Introduction for New Members

Options

Replies

• clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hello *waves*

I'm Claire and I'm 20. I live in the UK. I can't remember the last time I felt good about myself when I looked in the mirror.
    I work as a secretary so I'm sat down most of the day but I do walk a mile to get to work and a mile back so I do some light exercise daily :smile:

I'm currently 152lbs, I started at 162lbs and would like to be about 130lbs but I'm not too bothered about the weight - more about the measurements! And the feeling good part.

MY BMR is around 1515 and my TDEE is 2080 so I've set my calorie goal as 1768 (15% of TDEE) whereas my goal before was 1350. So a bit of an increase! :ohwell:

My boyfriend's sister is getting married in September and the hen-do is the end of July on the beach, so I'm hoping to look slimmer for that.

So that's me, here goes nothing! Feel free to add me as a friend - I feel I may need some support with this!

Nice to meet you all :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hello All i just joined a few minutes ago and havent had a chance to read all of the posts..... here is my stats... BMR 1470, TDEE 2279 and the -15% amount is 1937...... so the question is do i set my calories to the 1937 in MFP?
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hello All i just joined a few minutes ago and havent had a chance to read all of the posts..... here is my stats... BMR 1470, TDEE 2279 and the -15% amount is 1937...... so the question is do i set my calories to the 1937 in MFP?

I also wanted to add, i lost all of my weight so far over 9 months ago and i have been setting at a plateau since then, i bumped my calories up to 1500 about two months ago and am still at the same weight. i am 5 ft 4 and weigh 160 age 39

I use a HRM each time i work out..
    Monday Body Pump class at the gym (1 hour ) avg calories 350
    Wednesday Body Combat (1 hour) ave calories 626
    Thursday Body Pump ( 1 hour ) calories 350
    Saturday Personal Trainer ( 1 hour ) ave calories 503

Sometimes i pick up a zumba class on Tuesdays and Fridays but i am not consistant with those days.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    *lurker steps out of the dark background*

I'm 55 and have been a yo-yo dieter most of my life, always opting for the newest "diet of the year".
    My highest weight was 220 pounds, and it wasn't pretty~
    As you can see, I've been on MFP for 2 years now. I lost 75 pounds in the first year. Last year I had a small accident that totally messed up my brain (slight concussion), back, and pelvis. I gained back 40. I had been following the basic 1200 calorie that MFP so easily sets for people trying to loose 2 pounds a week.
    So I've been checking out this group since the beginning of April, and upped my cals to 1350 and eating my exercise cals back. Doesn't seem like a lot, but for me it seemed like a huge start(averaging 1500 a day)...lol

I've decided to do the metabolism reset for at least 8 weeks (longer if necessary).

I'm not sure if I need to put my activity level at Light or Moderate. I have a basic desk job 12 hour shift x 3 shift a week. I walk 4-6 times a week at 5 mph for 30-60 min/day (cutting this down to 30 min/day) plus walking the dog at 3.5 mph daily 25-50 min. Also doing the 30 day shred 3x week.
    I currently don't have a HRM (getting a BodyMedia Core in June), so my calorie burn is based on MFP calculations. I will be starting either Strong Lifts or NROLFW when I finish 30DS and get the BodyMedia (end of June).

I'm 5'5'' and 175 lbs, Fat2Fit puts me at LBM=117 and BF%=33.5.
    Scooby's site has Moderate activity BMR=1520 & TDEE=2350, Light activity BMR=1510 & TDEE=2080.

So Ladies and Gents, any thoughts of which set of numbers I should be using for my goal?
    Sorry for the ramble. Any input from those of you who have done the reset is greatly appreciated, as I trust your judgement.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new..duh! I'm 43 years old. I've known about MFP for a while. Didn't start taking the whole eating process seriously until 185 days ago. Managed to lose a few inches doing it "my way" but now I'm stuck, gaining and losing the same three darn pounds. Upped my cals a bit and ate them back but just NOW realizing even upping them a bit I was still eating well below my BMR. Soooo here I am. I guess I should note or maybe I shouldn't that I have some medical challenges (Lupus, Necrosis in my joints and some other stuff) but where I'm weak in the body I'm STRONG in the Spirit and Doubly (word?) stubborn in my efforts.

My stats:

Age 43
    Height 5'7
    SW Before MFP: 194
    SW on MFP: Hmmm around 185ish
    CW: 180.2
    GW 164ish

Edited to add:

BMR: 1545
    TDEE: 2395
    15% cut: 2036

I try to get at LEAST 30 minutes of cardio a day 6 days a week: Elliptical, Turbo Fire, Parts of Insanity (depending on what my body dictates it can handle). Did Chalean Extreme for Strength, stopped at Lean phase due to joint pain. Need to incorporate resistance band workout for strength as soon as cleared by docs.

Thanks for having me.
  • saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy reading all the success stories in the EM2WL group. I started the program Saturday, and have gained 3 pounds in 5 days. But knowing that eventually the gaining WILL end, and that I will lose weight in a healthy, sustainable manner keeps me going.

SW 167
    GW 145
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tawndra from the Washington, DC area. I have reached a stubborn plateau and I'm gaining weight (up 5 lbs). I know I'm not eating enough b/c I am always hungry so I am trying this group and technique out and from reading it makes so much sense. I am working on my patience so that I won't get discouraged, I know this is a slow process and I will succeed.

Info:
    Height: 5'2
    Current Weight: 221
    Highest Weight: 278
    2012 MFP Starting Weight: 256
    Goal Weight (July Fam Reunion): 198
    Goal Weight (Birthday - September): 178
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Hi! A friend just sent me here after I broke down about a terrible plateau. I joined Feb 2011 and have lost 43 here to date. I pretty much took "off for the holidays" and gained back about 15lbs. I lost that pretty easily after getting back on track in March. Now, the end of May, I have chosen MUCH better eating habits. Low carbs (i have PCOS), only whole grains, lots of protein and veggies and dairy. I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day. I have gone from exercise once a week to about 5 days a week and started strentgh training at home. MFP had me at 1360 and I usually ate back my calories. I've been going between 223 and 229 for 8 weeks now!!!

My current stats: 5'9" 223lbs, TDEE of 2511 and BMR of 1835 and

I'm really hoping this helps. I had a goal of one-derland last New Years and I would love to hit my goal of 180 by this new years. Also, going from a 16/18 pant to a 12 would be amazing!!!

Anyone who is knowledgeable with this process, PLEASE add me. I will need lots of guidance getting started.

Thanks!!!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi! A friend just sent me here after I broke down about a terrible plateau. I joined Feb 2011 and have lost 43 here to date. I pretty much took "off for the holidays" and gained back about 15lbs. I lost that pretty easily after getting back on track in March. Now, the end of May, I have chosen MUCH better eating habits. Low carbs (i have PCOS), only whole grains, lots of protein and veggies and dairy. I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day. I have gone from exercise once a week to about 5 days a week and started strentgh training at home. MFP had me at 1360 and I usually ate back my calories. I've been going between 223 and 229 for 8 weeks now!!!

My current stats: 5'9" 223lbs, TDEE of 2511 and BMR of 1835 and

I'm really hoping this helps. I had a goal of one-derland last New Years and I would love to hit my goal of 180 by this new years. Also, going from a 16/18 pant to a 12 would be amazing!!!

Anyone who is knowledgeable with this process, PLEASE add me. I will need lots of guidance getting started.

Thanks!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    Hi. I'm Mas from Malaysia and I've been trying to eat around 1600 cal but I always overshoot on my nonworkout days.

Yesterday I've started EMWL with a lot of anxiousness.

BMR - 1615
    TDEE - 2503
    Daily calories @ 20% cut - 2002

Never eaten this much before so I'll be happy to have friends who have just started as well.
  • Fairieluv77
    Fairieluv77 Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi, My name is Angie and I joined this group last week and really started with the higher calories this week. I've been trying to lose the same 20 - 30 pounds my entire adult life and always wondered why it wouldn't budge no matter how much I worked out or how little I ate. After reading about this group it finally makes sense! Hoping to finally see some results.

BMR 1605
    TDEE 2211
    15% cut 1879

It's amazing! I can actually have peanut butter and cheese in the same day along with my regular meals! :)
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Not new to MFP, but new to EMTWL. I've lost 40 pounds so far eating around 1300 calories, but I've been stuck for almost 6 months now.

I was HUNGRY, TIRED and CRANKY all the time, and couldn't concentrated at all at work! Losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds for months... Something had to be done!

So this is it for me!

Can't wait to get rid of those last 20 pounds!

Feel free to add me if this rings a bell... :flowerforyou:
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi! I keep seeing posts about this group in the forums so I finally decided to give it a try. I lost my first 50 pounds eating 1200-1300 calories and doing intense exercise. I fell off the wagon after months of hard work and gained some weight back because eating that little is no longer sustainable for me. I've been back at the weight loss for a month now and I figured I'd try losing the last 50 lbs by eating more and doing better quality exercise to build strength and agility.

My stats are:

Age 33
    Height 5'10"
    BMR 1577
    TDEE 2930
    TDEE - 15% 2490

I am still not brave enough to eat my TDEE-15 though. I think I have some major metabolic damage from past eating habits including severe calorie restriction and even obesity so I am going to slowly work my way there.
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :smile: I'm a 38 year old SAHM of 4 boys. I have been here at MFP since late March but started working out consistently in January. When I first got to MFP it had me at around 1400 calories a day and then I would eat back my exercise calories (but not all). Last Monday (the 14th) I changed my calories to 1800 and I don't eat back my exercise calories now.

According to the Scooby website, here are my numbers:

BMR 1450
    TDEE 2248
    TDEE - 15% 1910

These numbers are fairly close to the ones I got from the fat2fitradio site earlier. I have a fitbit and my daily average burn is about 2300 calories.

Height: 5'5"
    SW: 175 (Jan. 1)
    Weight when I joined MFP: 170 (end of March)
    CW: 154.4
    GW: 135

I haven't lost in about a week and a half (I weigh myself every morning) but I haven't gained either. Before I changed my calorie information, there were some days I was netting below my BMR but not by much.

I look forward to learning a lot from this group!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Jackie, 33 years old & I've been here on MFP for almost one year. Currently I'm working on lowering my body fat percentage, I just had it checked & said that it is at 21%, up from 19.5% & definitely I want to lower it down to 17%. So right now I'm in cutting phase & eat 200 cals below my maintenance.

BMR 1303 (Katch-Mc Ardle)
    BMR: 1313 (Harris Benedict)
    TDEE 2035
    Height: 5'2'
    Weight: 120lbs.
  • heartpdx
    heartpdx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am soon to be 35, female, with an active husband and about seventy pounds to lose.

I started my journey last March cutting out my high sodium low nutrition habits. It took some roller coaster exercise habits before I finally decided to join a gym in November.

With the guidance of my trainer/nutritionist, I have been able to lose over 20 inches. But, frustratingly, I wasn't losing pounds.

The lightbulb finally went off above my head.

I was working out 4-6 times a week burning an average 600 calories. But as a long term dieter, and as the result of some starvation/binge habits picked up during some rough economic times, I somehow thought eating around 1200 calories was "what I was supposed to be doing."

After a hiatus from MFP, I came back this week wanting to take another hard look at my diet/nutrition. I knew I was eating the right things now.

Unfortunately, I haven't been eating enough.

I found a forum that referenced this group and joined. I read up (again) on BMR, TDEE and then sent out a white flag to my trainer/nutritionist (who for months had been telling me my diet was probably the key to weight loss).

She was appalled that I was trying to eat at 1200. I was shocked that my BMR was 1700+. With a typical workout, that means I have been eating on average 1000 calories under what my body needs just to go about its business.

Like so many other hard lessons I have learned, after years and years of struggling with weight, I am just thrilled this one can be shared with a group who, essentially, has helped me "see the light" just by being around.

So thank you!
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new here to this group. I am a little confused on how to figure out my TDEE and BMR. My problem is this. I have three jobs.

#1 Job I am a EMT and work 48 hour shifts. On these days I get limited exercise except maybe some walking. Some shifts are very busy while others are sit on the couch days. I do this job 11 days a month.

#2 Job I am a Medical Assistant in a rural clinic for 8 hours a day for anywhere between 5-10 days a month. Again can be very busy or very slow. However there is a set of stairs that I do walk if slow and on these days I usually get in a 30 min walk, 15 min bike ride and about 30 min of cardio.

#3 Job- I am a waitress at a small restaurant. Again a lot of walking. On these days I get about the same exercise as job #2.

On days that I have off I usually do 30 min cardio.

By cardio I mean elliptical, treadmill, WII fit.

I do have a fitbit and also a HRM.

I am female
    43 years old

SW-166 Pounds
    GW-120 Pounds

Can someone help me with the numbers? And if I understand correctly I eat my TDEE and never eat your exercise calories back.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think my numbers are here.....

BMR 1466 calories.

TDEE- 2009

Scooby Website says

BMR-1461

TDEE-2009

15%-1707
    20%-1607
    25%-1506
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think my numbers are here.....

BMR 1466 calories.

TDEE- 2009

Scooby Website says

BMR-1461

TDEE-2009

15%-1707
    20%-1607
    25%-1506

Try the 15%cut. I have a feeling you are more moderate. If you bounce around a couple lbs sort of holding you will need to go up in Cals. Give it 6wks and be consistent. Is there any way you can start a lift program?
  • xandraworld
    xandraworld Posts: 11
    Options
    Ok, here goes.
    I'm 16 years old, 5'6" and weigh 143 as of this morning. My goal is to weigh 110 again, where I feel like I looked my best (I am small-boned). Previously, I was trying to lose the weight through extreme calorie restriction and sometimes even fasting. This led to uncontrollable binges a few times a week, and it resulted in me gaining weight. About 10-15 lbs. to be exact.

I'm very scared to do this, so if anyone would like to message me, that would be great.