Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I thought the Warnings For Beginners section at the bottom of this page had some of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/ex0.html
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I ... I want a store called Comics & Coffee. :(
    I was wandering about my mall filled with xmas decorations every where when I saw a new store Comics & Coffee, I kept walking as I was checking the store and smacked right into a Xmas display, nearly knocking it over.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Just finished X-Files marathon.... Again...
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day at work until November 23rd. As of Tomorrow morning, I will be on a flight to OKC to stay with my friends of 18 years. I met them all ( 2 seperate households plus a couple more flying in to visit ) and we've been a regular D&D group since then.

Our guild is the Dream Warriors and we play D&D, MMORPG's, and a regular NWN Campaign that we use to help us all stay in touch. I will be there from Saturday the 10th all the way through Tuesday the 20th...and there will be *at least* five days in there that will consist of 12 hours of D&D.

My God...it will be glorious. :love: :drinker:

so ****in jealous!

roll Crit baby
    That sounds like SO much fun. I'm a M:TG person myself cause I'm too self-conscious for D&D, but the concept of the days of nothing but having fun with friends - sounds so great!

:happy: Crits and Fumbles were shared, many creatures died and I even got our Guild Symbol tattooed on my back! Holy hell, it was fun! We all felt like we were 16 again and our colorful language showed it but talk about recharging the Geek Tank... WHOO!
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I argued with a webcomic about the finer points of Final Fantasy III... it didn't talk back to me at least!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my list of recorded programs ...... it's all repeats of Dr. Who, Torchwood, Robot Chicken, X-Files, and Galaxy Quest .......

I know most of them by heart ..... probably should delete, but that just feels so wrong :sad:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Because THIS is how I'm getting into the Christmas spirit. You're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMgleUxD9w
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are making a special trip to Denny's tomorrow to check out their Hobbit menu. I say "special trip" because we apparently live in the only metropolitan area in the US that doesn't have a Denny's within 5 minutes. I've never felt like such a victim of marketing in my life, but we're super excited.

I have to drive 50 miles to the nearest Denny's. Ugh I want their Hobbit menu.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Because my office meeting turned into a two hour long deep space nine debate
  • BeyondTrouble
    BeyondTrouble Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Because I watched Doctor Who on my lunch break "Are you my mommy?" and cause i am looking forward to crawling in bed early so I can keep reading "Ready Player One".
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My whole DVR is filled with Stargate SG-1 and I just rewatched the original movie. But, wait a minute, that's COOL, right? Not nerdy! :)
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Because my office meeting turned into a two hour long deep space nine debate

Why does this never happen to me????
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Not because I play SWTOR, but because this is me playing SWTOR....
    boba.jpg
  • daringstoic
    Options

I don't know if it would be worth a 50-mile drive, but we had some great food. The pumpkin pancakes and red velvet bites were to die for. It was a decidedly un-MFP-friendly meal, though, lol.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

I don't know if it would be worth a 50-mile drive, but we had some great food. The pumpkin pancakes and red velvet bites were to die for. It was a decidedly un-MFP-friendly meal, though, lol.

We are thinking about going before we see the movie. The theater in our town in not the nicest so we will probably be traveling to see it anyway. Thanks for the heads up though. :)
  • supercatwoman2003
    Options
    im a geek today because im cutting out star wars snowflakes for my hubby. and counting down till we can see the hobbit with our family!
  • jmjm55077
    Options
    Today we sent out invites to our annual new year's drum circle and re-enactment of the clone wars...Can't wait to show off my new lightsaber!
  • FairyMomma408
    Options
    I just read this whole thread and all I can say is....

My people!!!!

I guess I'm a geek today because I'm about to play Guild Wars 2 with my fiance, then watch the episode we missed of Castle, and in between talk about the choice of playing D&D this weekend or Vampire the Masquerade.....

Hey Nathan Fillion and or Neil Patrick Harris lovers, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7kkVYSbXVc&feature=g-high-u
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My youngest just came in from letting the dog out in the yard and informed us he saw flashing lights in the sky and it must be the TARDIS. He also gave his doctor the Vulcan salute when he came into the exam room this morning. Turns out the doc is a fan, too, and solemnly returned the greeting with "Live long and prosper." :bigsmile:

The apple didn't fall far from this tree!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Many reasons. My hubby got me into all kinds of geeky things.

Dr Who is a staple in our house. My boys love watching it w/ us. They run around yelling, "Exterminate!" My older 2 boys were a dalek & 11th dr for halloween. We call the dvd cabinet, Tardis b/c it looks like the tardis. A friend of mine is knitting me a Tardis bookmark.

Joss is God! from Buffy-Firefly and beyond. browncoats unite!

Belong to a RPG group. played in many games. My hubby & friends currently running a D&D game, w/ other games to follow(Changling/Midian/etc). *roll a D6. We're all gonna die** prefer 20's.

Also have done Solar in the past, still have my hubby's 6 silver long-sword. talk about a tongue twister! mess up and you missed your target.

All kinds of geek music. TMBG. there's another geek rap person that I can't remember off-hand, but my boys love singing, "Who that knocking a my chamber door? Mr Raven. All up in my grill like nevermore!"

I think I could go on all day!