Getting to Know ME!

Options
123457»

Replies

• cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina. I am a single mom to an 11 year old boy. His dad has been out of the picture since he was 7 months old, and I'm okay with that!

About 6-7 years ago, I lost about 40 pounds through ELEM- eating less and exercising more. What a concept! I told myself I'd NEVER let myself get back up over 200 again. Fast forward a few years, and not only did I get back up over 200, but I was halfway to 300! On December 31, 2013, I started to ELEM.....again! With the help of a friend (and accountability partner), I have lost about 35 pounds. I am almost back down under 200, but I still have about 40 pounds to go. The MFP app has really helped me keep track of my calories.
  • felicityfancypants
    felicityfancypants Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm Felicity.
    I'm a single mom to 3 beautiful babies. Anja is 7 (8 in about a week or so), and twins Gideon and Alden are 3. <3 They're the loves of my life. I've been a single mom for almost a year now- my kids' dad is in rehab currently and does not have access to the babies. I work full-time as a social media marketing manager for a modeling network. :)
    I've been overweight my whole life. I have diabetes, hbp, anxiety, and depression. I'm 29 but I feel 90. I really want and NEED to get healthy, if not for my babies, but for myself. :)
  • a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom to 3 girls 14, 8 & 6. I was in a very bad car accident on Easter Sunday 2012 and fractured my sternum and severely herniated 2 discs in my neck requiring emergency surgery.

I was extremely fortunate to be alive and not paralyzed from the neck down! I had a tough recovery but had to return to work 6 weeks earlier than suggested because i just couldn't survive without a paycheck. My ex was (and still is) unemployed and was still living with us in our tiny apartment even though we were separated, without any financial contribution or really any participation in our lives. he just slept on the couch 18 hours a day and ate. I just couldn't support all of us anymore so I pushed my recovery and went back to work.

fast forward 2 years and he still isn't working after deciding to become a full time student indefinitely. I separated from him, got my Insurance settlement, paid off my credit cards and bought my first house this past November with no help from him. I moved out of the apt into the new house with the girls the week of Christmas! it has been a rocky road emotionally and financially but I try everyday to pull my self up and not get mired down by him and his issues. I have worked so hard to get them into a better environment that I have completely pushed myself to the side and am just now able to see my way clear to better myself and get things back on track.

I am up most days by 6 and don't get home until 7, then homework, dinner and bedtime. I usually fall asleep on the couch while folding laundry! BUT I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT and wouldn't go back for a million bucks!

I love my kids and am starting to love myself again too... I am so excited to get my life on track and start this new time in my life. I am looking forward to the good the bad and the ugly! BRING IT!

glad I found this group, and hope to make good friends who can help me get my *kitten* moving in the right direction! (insert big grin here)

Loving life.... and I am motivated to make the time I have count! lets go!!!
  • a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    everyone on here is inspiring!!! single Dads don't have it easy either... that's for sure!
  • Rachel_Virginia_
    Rachel_Virginia_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well. Im new here :)
    I have a 16 month old son at home, and i stay home with him M-F.
    I was in the best shape of my life 113 and size 2 when i found out I was pregnant.
    I gained 70 plus pounds during my pregnancy.
    My start weight was 171, I was obese.
    Horrible.
    But ive recently met my first goal which was to not have an obese BMI.
    And I'm ready to keep going until I hate my final goal :)
    Anyways, glad to find a single parent group!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Darin. Sorta newly-single Dad. The dad part is cake - really easy. My daughter will be 15 in june and my son is 12. The single part is taking adjustment. Just getting to enjoy it - after months of feeling weird.

:)
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Rachel_Virgin & DetroitDarin Welcome guys :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello New on here, I am a single mom to an 11 year old boy. Been doing it on my own for the entire time. I have the best family though they have really helped me out and been there though it all. Good luck to everyone on your weight lose journey! If you want to add me as a friend please do I love having the support system on here!
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am a 36 year old single Mama to an amazing 4 year old little girl. I am actually really excited about this time in my life, because I am divorced out of a marriage that was not good for me, and no longer married to a person that could only think of themselves. I am so happy to be free of that burden and able to move along with my life, and have fun.

Not surprisingly.... after losing the burden of that relationship, I also started to lose the burden of the extra weight I carried and was able to think about my own mind, body and spirit. I am not even half way to where Id like to be physically... but I am super proud of the progress I have made.

I love in the mid-east, and would love to connect to other single parents who are also caring for themselves - mind, body and soul :)
  • sarahhkirkpatrick
    sarahhkirkpatrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Sarahh! First time mom to my beautiful daughter Madelyn, she turns 1 in three days. There are pros and cons of being a single mom, & I feel at times it sucks because none of my friends are in the same situation as me and will never be able to relate to me, when I ask for advice it's like they don't have any because we don't share the same situations. I work out in my spare time, (2 days a week)
  • akavisa
    akavisa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Single mom of an 18 yr old boy and almost 5 yr old boy. I work part time at the little's school as the after school/summer camp director. I also am a business owner. Got a vivofit for Christmas and have decided to take a look into our eating habits. Both my oldest and I struggle with depression and an eating disorder and the little is an EXTREMELY picky eater.
    I lost my left kidney to cancer almost 4 years ago. I figure at 41 I need to take better care of myself for my kid's sake.