Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Dawn - nice workout.

Dna- I sympathize with you/ I have an 11 yo as well- sometimes she is trying (and I am short on patience.)
    For myself I don't need bubble wrap just common sense(although the family might go for the bubble wrap-they know me-they still wanted to bike ) I am considering a sensory deprivation immersion tank the next time I get a winter stircraziness.
    My leg was pretty stiff and then worse when the ibuprofen wore off. No lifting until Thursday and if I'm still sore I will see a dr. For some reason I am optimistic that it will heal and maybe a short break will help my shoulder as well.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!

Julie and Ali, thanks for the compliment! Julie, that is my boyfriend/hopefully future husband. :smiley:

Jamaica and BBC, thanks for the advice re: where to go next. I'm going to pick up Supercharged as I did enjoy 4W and would love to stick with the NR programs. Jamaica, I've been cleaning up my diet tons and one of these days I might even start logging them again. I just get frustrated when I make a dish and have to add in all the ingredients. It's hard to guess how many calories were consumed, you know?

Good luck, beeps!

pmag, I hope you're able to heal without any intervention.

dna, those muffins look amazing.

Bennett and Dawn, great numbers!

I skipped the gym again yesterday. I've been a total slacker. But I'll be back tomorrow. Ali, I enjoyed Workout 2 better than 1 of Stage 7. At least with WO3, I get to do some deadlifts!
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Pmag, I hope its not serious and you feel better soon. I've done silly things like that with the kids too. We used to have one of those really big balls that the kids roll around in and the height limit is 5ft (yep that me) and the weight limit was 150 (no problem) so what do I do? I rolled down the stairs in it, with my son when he was 2 ( I went first alone to make sure it was safeish) My BF (the adult in the house) thought I was nuts and my mom yelled at me. Sometimes its hard to grow up ;)

Dawn you are killing the workouts, keep up the good work.

Dna, sorry for your crap mood, I my oldest is 11.5 too, and there are days that I feel like I'm going to hurt him if I see those eyes roll at me one more time. And the attitude I got last night for telling him to brush his teeth then asking if there was something wrong because he gave me attitude. I hope its the age and my sweet little boy will come back one day but I'm not holding my breath lol.

I finally feel like I'm getting back on track with my workouts. I did my cardio and 3rd workout for stage 7 yesterday. I expected my legs to be sore but oddly its my shoulders that are.

Beeps you're still doing great keep going :D

I got my final paperwork done for my new job, all the drug tests & background checks are good & clear ( of course) and my new boss call and told me to come in at 8 am Monday. I'm so excited and nervous to start. My leaving the company has prompt my boss to pull her head out of her butt and she is afraid of my BF leaving as well ( he as applications out too) so she offered my job to him with a Lead title (which I should have had) and a lot more money (which I also should have had). I was really angry & hurt at first but overall I'm happy to leave this company and now we'll be able to take vacations together and we both have bigger pay checks soon. I'm very optimistic about this year, looks like things are turning around finally :D<3:D
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks.

Today I just did the Les Mills Grit Strength class at the gym. I've gone a few times but we're on a new routine now so it was different. Also got some tips on rows as I've always struggled with that lift, so that is a bonus. 30 minutes strength class followed by over 30 minutes on the treadmill. Now I can rest before I have to get ready for work.

Ali - congrats on the job. Frustrating for sure with how things fall sometimes but nice to that it works out for your favor in the end.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Hey all, arrived here in QLD for our hols. Off to Sea World today.... hoping the walking is enough of a workout for me :-)

Pmag - hope you're ok. I pulled my injury yesterday getting in the car (grumble). Being injured is no fun!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it up here Jo :) Be kind to us today - anyone on an Optus phone using the alarm function got woken an hour early due to a glitch switching us all to Sydney time... 4am instead of 5am isn't much fun ;)

Freaking tired lol But I'm going to do my workout now (instead of my usual 5am). I think my poor brain is a little less confused now :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I am going to start my new job Monday....means less time at mfp, for sure.

They have a gym at the office, though, so I will keep up with my four-day splits.

I am now down 2 lbs since Jan 2. Like.

I did my max-strength group class today. Tomorrow is squat day (which means WHT day for me!). BOOM!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Good luck at the new job Beeps and Ali.

Did a kettlebell class today and will probably make it part of the routine. Got some ab work in beforehand as well. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Good updates here ladies!

Dawn-you're a beast! Great lifting!

Love-you're a handsome couple for sure! :) aw, love <3

Ali and Beeps-good luck Monday on the new jobs!!

Ali-I'd have mixed feelings about your old job, but the bright side sure is bright!

Pmag-hope you're healing and resting well!

DNA-love your posts - always make me smile :) cocoa and bed sounds good to me!!

I'm in the 11.5 y.o. Club. :) she's a dream compared to my 14 y.o. Just wait! When the hormones fully kick in it's even more fun! :neutral_face:

Jane- kettlebell class sounds good.

I'm liking the new LA Fitness they're opening nearby. I think they'll be the new gym :). Won't open til March, but it'll be fun to have a new gym with all new squat racks, a cage...getting excited :).

Gonna lift tomorrow morning! My mom is in the hospital and it's been a long stressful day :( no end in sight...sigh. Lifting will be a good reprieve!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Ali and Beeps, good luck on the new jobs!

Ali, I had that happen to me at my last job. I was SO burnt out and I tried talking to my partner (who was the only reason why I stayed as long as I did!) about easing my workload. VERY little changes were made and I said enough is enough and put my resume out there. Of course, after I put in my notice, then he wanted to try to make even more changes. I told him, sorry, but if you can't raise my salary by 5k then I'm gone. I love my current job - it is WAY more laid back. I understand the feeling of your soon-to-be former job making moves. But YAY for vacations together and more money for the both of you! Happy 2015!

No gym again today. The snow started to come down right before I was going to go out and I didn't want to risk the roads being messy. I am very afraid of driving in snow and ice - sometimes to the point where it's crippling. It's something I really need to get over for sure.

Julie, I hope all is okay with your mom! Prayers for her.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Thanks Love!

My mom was admitted to the hospital last night with a very resistant UTI and poor kidney function :(. Sadly it's not the first time this has happened...but she's doing better today and in good spirits. :) hope she'll be able to go home soon and will be strong enough to live on her own. She usually needs a caregiver when she's first home, but I can't be that person. It becomes very demanding.

But, I hit the gym and got my workout in. Still doing SL with other stuff thrown in. Overhead press fail at 50lbs! :( pathetic!! I was really hungry (waiting to eat until after) so I hope that was part of it. Squats and DLs were good! Did ab work and glute bridges afterwards. :) still not sure I'll stick with SL. My upper body strength won't improve quickly enough for it to stay interesting I think. Bench and press are weak :(. Love bent over rows though :).
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Julie - Thanks for the comment. I hope your mom gets better soon. Lifting can be a nice reprieve but that pesky OHP. I've failed twice on it, and not sure how tomorrow till go. Eating can be helpful at times with some lifts from what I've seen posted. I'm still figuring out the row but bench and press seem the hardest to keep making progress on and I haven't even made it to 12 weeks on the program yet.

Tonight was just cardio on treadmill. Tomorrow I will lift with coworker at her gym.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mom Julie. I hope she recovers soon. And a squat rack? How exciting! My gym has nothing like that.

Beeps, yay on getting the job! Plus you're doing great on the weight loss. Keep going!

love, I used to be anal about weighing/measuring EVERY ingredient and logging it all. Now that I'm married though, my husband does most of the cooking so most of the time I have no idea how much of anything he uses. So now I just search the database for something someone already entered that looks reasonable and use it. Of course it's much less accurate that way, but takes a lot of pressure off me.

pmag, I hope you're feeling better.

So yesterday, for the first time since the start of the year, the gym was packed. Ugh! Good thing everyone was either doing cardio or doing upper body. It was my lower body day so I didn't have to wait very long on equipment, but still. I hope today is better.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Julie - sorry to read about your mom. Glad to read you kept your appt with yourself at the gym. BOOM!

jamaican - please let us know how the "not logging" works for you. For me, if I stop (accurately and completely) logging, I eat too much.

I missed my gym yesterday, so have to try and squish in two workouts today. Squats + bench. Yikes! But also - BOOM!
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Julie, hope your mom feels better soon.

Beeps, congrats of the new job!!

I had a NSV today, I've got an old pair of size 4 jeans on. In the past year I may have only lost about 6-7lbs ( which sounds pathetic) but I've gone from wearing a size 10-12 to the 4's I have one today. I've also learned not to rely on the scale so much, it lies. I used to not exercise at all to several times a week of cardio and lifting. I like the changes that I can see and it doesn't hurt the occasional message from some random guy on here to tell my that I look good and to keep up the good work. (except from that one guy who said he wanted to smell my armpits, that was just weird lol). I'm feeling rather proud of myself today and hope I can continue the hard work through the changes that are going to happen with my new job.

You guys are awesome, keep lifting heavy :D (*)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Way to go Ali!! And congrats to you and Beeps and the new jobs. Exciting things in the new year.
    Julie, I hope your mom recovers quick.

So Tuesday my mom invited the boys and I to dinner. I cancelled a date on her and wanted to accept though it meant missing the gym. WE had a great time, and I ate well with lots left over for lunch the next day. Anyway...I did a workout at home. It sucked, but I got it done. felt very week and the reps and weights were nowhere near what they should have been. Not sure why though. Then last night I stayed on schedule and did a Zumba class. That felt like *kitten* too. Then today I had NUMEROUS people stop me at work to tell my how tired/sad/upset I looked. I.E I look like cr@p. I'm getting on track with y workouts, but I still to get back on track with my food and rest. :neutral_face:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sam are you stressed or just needing more sleep?
    It's hard to keep up with this thread- nice to see some good workouts- dawn you are kicking it.
    Nice NSv ali 5 lbs is a lot!!
    Beeps good luck on Monday
    I am 90% better - thanks for the well wishes. I lifted bench light at 55 5 x 10, incline bench db 15 lb 5 x 10, seated rows 50lb x 10 then 40x 5 repeat x 3 and tricep pull downs 40 4x 10 -- 'my shoulder feels good so should be getting better. At times I felt it was stronger than my left -- which I felt was a sign of improvements.
    Hanging out with my brother and sister in law as well as cousins this weekend- skiing.
  • DawnEmbers
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sleep and food are indeed helpful. I got a bit sluggish after working too many days in a row while getting to the gym often. Today was my only day off this week but it's not so bad as before. Had an off day at the gym but ended feeling pretty well despite a couple of struggles. Squat area was busy so I did SL out of order, but unlike what the guy says, there is no fear of me skipping on squats because I like those.

Workout B in exact order performed

OHP - 5x5 @ 60 lb fixed bar so I had to clean it to do the lift. Had one shaky middle set where I struggled to get into position but think I'll be able to do 65 next time I can do it with the regular bar.

Leg Press - 3x8 @ 160 - Lazy on the math so I just put the 35's on instead of figuring out which plates I'd need to do 150. It actually wasn't too bad though I tried to rush at the end when the squat rack was free but my right knee calmed that down quick.

Squat - warm up a couple light reps with low bar, then 140 again 5x5 with high bar since I've done that this whole time and am more comfortable there. It's still tough but I'm going to try 145 next time.

Deadlift - warm up set at 135 then one set at 175. Mixed grip is a bit awkward at first since I didn't use it before on full sets but it wasn't too bad.

30 minutes walk on treadmill to end it. Then had to stop at store on my way home because was thirsty. Next time I won't be forgetting water when I go to the gym.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Hey all, nice to check in and see you all still at it. I'm still worn out - had a chill out day to recover from yesterday's theme park marathon. Good news - I miss lifting and thus haven't lost my desire. Bad news? Still feeling overly tired and my legs feel knackered. Yes, lots of walking has been done. But this is me - I work out a lot. My legs shouldn't feel this bad. Rather than my injury (which still tweaks at times), my whole upper leg (both) feel kind of inflamed - it's a strange feeling. I have booked a doc appt for when I get home - if I still feel bad then I can get some bloods done. I already have one autoimmune issue and these vague symptoms could be related. Or I could be anaemic again. Either way, it needs fixing. Fed up with 2015 being on hold already!!

dna - thankfully I'm on Think (Vodafone). I heard about that alarm issue - yuk! You poor thing!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jo_m, glad to read you will see a doctor....you DO workout a ton, so symptoms DO sound weird.

Dawn and pmagnan -great workouts....have fun skiing, pmag!

samntha - i bet it is all sleep related. Get more sleep!

Ali -great whittling down of sizes. Wow!

Today is deadlift day, for me. Kidlet activities all weekend. Hubby returns from biz trip tonight. Oh, and I am down 3lbs from january 2, so I am right on track with my january challenge!

BOOM!