Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    they released Seattle's ECCC panel schedule today: http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/programming/
    and I wish I could make at least 5 other clones so I can make it to all the panels I want to see.

I wish I could go! What's on your schedule?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    they released Seattle's ECCC panel schedule today: http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/programming/
    and I wish I could make at least 5 other clones so I can make it to all the panels I want to see.

Felicia Day panel, Star Wars voice actors show, WIl Wheaton panel, Doctor Who panel, movie mash up show with voice actors, D&D comedy skit, costume cosplay show and karaoke, Patrick Stewart panel, Batman panel with Adam West and Burt Ward, Carrie Fisher panel, Geek and Sundry, too much.......can't see it all........:sad: especially with many of them happening at the same time.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options

Felicia Day panel, Star Wars voice actors show, WIl Wheaton panel, Doctor Who panel, movie mash up show with voice actors, D&D comedy skit, costume cosplay show and karaoke, Patrick Stewart panel, Batman panel with Adam West and Burt Ward, Carrie Fisher panel, Geek and Sundry, too much.......can't see it all........:sad: especially with many of them happening at the same time.

Good luck!
  • esper2142
    Options
    Because in addition to recently acquiring my Cisco Certified Networking Professional certification (CCNP), I am now seriously studying virtualization (VMWare/Dropbox/Hypervisor).

A few days ago (follow me on this one) I was able to take a windows machine, throw up a virtual linux machine, then inside of that virtual linux machine...i virtualized a windows machine. I call this process "winception". I took a screenshot of it (URL Below)

http://i.imgur.com/O4KD1z1.jpg

How's that for my first post in this group? :-D
  • Pete620
    Options
    I spent the day rewiring solenoids on a cryo-vacume chamber
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    ..........because I finished the quilt top I was making and have used it for my avatar. That's not very nerdy I hear you say! Well everything is cut and measured out to the millimetre, every piece that is sewn on is then ironed and cut to the exact size, spray starched and stacked until everything in that stage is done then i move on to the next stage, sewing starching, ironing and cutting.
    I check and re check line up seams and unpick it if don't feel it's absolutely accurate.

Apart from that I'm perfectly normal!!!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Because I'm watching the Walking Dead RIGHT NOW! YEAH!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I just literally jumped and danced around the office because my VLOOKUP, MATCH formula finally worked right. :bigsmile:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    ... I obsessively downloaded knitting patterns for everything from Green Lantern (and friends) to Homestuck to funny cat lady sweaters and I can't wait to get started!
  • lacroyx
    Options
    They installed one of these @ my gym today: IMG_20130211_095318_zps5444e135.jpg
    As I placed my water bottle, I said to it "Tea, earl grey. Hot."
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Not today, but Saturday, I was a nerd because while flipping through channels on TV, I stopped on a rugby match and had to text my mom when I saw a team had a player named T'Pau like the character from Star Trek. I think his name was spelled differently though.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    They installed one of these @ my gym today: IMG_20130211_095318_zps5444e135.jpg
    As I placed my water bottle, I said to it "Tea, earl grey. Hot."

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    poorly written technical documents are making me twitch. I want to comment on every bad grammar, incorrect formatting, and poorly written explanation. I have to hold my self back to just comment on the structural deficiencies as there is limited time for turn around and I have to pick my battles.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm debating the merits of building a PC or just buying a Dell... or buying a laptop... and entertaining the possibility of getting a Mac just for the Retina display.

And I just finished reading Avengers vs X-Men over the weekend. Cyclops is evil.
  • kamm
    kamm Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started a huge 5+ person argument at my work over who would win in a fight: Iron Man or Batman.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Went out for lunch with my husband and our sons. Topics of conversation include Schrodinger's cat and wave-particle duality

http://m.tktn.me/00f2/-5ppWW*C51Xj__j2dq8Qu4.jpg
  • tomatini
    tomatini Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because my boyfriend and I had our third conversation THIS WEEK about the "leisure clothing" worn by the various characters on Star Trek: DS9.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I just started a huge 5+ person argument at my work over who would win in a fight: Iron Man or Batman.

Batman.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    Well, it's New Comic Day! I'll be heading out to pick up Secret Avengers #1 and whatever else tickles my fancy.
  • lacroyx
    Options

Batman.

I think Tony Stark would win. Besides...
    p0Adq.png