3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like my little lady will be making a really early appearance...

I woke up at 4:30am with some spotting, so I called my midwife. She met me at our clinic at about 8:00. I have a UTI, but she also checked my cervix and I am dilated 4 cm and 80% effaced. So off to the hospital I went for a stress test. I am having contractions, but I can't feel them. I am home now, on bed rest, hoping my water doesn't break. I am 34w4d. I would like her to hold on for another 10 days or so, but my midwife is pretty convinced she'll be here before Thanksgiving. We've done what we can to prepare her - two rounds of steroid shots at 28 weeks and 32/33 weeks. I'm still pretty overwhelmed/nervous/scared.

She will be fine :) I am sure try to hold her in as long as you can. My sister was born at 33 weeks and I was born at 36 weeks and we are both fine. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like my little lady will be making a really early appearance...

I woke up at 4:30am with some spotting, so I called my midwife. She met me at our clinic at about 8:00. I have a UTI, but she also checked my cervix and I am dilated 4 cm and 80% effaced. So off to the hospital I went for a stress test. I am having contractions, but I can't feel them. I am home now, on bed rest, hoping my water doesn't break. I am 34w4d. I would like her to hold on for another 10 days or so, but my midwife is pretty convinced she'll be here before Thanksgiving. We've done what we can to prepare her - two rounds of steroid shots at 28 weeks and 32/33 weeks. I'm still pretty overwhelmed/nervous/scared.

Hope all goes well for you girl!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Moving to the third trimester board. Waiting for my gestational diabetes test, hopefully I don't get a call this week which will mean I don't have it. Wow, never thought I'd make it to my third trimester. It's been awhile, my son is 13 years old, so it's like starting all over!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    how u ladies feeling? ? I've been getting random menstrual like cramps. and i totally forgot how that can be.. i started to get "BH" around 28 weeks w previous pregnancies. for some reason I was surprised when I felt them this 3rd time around at 30weeks. Everything feels so new every time. so weird.... counting down less then 55 days to go. woot woot!!!

same here. I have been getting BH and menstrual like cramps for a while. I slowed down on exercise and since then I haven't had them very often. But I started exercising more again so I guess I will see what happens. lol. With my previous pregnancy I didn't really get BH so this is all new to me. I heard the more pregnancies you have, the more BH you get and they come earlier. I guess its true for me! On a good note, I am getting outta the house for a ladies retreat next weekend. We leave Friday morning and come home Saturday night, which mean no husband and kid for a day. I am pretty excited about that. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family, I just need a break for a day. Especially with a new baby coming and being home 24/7, this is well worth it and needed :))

Awww LUCKY!!!! lol we all LOVE our families. but having a little break is never a bad thing. I know how it is to be home 24/7. We''re trying to plan a little weekend getaway w/out the kids. but it seems impossible to make it happen when we "plan" it. every trip we took without them was very last minute. but fun. hoping something can spontaneously come up so we can have a little "babymoon" before baby is here.
  • mellynat
    Options
    Hello all! Moving to the third trimester board. Waiting for my gestational diabetes test, hopefully I don't get a call this week which will mean I don't have it. Wow, never thought I'd make it to my third trimester. It's been awhile, my son is 13 years old, so it's like starting all over!

welcome!!! :)
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Anybody else getting more emotional in the third trimester. I honestly have been having a really rough time emotionally and am hoping i can blame it all on the pregnancy. All within the past 11 months i have moved in with my boyfriend, which is 2 hours away from my old place meaning i left all my friends and family, got a new job, and became pregnant. I seem to be having a hard time with the move. I honestly dont like the town we live in and am lonely almost all of the time. Since I moved and became pregnant pretty quickly i havent had time to make any friends up here so anytime that my boyfriend goes out with his brothers or friends i am home alone and am extremly lonely. Because of this i have been fighting with him alot. Im kind of feeling that its not fair he can still do everything he wants and i had to give up so much. I havent really liked my job and now downright HATE it. I also have has an issue with getting time off after having the baby. My boss thinks i only need a week off ( There are only 15 employees so FMLA doesnt count here), I am also having a hard time with my inlaws. I am very resentful that my child will grow up around them and the lives that I have a hard time being ok with ( drinking and his brothers are potheads) instead of my friends and family. I have never been like this before so i am really really hoping its just the pregnancy. Please tell me some of you other moms have gone through this???
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I posted this to the October board, but thought I'd give the rest of you ladies the scoop, too!

Finally managed to find a bit of time to write Rose's birth story:

I started having brown discharge around 10pm on Halloween night and had mild contractions that were 8-15 mins apart from about 1am-4am on Nov 1. They went away, but returned around 10am while I was waiting to see my OB/GYN for my weekly appointment. She checked me out, said I was 3cm and baby was at -2, and gave things a stretch (not pleasant). During my drive home the contractions were still mild but started getting a bit stronger and closer together. So I did what any normal woman would do, I went to Starbucks (ha!) and ran an errand at the drug store before going home. Called DH around noon and told him to come home because contractions were regular and getting closer together. Arrived at the hospital at about 3pm, contractions still were not painful but had been 5 mins apart for almost 2 hours. My water was broken some time after 4pm (4cm at this point), and we walked the hall for a bit while my contractions grew a bit stronger (but still not bad. Like a 4/10). Supper was delivered around 5:30 and things REALLY picked up at that point. A few bites into my meal the contractions got pretty strong (7/10) and about 2-3 mins apart. Tried sitting on the stability ball, standing, different chairs, and the pain suddenly increased to 10/10 and contractions were a minute apart, sometimes less. Around 6:30ish I asked for the epidural, and the nurse started scrambling to get the tools ready for the doctor because I was progressing in a way that she thought I was going to pop that baby out any minute. Epidural was in just after 7pm, and after about 10 minutes I was in a numb bliss. Contractions died off (go figure!), so after a while I was given a small dose of Pitocin to speed things up again. Started pushing around 10:30, took a few practice pushes to get going and the amount of time between contractions made the actual delivery take a while. DH was an awesome cheerleader and was facinated with watching the whole thing. The nurse asked if I wanted the mirror so I could see, and despite always thinking it was weird and I'd never want to see what was going on down there, I decided to go for it. I watched for 1 push, and even though it was oddly neat, I had the nurse take it away because it was almost like I could feel pain just from seeing her head pushing through. Doctor arrived at that point, and Rose was born a few minutes later at 11:48pm, weighing 7lbs 12oz and 21.5" long. Ended up with a second degree tear that started up in the birth canal, not just the perineum, and had plenty of bruising in the nether regions. I think Rose was trying to ensure she is an only child with the damage she did (so far it's working!) I'm hoping to join DH and Rose for a short walk tomorrow, as today was the first day I felt like I could walk normally! Breasfeeding was quite a struggle for the first few days and we even opted to stay at the hospital for an extra night to get some more help. Most feeds are pretty smooth now, but still have the odd one that doesn't go so well. The sleep deprivation and hormones have been doing quite the number on me, lots of emotional ups and downs the past few days, but hoping things level out soon! My parents arrive in a few days, so looking forward to seeing them and having the extra help around the house!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Anybody else getting more emotional in the third trimester. I honestly have been having a really rough time emotionally and am hoping i can blame it all on the pregnancy. All within the past 11 months i have moved in with my boyfriend, which is 2 hours away from my old place meaning i left all my friends and family, got a new job, and became pregnant. I seem to be having a hard time with the move. I honestly dont like the town we live in and am lonely almost all of the time. Since I moved and became pregnant pretty quickly i havent had time to make any friends up here so anytime that my boyfriend goes out with his brothers or friends i am home alone and am extremly lonely. Because of this i have been fighting with him alot. Im kind of feeling that its not fair he can still do everything he wants and i had to give up so much. I havent really liked my job and now downright HATE it. I also have has an issue with getting time off after having the baby. My boss thinks i only need a week off ( There are only 15 employees so FMLA doesnt count here), I am also having a hard time with my inlaws. I am very resentful that my child will grow up around them and the lives that I have a hard time being ok with ( drinking and his brothers are potheads) instead of my friends and family. I have never been like this before so i am really really hoping its just the pregnancy. Please tell me some of you other moms have gone through this???

Oh honey, I know exactly how you feel and unfortunately for me those feelings did not go away after my pregnancy. When I had my son I was not married to his father and I was very resentful that he got to do everything that I used to get to participate in I didn't have any friends in the area that were not his friends wives or girlfriends and felt very alone. After our son was born we had this crazy idea to leave the area we were in and move back to his hometown. Stupid right? We have lived here 9 years and all my friends are still his friends wives and girlfriends because I have been too busy with our child. I work with all men so I really have no female contact except when I call my mother or sisters who live 7.5hrs - 12hrs away. Now that I am pregnant again he still thinks he can go out whenever he wants and do whatever he wants and I will be ok sitting at the house alone with the dog and it is very lonely. I do have the company of my son but once he goes to bed its me the dog and the t.v. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one trying to save money and he is spending it. We are now married so there are different responsibilities than before. He is a great father and I understand we do need our alone time I just feel like he gets more alone time out with friends than I do. I understand about the brothers mine has a brother too who doesn't pay rent or a mortgage and can afford all these expensive concerts and can go out all the time and he likes to drag my hubby with him. I am upset that I can't be closer to my family because I know I would have much more support than we get from his family. My husbands mother is already pressuring me about when and where her christening will be. I haven't given birth yet let me do that first. She wants to know if we are coming to the family christmas party which happens to be Dec. 16 this year. My due date is Dec. 15 what do you think? She thinks its crazy that I do not want to bring a newborn to a crowded restaurant in the middle of winter because she won't come to the hospital because she is afraid of elevators. I completely understand and you are not alone. I found myself on friday night crying at a commercial not sure what it was advertising I think it was cell phones but its the one where the dad whose in the militarty surprises his two kids and they are filming it. Not sure why it made me cry but it did and my son thought I was crazy he even told his father which made me feel stupid.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Oh honey, I know exactly how you feel and unfortunately for me those feelings did not go away after my pregnancy. When I had my son I was not married to his father and I was very resentful that he got to do everything that I used to get to participate in I didn't have any friends in the area that were not his friends wives or girlfriends and felt very alone. After our son was born we had this crazy idea to leave the area we were in and move back to his hometown. Stupid right? We have lived here 9 years and all my friends are still his friends wives and girlfriends because I have been too busy with our child. I work with all men so I really have no female contact except when I call my mother or sisters who live 7.5hrs - 12hrs away. Now that I am pregnant again he still thinks he can go out whenever he wants and do whatever he wants and I will be ok sitting at the house alone with the dog and it is very lonely. I do have the company of my son but once he goes to bed its me the dog and the t.v. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one trying to save money and he is spending it. We are now married so there are different responsibilities than before. He is a great father and I understand we do need our alone time I just feel like he gets more alone time out with friends than I do. I understand about the brothers mine has a brother too who doesn't pay rent or a mortgage and can afford all these expensive concerts and can go out all the time and he likes to drag my hubby with him. I am upset that I can't be closer to my family because I know I would have much more support than we get from his family. My husbands mother is already pressuring me about when and where her christening will be. I haven't given birth yet let me do that first. She wants to know if we are coming to the family christmas party which happens to be Dec. 16 this year. My due date is Dec. 15 what do you think? She thinks its crazy that I do not want to bring a newborn to a crowded restaurant in the middle of winter because she won't come to the hospital because she is afraid of elevators. I completely understand and you are not alone. I found myself on friday night crying at a commercial not sure what it was advertising I think it was cell phones but its the one where the dad whose in the militarty surprises his two kids and they are filming it. Not sure why it made me cry but it did and my son thought I was crazy he even told his father which made me feel stupid.
    [/quote]

Ok i am glad to know that I am not alone. I love my boyfriend dearly and really feel like he is my soul mateand he wants to get marries , ( i however will not let him propose while i am pregnant) but i cant help but sometimes feel like i want to leave and move back home. Its so terrible that I feel that but i just miss my friends and family very much and getting time to see hem now is very hard. I work full time then come home clean the house and cook. My family and friends live 2 hours away so getting to see them requres a whole day if not weekend.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Um, yes...I get weepy for no reason at all sometimes. I am no longer able to watch "A Birth Story," because I will be crying harder than the woman who just gave birth to the baby by the end of the show. The most ridiculous time was when my husband, who was putting the car in reverse, accidentally swiped my face when he put his hand on the back of the seat. I snapped, "Why don't you just use the reverse cam for God's sake?!?" then started crying. After about 15 seconds, I was laughing/weeping because it was just so absurd how I was crying over basically nothing. By the way, that's just one example. It's pretty reassuring to know that we're actually supposed to be emotional wrecks, otherwise I would be worried. :-)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I posted this to the October board, but thought I'd give the rest of you ladies the scoop, too!

I started having brown discharge around 10pm on Halloween night and had mild contractions that were 8-15 mins apart from about 1am-4am on Nov 1. They went away, but returned around 10am while I was waiting to see my OB/GYN for my weekly appointment. She checked me out, said I was 3cm and baby was at -2, and gave things a stretch (not pleasant). During my drive home the contractions were still mild but started getting a bit stronger and closer together. So I did what any normal woman would do, I went to Starbucks (ha!) and ran an errand at the drug store before going home. Called DH around noon and told him to come home because contractions were regular and getting closer together. Arrived at the hospital at about 3pm, contractions still were not painful but had been 5 mins apart for almost 2 hours. My water was broken some time after 4pm (4cm at this point), and we walked the hall for a bit while my contractions grew a bit stronger (but still not bad. Like a 4/10). Supper was delivered around 5:30 and things REALLY picked up at that point. A few bites into my meal the contractions got pretty strong (7/10) and about 2-3 mins apart. Tried sitting on the stability ball, standing, different chairs, and the pain suddenly increased to 10/10 and contractions were a minute apart, sometimes less. Around 6:30ish I asked for the epidural, and the nurse started scrambling to get the tools ready for the doctor because I was progressing in a way that she thought I was going to pop that baby out any minute. Epidural was in just after 7pm, and after about 10 minutes I was in a numb bliss. Contractions died off (go figure!), so after a while I was given a small dose of Pitocin to speed things up again. Started pushing around 10:30, took a few practice pushes to get going and the amount of time between contractions made the actual delivery take a while. DH was an awesome cheerleader and was facinated with watching the whole thing. The nurse asked if I wanted the mirror so I could see, and despite always thinking it was weird and I'd never want to see what was going on down there, I decided to go for it. I watched for 1 push, and even though it was oddly neat, I had the nurse take it away because it was almost like I could feel pain just from seeing her head pushing through. Doctor arrived at that point, and Rose was born a few minutes later at 11:48pm, weighing 7lbs 12oz and 21.5" long. Ended up with a second degree tear that started up in the birth canal, not just the perineum, and had plenty of bruising in the nether regions. I think Rose was trying to ensure she is an only child with the damage she did (so far it's working!) I'm hoping to join DH and Rose for a short walk tomorrow, as today was the first day I felt like I could walk normally! Breasfeeding was quite a struggle for the first few days and we even opted to stay at the hospital for an extra night to get some more help. Most feeds are pretty smooth now, but still have the odd one that doesn't go so well. The sleep deprivation and hormones have been doing quite the number on me, lots of emotional ups and downs the past few days, but hoping things level out soon! My parents arrive in a few days, so looking forward to seeing them and having the extra help around the house!

oh wow. quite the birth story. Glad everything ended up going smoothly and she came out after 1 hr of pushing. I had to push for like 3 hours with my DD, I didn't tear, but I am so scared of tearing this time around. 9 more weeks! She was a good size too! Glad its all done and over. Have a speedy recovery!!! Take it easy, and glad to hear you will be having help!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

OMG I am much more hormonal now!! I was pretty easy going in 2nd tri, but now I start crying for no freaken reason and I am much more snappier at my husband. Lol. I blame it on discomfort and being tired.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options

Things that seem to be going on for everyone in the third trimester happened to me in the second...my acne has gotten better, energy level, activity level, eating and exercising habits, I'm wayyyyyyyyy less moody, MORE comfortable, idk I guess I'm just a freak of nature!!!! But I was there with the emotional ups and downs! Super irritated one minute then balling my eyes out the next lol I hope your situation gets better and I hope you can make friends in the town you live in so you won't be so lonely!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options

Amazing :-) so glad everything went well and you're able to bfeed!!!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty consistent throughout this pregnancy with my craziness...I haven't had any moments of snapping or being mad or resenting my husband, but I have had plenty of insane neediness moments and bawling for no reason. Sometimes I'll just follow him around the house like a sad puppy because I want to be right next to him - he just laughs and gives me a hug and knows I'm being crazy, and I'll be better if he just focuses on me for a minute. I ALWAYS cry with military commercials, especially which involve kids who are meeting their moms/dads for the first time because they were deployed...I also get really upset very easily when my body isn't doing what I want it to do for this baby. I.e., at the OB yesterday I started crying hysterically because my BP was high and I felt like I wasn't protecting my baby like a mother should - totally normal, right? Makes me feel crazy, but I think we have all experienced the changes to one degree or another. It's not easy, but I think I've been lucky to have an understanding husband - I'm sure he secretly is like "what the hell!?!?" sometimes, but he doesn't let on. He will just say "yayyy I love hormones!" and move on with it. I am only 30 weeks though, so I guess I have 10 more weeks to get even crazier :)
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day! I go in for my c/s at noon. I am so very ready to be able to bend over again. And of course, meet my new baby...
  • mellynat
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day! I go in for my c/s at noon. I am so very ready to be able to bend over again. And of course, meet my new baby...

yayayayay how exciting!!!! oh how i would love to be able to bend over again. lol Good luck!!!! hope everything goes smooth. Your so lucky u'll be holding ur princess soon!!!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Woohoooo! Can't wait to hear how it all goes and see pics of your new little one :)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Exciting! Let us know how it goes....when you can :)
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Ahhhh!!! So exciting!