Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I moved my cape over to get to my Avengers T-shirt hanging in my closet.
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    I upgraded a farm on my Hobbit: KoM within the first half hour of waking up...
  • hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    Yesterday during my morning workout I finished watching the full season of Eureka and moved on to re-watching Warehouse (Firefly and TNG are next up), fixed a few "technical issues" around the office, studied for my Project+ for school, scolded myself for still having my Star Trek Wrath of Khan Mean Maroon still hanging on the door (I need to do a deep clean on it) and had my 15 lb wrench from my steampunk engineer costume land on my foot when I tried to move it. Oh, and put a label maker that isn't working in to my back drawer at work to tinker with when I get time this week. Not the nerdiest of days, but it isn't over yet!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I went to Best Buy to look for a specific iPhone case for a friend. When I got into the store I ended up going all over the place looking at, and playing with all the gadgets and toys for nearly 2hrs. I also picked up a few Xbox titles including Batman Arkham city GOTY edition for 20$. Left the store and was 1/2 home when I realized, I forgot to do the thing I had gone to Best Buy to begin with.
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    ^^ Ha, I hate it when I do that!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I left my place 30 mins before my scheduled physical therapist appointment. Injured my left shoulder and have been going for rehab for a few weeks now. On my way there, I remembered it was comic book Wednesday. My comic book shop, and the physical therapy place, are in the same area within ¼ of a mile of each other. I had 15 mins before my appointment time so naturally, I stopped at the comic book place first. :happy: 30 mins go by before I realized I'm late. I apologize to the young, cute, blonde therapist when I arrive.

Cute blonde therapist: Traffic?
    Me: No, Wednesday.
    Cute blonde therapist: ( -_-)a *confused* I explain to her about Wednesday is comic book day. She just gives me a :indifferent: Well, she WAS cute

Later, during my appointment, I am using a hand exercise bike to warm up my shoulders. It has a WATTS and RPM number display that switches between the two every 30 seconds or so. I of course do my darnedest to hit 88 on the RPM. The therapist walks over, wondering why I kept going fast than slow.

Me: Oh, because I can't go fast enough to reach 1.21 gigawatts on the display, so I'm trying to hit 88 on the RPM side. (which I DID!)
    No longer cute blonde therapist: :huh:
    Me: :bigsmile:
    No longer cute blonde therapist: :noway: and walks away.

Last of all, I am overly excited about Friday tomorrow, and the start of Seattle's Emerald City Comic-con.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    ^ Ha! Too funny! Love your ticker photo, too!
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    Singing in the shower. Singing "Kiss the Girl" in the shower...
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I just bought some new bits for my costumes and can't wait to get making them for this year :D
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I left my place 30 mins before my scheduled physical therapist appointment. Injured my left shoulder and have been going for rehab for a few weeks now. On my way there, I remembered it was comic book Wednesday. My comic book shop, and the physical therapy place, are in the same area within ¼ of a mile of each other. I had 15 mins before my appointment time so naturally, I stopped at the comic book place first. :happy: 30 mins go by before I realized I'm late. I apologize to the young, cute, blonde therapist when I arrive.

Cute blonde therapist: Traffic?
    Me: No, Wednesday.
    Cute blonde therapist: ( -_-)a *confused* I explain to her about Wednesday is comic book day. She just gives me a :indifferent: Well, she WAS cute

Later, during my appointment, I am using a hand exercise bike to warm up my shoulders. It has a WATTS and RPM number display that switches between the two every 30 seconds or so. I of course do my darnedest to hit 88 on the RPM. The therapist walks over, wondering why I kept going fast than slow.

Me: Oh, because I can't go fast enough to reach 1.21 gigawatts on the display, so I'm trying to hit 88 on the RPM side. (which I DID!)

Last of all, I am overly excited about Friday tomorrow, and the start of Seattle's Emerald City Comic-con.

That is goddamn precious.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    A group of people were cosplaying on the rooftop car park opposite my workplace, that was pretty dedicated considering how cold it is kudos to you, you foam toting nerds

Just cosplaying or full on LARPing?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I downloaded "A Storm of Swords" to my MP3 player and listening to it during cardio sessions on my elliptical in preparation of S3 GoT. Already read the books, so this is me taking it to the next level. :glasses:
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    ^ Addicted. :)
  • hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    I left my place 30 mins before my scheduled physical therapist appointment. Injured my left shoulder and have been going for rehab for a few weeks now. On my way there, I remembered it was comic book Wednesday. My comic book shop, and the physical therapy place, are in the same area within ¼ of a mile of each other. I had 15 mins before my appointment time so naturally, I stopped at the comic book place first. :happy: 30 mins go by before I realized I'm late. I apologize to the young, cute, blonde therapist when I arrive. ..

Too Cool!!!

Today I got sidetracked thinking about how to adjust my Lady Blackhawk costume for DragonCon if I get to my goal weight before then (really need to get back to work).

mruntidy - what are you working on? If I may ask? :smile:
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I downloaded "A Storm of Swords" to my MP3 player and listening to it during cardio sessions on my elliptical in preparation of S3 GoT. Already read the books, so this is me taking it to the next level. :glasses:

ASoS is still my favorite so far....
  • mruntidy
    Options
    A group of people were cosplaying on the rooftop car park opposite my workplace, that was pretty dedicated considering how cold it is kudos to you, you foam toting nerds

Just cosplaying or full on LARPing?

Just cosplaying by the looks of it
  • mruntidy
    Options
    mruntidy - what are you working on? If I may ask? :smile:

A few this year

An upgraded UBCS from Resident Evil Apocalypse - went to cons as that last year, some pictures on this link;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/751304-london-excel-expo-2012Chris Redfield BSAA
    re5_chris.jpg

If i get fit enough, a space marine scout
    Raptors_Scout_Marine.jpg

Big if, finally i want to make a dress uniform for my res evil costume :smile:
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    I reached +500k might in Hobbit: KoM
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my check this week on comics yesterday.. now I am reading them today in my Wonder Woman pjs. :-P
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    I tripped over the sailor moon lamp in the room while changing out of my DC pajama pants...