3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day! I go in for my c/s at noon. I am so very ready to be able to bend over again. And of course, meet my new baby...

Yeah!!!!!! Good luck can't wait to see pictures and hear your story. Let us know the name :)
  • blink1021
    Options
    Ok so I posted this on my wall but for those of you who are not friends with me I had a crazy day at the doctors. Not only did they forget about me and I sat in the waiting room for 45 min before I realized it (got involved with a show on HGTV) Went in for my stress test and she would not sit still to get a consistent reading and kept losing the heart rate (they complain when she isn't active and they complain when she is active). Felt really rushed through my whole appointment. My BP was 88/54 and everyone was surprised that I was sitting up and talking. They made me wait until they got a reading they liked. They did the strep b test which is probably the only normal thing to happen since I was expecting it. Did find out that I am 1cm dilated but the doctor thinks she is breach since he can't find her head. So I go back next week for my "deluxe" appt which is what they call it when you have the NST, ultrasound and dr. appt all on the same day so that will be a really long appt. If the ultrasound says she is breach we will discuss turning her. Not sure I want to do that, but I really want to avoid a c section if I can. My son was breach when I was 35 weeks and he turned in time hopefully she turns to.

Haven't been feeling the greatest lately having quite a few dizzy spells not sure how you all work till 1 week before due dates. I am trying to do the same but that is still 3 more full weeks after this week at least I get a day off next week (Yeah for Thanksgiving). Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty consistent throughout this pregnancy with my craziness...I haven't had any moments of snapping or being mad or resenting my husband, but I have had plenty of insane neediness moments and bawling for no reason. Sometimes I'll just follow him around the house like a sad puppy because I want to be right next to him - he just laughs and gives me a hug and knows I'm being crazy, and I'll be better if he just focuses on me for a minute. I ALWAYS cry with military commercials, especially which involve kids who are meeting their moms/dads for the first time because they were deployed...I also get really upset very easily when my body isn't doing what I want it to do for this baby. I.e., at the OB yesterday I started crying hysterically because my BP was high and I felt like I wasn't protecting my baby like a mother should - totally normal, right? Makes me feel crazy, but I think we have all experienced the changes to one degree or another. It's not easy, but I think I've been lucky to have an understanding husband - I'm sure he secretly is like "what the hell!?!?" sometimes, but he doesn't let on. He will just say "yayyy I love hormones!" and move on with it. I am only 30 weeks though, so I guess I have 10 more weeks to get even crazier :)

You sound like me!!!! I cry just to cry lol and I have noticed myself following my hubs!! Didn't realize I did it till I ready your post!! Haha!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day! I go in for my c/s at noon. I am so very ready to be able to bend over again. And of course, meet my new baby...

Awww! That's awesome!!! :):)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

YAY! Good luck and speedy recovery to you! :)
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just moving over from the 2nd trimester board. 27 weeks today, so might be a week early depending on what you read, but I am going with 27 weeks! Updated my picture today, love actually looking pregnant this time instead of just fat.
  • Aeriel
    Options
    how u ladies feeling? ? I've been getting random menstrual like cramps. and i totally forgot how that can be.. i started to get "BH" around 28 weeks w previous pregnancies. for some reason I was surprised when I felt them this 3rd time around at 30weeks. Everything feels so new every time. so weird.... counting down less then 55 days to go. woot woot!!!

I didn't notice them until later in my first 2 pregnancies, but started midway through week 26 this time. Hope they don't stay that strong for the next 13 weeks, as my first two pregnancies only had mild BH until the last few weeks.
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Letting everyone know...my dear daughter made her early appearance Sunday night! I started having contractions that I could feel Saturday night about 11. We went to the hospital about 2:30am Sunday, and she was born at 5:30 Sunday night. All is well! She scored 9 on her APGAR test, and was screaming like a mad woman on her way out of me. We are extremely fortunate.

Yesterday was our first night home, and boy was it rough! Little lady wouldn't sleep, and I ended up with only 2 hours of sleep because my husband is wonderful and let me nap during the night. I haven't slept since, but I feel another nap coming on soon.

Good luck to the ladies that are left! I don't know how often I will have time to browse this awesome forum, but I will certainly try!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Letting everyone know...my dear daughter made her early appearance Sunday night! I started having contractions that I could feel Saturday night about 11. We went to the hospital about 2:30am Sunday, and she was born at 5:30 Sunday night. All is well! She scored 9 on her APGAR test, and was screaming like a mad woman on her way out of me. We are extremely fortunate.

Yesterday was our first night home, and boy was it rough! Little lady wouldn't sleep, and I ended up with only 2 hours of sleep because my husband is wonderful and let me nap during the night. I haven't slept since, but I feel another nap coming on soon.

Good luck to the ladies that are left! I don't know how often I will have time to browse this awesome forum, but I will certainly try!

Congratulations!!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Congrats!!! how small was she? I know last time you posted you mention you were 34wks! Glad all is well and she is home with you. I hope you can get some sleep!!
  • ajsdream
    Options

Congrats!!! how small was she? I know last time you posted you mention you were 34wks! Glad all is well and she is home with you. I hope you can get some sleep!!

I was 34 weeks 4 days when she was born. She was not too small...6lbs 3oz!! Everyone was shocked! And of course, someone said, "Maybe they have the conception date wrong." I just had to laugh at that since we did IVF we know exactly what day conception was on. She has lost some weight since birth because she would rather sleep than eat too much, so we are currently working on that issue.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Congrats! Glad you and baby are healthly, hopefully she starts sleeping a little more soon :)
  • blink1021
    Options

Thats great so glad all is well. How big was she? Do we have a name? :laugh:
  • MrsCarter00
    Options

I was 34 weeks 4 days when she was born. She was not too small...6lbs 3oz!! Everyone was shocked! And of course, someone said, "Maybe they have the conception date wrong." I just had to laugh at that since we did IVF we know exactly what day conception was on. She has lost some weight since birth because she would rather sleep than eat too much, so we are currently working on that issue.

Wow congrats!!!!!!! Maybe the rest of the December babies will come a bit early!!! Hahaha a girl can dream :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Oh wow, she was a pretty good size for 34.5wks! My dd was 6#13 at 40wks. I am glad she is doing well and they let you go home so early. My sister had her baby boy around 34wks and he was around 4#9oz and they kept him in the hospital for a few weeks.
  • ajsdream
    Options
    Oh, I left out her name, didn't I? We named her Chloe Marie. She had a name since I was 18 weeks pregnant and knew what she was. She's an angel!

Last night was a much better sleeping night. We just need to find a routine that works for us. Every time I start to feel overwhelmed, I remind myself of all of my friends and family who have done this multiple times.

Thanks for the congrats ladies! This is exactly what we've been waiting on all year! I am so thankful that she was ready to go when she decided she wanted to make her appearance!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Oh, I left out her name, didn't I? We named her Chloe Marie. She had a name since I was 18 weeks pregnant and knew what she was. She's an angel!

Last night was a much better sleeping night. We just need to find a routine that works for us. Every time I start to feel overwhelmed, I remind myself of all of my friends and family who have done this multiple times.

Thanks for the congrats ladies! This is exactly what we've been waiting on all year! I am so thankful that she was ready to go when she decided she wanted to make her appearance!

Chloe Marie is such a beautiful name. Congratulations, again!
  • Aeriel
    Options

Congratulations! Glad all went well!
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all who have had their little ones. I'll be 34weeks on Wednesday and have to say I'm really feeling it this time! Really want to meet my little fella and get my body back!! Hope all of your ladies are having a healthy and happy pregnancy :-) and I Hope the time goes quickly for all of us so our wee ones will be in our arms very soon :-)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Caitlin Drew's birth story... finally :)

I woke up Monday (11/5) around 3 am sick as a dog with horrible upper abdominal pain. I could not get comfortable- sitting, standing, laying, couldn't keep anything down, just basically miserable. I had a 41 wk 2 day ultrasound at noon that I barely made. Baby didn't really move until the last 3 minutes of the appointment- she was practicing breathing and her heartbeat was strong. That was an uncomfortable u/s! Dr. had to go to the hospital before he could talk to me... I cried because my plan was to leave the Dr's office with a plan- an induction date. He wanted me to come back the next day at 9 am. One more day... ugh!

Fast forward to 7:30 pm. I finally fell asleep on the couch but woke up to a strange feeling in my stomach. I got up and started walking around the house. The strange feeling escalated in to contractions. I had DH start timing them and they were coming hot and heavy between 1-4 minutes apart. I talked to my Dr. and he said to go ahead and head in to the hospital.

We check in, I get checked and I'm only dilated to 1.5 cm but my cervix is quite soft. Labored for an hour, rechecked- no progress. The nurse kept telling me the Dr might send me home because this could be early labor... I freaked out a little because I couldn't imagine going through this at home... It hurt SO bad! The Dr. approved a round of NuBane (iv drug) and wanted to check me after another 2 hours. The NuBane was supposed to take the edge off the contractions but did nothing but make me feel like I was loopy. The pain was just as intense. Not fun! During these 2 hours, DH ordered and ate a pizza :) He wasn't allowed to breathe on me because of the smell! Oh also, I never lost my nausea. I was throwing up throughout the whole labor process.

Progress after 3 hours- 2 cm dilated. At this point, Dr. finally let the nurse know I was staying and not being sent home. I was also approved for an epidural at this point. I jumped right on that... I was open to trying this without drugs but took the drugs without hesitation! Oh well! I loved my epidural and will have one again in the future, if we have another child! Anesthesiologist got there an hour later, loaded me up with the epidural and I was virtualy pain free 15 minutes later. So 3 AM and DH and I try to rest/sleep. Dr. shows up at 7 am, walks in, checks my progress (7 cm, yay!) and breaks my water. He said he'll be back when I'm ready to push!

11 am- I'm feeling pressure and think I'm ready to push. Dr. shows up by 11:40 and I start pushing right away. I pushed for 34 minutes and Dr. decided she wasn't coming on her own so I got an episiotomy and she came right out! Dr. had her head and shoulders out and let me pull her out the rest of the way on my own! Such an amazing feeling! I pulled her right up to my chest and immediately fell in love with my baby girl. DH cut the cord after about 10 minutes (waited so long because it was still pulsating and doing it's job- kind of crazy!)

Caitlin Drew was born at 12:16 PM on Tuesday, November 6- Election Day. It was amazing and wonderful!

It's been almost 2 weeks and we're adjusting and trying to find a routine. I'm loving my baby girl and trying to sleep whenever I get the chance haha!