appt yesterday afternoon which went great! She was really supportive of my decision to find another dr or midwife and helped me to feel more confident about the situation. It was also great because she's worked with so many of the doctors in town that she even gave me a couple names of doctors within my current network that have been great with nucb in the past-- so more options :) We went over the birth plan more, hubby asked questions, signed up for our childbirth class with her and then I got an hour massage which I wasn't expecting! Ahh-mazing :) She played a hypnobabies cd during the massage and I totally dozed off lolToday I'm going to meet the midwife group for an orientation in a few hours, and then I'll speak with their financial lady to get the final word if they'll accept my insurance. Wish me luck!
    Have a good hump day ladies!

Jane
    29wk3d
  • taldie01
    Options
    Had my strep B test yesterday, forgot they stick a q-tip uo your butt, how fun! Dr 'thinks' head is down but they want to make sure so Im getting another ultrasound today, hope the lil bugger is down. Tuough cause were not finding out the gender so no peaking!!! Ahhh I dont even want to see it, if it has hair or anything!