Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My collugues son was visiting the office and he asked "does a child sit at this desk?" in reference to the Dr Who minature, Pacman heat reaction mug and the drawings and posters or Joker, firefly Dr Horrible etc around the desk divider.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    rockin my how to do the Vulcan nerve pinch shirt for the Geek Adler after dark tonight
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek because I ordered Tree Spirit stickers from Princess Mononoke for my car. As well as a Banksy cum Pulp Fiction t-shirt from redbubble.

omg! so cute!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    While in my Zumba class today, there was this girl I kept glancing at. I tried to not stare, but it was hard at times. The reason, while she was a cute brunette, was the sweats she was wearing, reminded me of this guy's pants.
    Episode_4_Han_Solo_1.jpg
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Cause today I am rocking a tank top
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    . . . I am probably going to spend a good chunk of this afternoon watching Doctor Who episodes. Working my way through the early David Tennant ones right now.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I getting really excited about The Doctors Revisited: The First Doctor Sunday on BBCA. I just emailed reminders to my geeky sons and my unofficial adopted geeky son.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I getting really excited about The Doctors Revisited: The First Doctor Sunday on BBCA. I just emailed reminders to my geeky sons and my unofficial adopted geeky son.

I love this post - hardly anyone ever goes back to the beginning and there are some amazing stories in the pre Tennant Doctors :happy:
  • Amazon_Who
    Options
    I love this post - hardly anyone ever goes back to the beginning and there are some amazing stories in the pre Tennant Doctors :happy:
    I agree and it is going to be so much fun watching the 4 boys (ages 15-19) seeing most of Doctors 1-7 for the first time!
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Today is my last day at work until November 23rd. As of Tomorrow morning, I will be on a flight to OKC to stay with my friends of 18 years. I met them all ( 2 seperate households plus a couple more flying in to visit ) and we've been a regular D&D group since then.

Our guild is the Dream Warriors and we play D&D, MMORPG's, and a regular NWN Campaign that we use to help us all stay in touch. I will be there from Saturday the 10th all the way through Tuesday the 20th...and there will be *at least* five days in there that will consist of 12 hours of D&D.

My God...it will be glorious. :love: :drinker:

That's pretty cool.. Nothing like table top RPGs. :)

Sure computers can make it a bit better but nothing gives you that same feeling of sitting around a table being soical and rolling dice. :)
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options

Oh nice I'm totally gonna have to check these out.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Oh nice I'm totally gonna have to check these out.
    Me too!

Today I'm a nerd because as I was packing my 15 year old daughter's lunch in her new Doctor Who Tradis lunchbox we got her for her b-day, I decided it needed a little something extra. Printed off this photo of Tennant, cut it out and taped it inside the lid when she wasn't looking:

http://www.wallpapername.com/thumbnails/detail/20121026/david tennant doctor who 1440x900 wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_42.jpg

Just got the text in all caps about 30 minutes ago - apparently she opened it in class to get a snack and nearly burst out laughing, said she was "dying trying to hold the laughter in". :bigsmile: Mission accomplished.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Because I got my personalized Avengers car tags in the mail!! :heart:
  • Amazon_Who
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because as I was packing my 15 year old daughter's lunch in her new Doctor Who Tradis lunchbox we got her for her b-day, I decided it needed a little something extra. Printed off this photo of Tennant, cut it out and taped it inside the lid when she wasn't looking:

http://www.wallpapername.com/thumbnails/detail/20121026/david tennant doctor who 1440x900 wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_42.jpg

Just got the text in all caps about 30 minutes ago - apparently she opened it in class to get a snack and nearly burst out laughing, said she was "dying trying to hold the laughter in". :bigsmile: Mission accomplished.
    You are an awesome mom!:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Because I had fish fingers & custard at lunch. The cafe had fish biscuits and cheesecake. I had to, it was a moral imperative.

And thank you for the info on the Doctor Who specials this weekend. I will be sure to DVR it - got the text this morning that the 2nd half of Season 7 premieres March 30th, a day before Game of Thrones Season 3!!! *SQUEEEEE*!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    because over the three day weekend i played almost 20 hours of ff7. jenova is haunting my dreams.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Because my office meeting turned into a two hour long deep space nine debate
    :explode: <jealous rage>
    Are they hiring there? :happy: :wink:

I've watched all 700+ episodes across the Star Trek series (even the animated series) and DS9 eventually became my favorite (even though the finale SUCKED)! Just last week I used Wikipedia and Netflix to watch all of the DS9 'Section 31'-related episodes in order, now I need to go back and watch the 'Enterprise' episodes again as well. Later, I'll go back and hit all the 'Q', 'Mirror Universe', and time-travel episodes in chronological order (timeline chronology, not production order). I still think that the 29th century arcs would've made an obvious and excellent spin-off series! Imagine, a Federation time-ship fixing chronal anomalies while filling in some of the gaps in the continuity! </minor nerd-gasm>
    I thoroughly enjoyed 'Enterprise' although many panned it and I was quite pissed when it was canceled after the 4th season! However, I was a bit perturbed about how 'Enterprise' retconned some events (e.g. first meeting with Ferengi and the Borg, etc.)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My kid's Instagram pic of her lunchbox - she loved the surprise when she opened the lid, and proceeded to have her phone taken away for texting me about it in class. :tongue:

8408869523_22cd82db0e.jpg
  • ameline7
    Options
    Because when I was walking around attempting to find someone in my department for advising my teacher called over and said how he remembered me from the class because I was the only one to get a 100 on the let's see what you already know pop quiz thing at the end of his first class.

Oh and I was working on the 4th doctors scarf for about 30 minutes when I was watching futurama.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Because my office meeting turned into a two hour long deep space nine debate
    :explode: <jealous rage>
    Are they hiring there? :happy: :wink:

I've watched all 700+ episodes across the Star Trek series (even the animated series) and DS9 eventually became my favorite (even though the finale SUCKED)! Just last week I used Wikipedia and Netflix to watch all of the DS9 'Section 31'-related episodes in order, now I need to go back and watch the 'Enterprise' episodes again as well. Later, I'll go back and hit all the 'Q', 'Mirror Universe', and time-travel episodes in chronological order (timeline chronology, not production order). I still think that the 29th century arcs would've made an obvious and excellent spin-off series! Imagine, a Federation time-ship fixing chronal anomalies while filling in some of the gaps in the continuity! </minor nerd-gasm>
    I thoroughly enjoyed 'Enterprise' although many panned it and I was quite pissed when it was canceled after the 4th season! However, I was a bit perturbed about how 'Enterprise' retconned some events (e.g. first meeting with Ferengi and the Borg, etc.)

And I thought I was the only person to do this! Totally agree with the last DS9 episode, I stlll have so many unanswered questions about that episode. Although it is still my favourite series out of the franchise. Love the 'Little Green Men'' episode!! I love that you watch Jake Sisco grow up before your eyes when you watch them back to back!