Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I let a friend borrow my NR book and am supposed to start stage 2 soon. Hopefully she returns it!! Tonight I think I will go to zumba (anyone who hasn't tried it really should...uncoordinated or not. It's a fun workout.)
    I walked with my family last night for about an hour uphill...my kids complained the whole time, but my mission was to wear them out and it worked;)
    Everyone have a fantabulous day!!!:)
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options

OMG THANK YOU! :heart:

Tarts, after doing Stage 3 A1 yesterday, I'm pretty sure it's just going to crush me for the next few weeks :laugh:

Regarding PMS, mine is different every month. Sometimes, I don't notice it at all and don't gain any weight. Sometimes, I get emotional and bloated an entire week early before my start date. Like, this month :sick:
  • ilovekc2
    ilovekc2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    do you guys do the protein shakes like it recommends? what brand do you buy? I have been thinking about purchasing some protein and also Quest bars.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Stages 2-5 can be tough...I'm SOOO looking forward to it lol.

I tried to go to Zumba tonight. The instructor was 30 minutes late due to flooding. I almost didn't make it TO the gym myself. Some how my tiny little car made it through the lake at the main intersection. It's a shame too because it was an instructor I haven't worked with (Because I NEVER workout on Thursdays) and she was pretty good.

PMS in my house usually involves chocolate binging and lots of SCREAMING!

Maniac, DOMS suck but hurray for squats. Hope you made out well at the eye doctor.
  • samntha14
    Options
    do you guys do the protein shakes like it recommends? what brand do you buy? I have been thinking about purchasing some protein and also Quest bars.

Protein is big for me. I shoot for 120 grams a day. I MUST have a shake after lifting. But I'm not picky. I'll buy whatever whey based protein is on sale :laugh: And I LOVE my protein bars. I stay full for along time after eating. My store actually sells a generic brand that has 21g of protein. My favorites are the Zone, CLiff Builders bars and EAS bars. Supper yummy. Whenever they are on sale (less than a $1 each) I seriously stock up.
  • BreMurie
    BreMurie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is one of my instructors. she has a you tube channel. She isn't over complicated as some people can be. And she's definitely a personality :)http://www.youtube.com/user/tinazumbaqueen?feature=watch

I wish Anniely did this because she is by far the BEST.

Thank you :)
  • karenckohl
    karenckohl Posts: 6 Member
    Options

LOVE Quest bars!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I watched a few of her videos. I would be the clueless person in the back . :huh: OR passed out on the floor. :laugh:

All went well at Ophthalmologist.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I bought my first Quest bar today. I'll eat it tomorrow. I also got an Oh Yeah! bar. I love those.
  • samntha14
    Options
    My exercise today was riding my bike to the auto parts store because some *kitten* stole the wheel off my car this morning. They even took the damn lug nuts so I couldn't put on my spare.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    My exercise today was riding my bike to the auto parts store because some *kitten* stole the wheel off my car this morning. They even took the damn lug nuts so I couldn't put on my spare.
    :noway:
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I ate my first Quest bar. Peanut butter and chocolate. I don't get it. :sick:
  • samntha14
    Options
    :explode: Very stressed and unhappy. A big-*kitten* chocolate milk shake from sonic may be in order and damn the consequences. Three hours later and I'm not nearly done. Good thing my over-time pay posted today. Then again I've been sitting here for an hour feeling sorry for myself, because I had to have some family BS heaped on the top of the pile while dealing with everything else. What the hell did I do to screw up my karma. I like to think I'm a pretty nice person (swearing aside)
  • samntha14
    Options
    OK maybe the 880 calories weren't worth it.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Runz, if you like cocoanut, the all natural coconut almond is out of this word!!

Sam hunni, I am so sorry the world is full of *kitten*. As I said earlier, may the KARMA bus run the ****wad over!

I am FINISHED with NROL4W Did my last Stage 7 workout yesterday. I could tell I haven't worked out rlifted these past 2 weeks, but all in all not the a bad workout.

I have taken my measurements but of course don't have them here. I'll post them when I get back from Maine on either Sunday night or Monday. My trouble spots still are my trouble spots but even without losing inches there, I know that instead of as much fat I now have some muscle and that's only going to improve. What I do remember is that I lost 2 full inches in my hips and that makes me happy.

I'm out of pocket this weekend. I doubt I"ll be doing any lifting unless my sister and I workout together at her house. Certainly will get in some walking though.

I'm way behind on reading the thread, work has simply exploded again! No end in site either! But I'm still here!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Congratulations Sue!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Sue, two inches off the hips is amazeballs! If I finish Stage 7 minus 2 inches, I'll be happy as a clam.

I skipped my workout today :embarassed: I was in such a blah mood. I've been really good lately so I deserve a break, right? My macros are beautiful today and I really really really want another cocktail. I should probably just do it so Sam won't feel so alone? Right? :drinker:
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    lost 2.2 lbs...

I'm happy about that..it's about right for what I've been doing...it's fat..there is less to pinch on my belly :)

30 days until school starts and i can start the workout at the gym..but who is counting?

Hope you're all well..just checking in :)

Breeze
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I'm still thinking about that cocktail.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Runz, no coctail! Sam is regretting her indulgence from her previous post unless she changed her mind.

SueBoo! TWO INCHES! awesome!

Breeze, 2.2 pounds congratulations.

I have this tight knot in the bend of my right knee. When I bend my knee it stings. I can't feel or see anything back there. A tight muscle? What can I do for it?