Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    ...yesterday...
    played waaaay too much Borderlands 2 and futzed with getting podcasts on my phone.

...today...
    this: http://majornelson.com/2012/10/10/claptrap-audio-files-from-the-original-borderlands/ going on said phoine tonight.
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had to explain to my 8 year old niece that my Andy Warhol inspired Albert Einstein teeshirt was not Willy Wonka.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I had to explain to my 8 year old niece that my Andy Warhol inspired Albert Einstein teeshirt was not Willy Wonka.

Reading from my desk at work. Trying not to giggle and draw attention to myself and the fact that there's actually nothing funny about data entry. That's extremely amusing.
  • Ajasper83
    Options

Reading from my desk at work. Trying not to giggle and draw attention to myself and the fact that there's actually nothing funny about data entry. That's extremely amusing.

I have the same problem. I am a social worker and I would look totally morbid if I were to burst out laughing while typing a case. So when I spend time on meme sites I have to contain myself :tongue:
  • cortrad
    cortrad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I made an exercise playlist entirely out of OG Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic the Hedgehog 2 music.
  • Today I'm a nerd because while I listened to one of my college instructors lecture, I could have sworn I heard her say "Time War" amongst all of her jabber. In actuality, it was just "time word". My imagination was getting away with me.

False alarm.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I totally had a fangirl reaction to Kevin Smith favoriting one of my tweets.

I hopped online to print an invoice, and saw the notification in my inbox... totally made my day! :bigsmile:

Did I mention its my anniversary? :blushing: Ha!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I finally realized today--months after it occurred--that the reason a co-worker I had never previously spoken to said to me "You like sci-fi, right?" was because I have a TIE-fighter on top of my filing cabinet at work. It's a repro of the original Kenner model, minus the annoying adhesive stickers on the panels.
  • DKaye09
    Options
    ...Aaaaand today I'm a geek because:
    *I am way too excited about NYCC this weekend, it has taken over my brain.
    *I am beyond bursting at the thought of showing off my costuming skills.
    *I'm still dorkily overjoyed that Kevin Smith favorited one of my tweets
    *I received a twitter reply from NYCC
    *True Blood just followed me and my inner fangirl cartwheeled from NY to Bon Temps

I think its safe to say my Twitter account is having the BEST WEEK EVER!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    my socks tell me I am today
    I'm going to D&D (we are starting a new campaign)
    I get to work a cool Excel spreadsheet today
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I watched this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzk0bjqQTxA&feature=related

I miss Breaking In. :sad: oh and reinforces my hatred for FOX. :mad:
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm going to D&D (we are starting a new campaign)

So jealous. My group dissolved almost a year ago. :(
  • Ajasper83
    Options
    *True Blood just followed me and my inner fangirl cartwheeled from NY to Bon Temps

Reasons like that are why I want a Twitter account, but reasons like that are why I would never get off the internet :p Anyways, sounds fantastic!
  • DKaye09
    Options

Reasons like that are why I want a Twitter account, but reasons like that are why I would never get off the internet :p Anyways, sounds fantastic!

The internet is just so darn expansive... if there wasn't so much of it my time wouldn't be so consumed! :wink:
  • Ajasper83
    Options
    Haha, agreed. *grumble grumble* I remember back in my day we had 8 GeoCities pages and 2 Angelfire pages and we waited 10 hours for them to load. And the dial up was the music of our people :grumble:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I spent 2 hours today sorting out my miniatures for tomorrow's Cyberpumk game and talking to them, cos I know them by name because I painted them
  • DKaye09
    Options
    Haha, agreed. *grumble grumble* I remember back in my day we had 8 GeoCities pages and 2 Angelfire pages and we waited 10 hours for them to load. And the dial up was the music of our people :grumble:

*gigglesnort*
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options

How well I remember those days....
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm programming and checking over equations while wearing a t-shirt that has a pictorial representation of "eye love apple pi" from the museum of science + industry chicago. :blushing: and I'll be watching the big bang theory later to relax.