• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    4 weeks in now - eating 1800-1900 cals.
    1st week - up 1.2
    2nd week - down 3.4
    3rd week - up 3.2 (TOM week)
    4th week - down .8

So total 4th week done I'm down .2lbs. Waist down 1 inch. Hopefully this next 4 weeks will get things moving. I've been hovering between 155-160 since January!!!

Sweet an inch gone...love it!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    3/26/12: SW: 232
    4/7/12: 230.2 2200 calories (assumed maintenance with eating back exercise calories)
    4/18/12: 229 2200 calories
    4/23/12: 229 (cut by 15% from assumed maintenance calories - 1870 with eating back exercise calories)
    4/30/12: 228.8 (I have been dealing with a knee injury and went on a small trip so I will be slowly upping my exercise this week)
    5/7/12: 228 Still having some knee pain so I won't include inches until I have been able to increase my exercise. I have started to slowly start to exercise but am limited right now.

Wow nice and steady pace.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Started 4/10/2012 at 152.5 lbs. Weighed in this morning (exactly four weeks later) at 145.5 lbs.

Measurements: 4/13 vs 5/7

neck - 13.5/13.25
    right bicep - 11.5/11.75
    waist - 32.5/30
    under bust - 34/32
    belly button - 34.5/33
    hip bone - 37/35
    right thigh - 22/21.75
    above right knee - 16/15.25
    right calf - 15.25/15

i took a before pic a few days after upping my cals. i never intended to share it, so i was just in my underwear and sports bra. i took one this weekend, dressed the same. the difference is startling. it literally looks like i was wearing a full body fat suit, and i just took it off. i'm wishing that i had a bathing suit on, so that i could share them. it looks like so much more than the loss of a few pounds!

i'm about so happy with these results that i could explode. life has been hard lately, and this one thing going right has been keeping me afloat. thank you so much to the ladies that run this board!! if i ever come across you in person, i hope you don't have issues with personal space cuz you'll be getting a gigantic hug!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Started 4/10/2012 at 152.5 lbs. Weighed in this morning (exactly four weeks later) at 145.5 lbs.

Measurements: 4/13 vs 5/7

neck - 13.5/13.25
    right bicep - 11.5/11.75
    waist - 32.5/30
    under bust - 34/32
    belly button - 34.5/33
    hip bone - 37/35
    right thigh - 22/21.75
    above right knee - 16/15.25
    right calf - 15.25/15

i took a before pic a few days after upping my cals. i never intended to share it, so i was just in my underwear and sports bra. i took one this weekend, dressed the same. the difference is startling. it literally looks like i was wearing a full body fat suit, and i just took it off. i'm wishing that i had a bathing suit on, so that i could share them. it looks like so much more than the loss of a few pounds!

i'm about so happy with these results that i could explode. life has been hard lately, and this one thing going right has been keeping me afloat. thank you so much to the ladies that run this board!! if i ever come across you in person, i hope you don't have issues with personal space cuz you'll be getting a gigantic hug!

WOW XOXOXOXO...so happy for you!!!

Wish you would post if it isn't a problem to do so for you...if someone complains I will take it down..lol. Amazing, how people will complain about some bra and panty shots but not others...a bit of hypocrisy, but whatever...lol
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    lucia-

i was actually almost considering it. although i was gonna chop my head off in both of them for the sake of anonymity and really bad hair days, lol. but then i mentioned to my husband that i had taken the pics, and he immediately said something about posting them on the internet...and he said it with much alarm in his voice. so i'm pretty sure that he would have a cow if i did it. actually he would probably give birth to a cow giving birth to its own cow for a total of two cows. i'd prefer to avoid that ;)

i don't care about other people posting underwear pics though. doesn't bother me.

eta: if you ever wanted to have a sticky thread of anonymous before and after pics, i would (might) be willing to do that. that might be a pretty cool idea actually. you'd probably get more picture evidence that way to encourage those that are struggling a bit.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    lactually he would probably give birth to a cow giving birth to its own cow for a total of two cows. i'd prefer to avoid that ;)

Forget the picture, just get a video of that. It will turn viral, and he will be an internet sensation. Plus you will have plenty of fresh milk. Win/Win.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    So...I meant to share more updates as I ventured onto this whole eating more thing around Christmas time, but life got busy.

Anyway, I just finished a heavy lifting program called STS about a week and a half ago, so just thought I'd peek at my measurements. The scale has not been moving much for me (well actually to clarify, it is moving up just fine...) but I am down a pants size so thats pretty awesome.
    Looks like I have lost 2% on my body fat (used the caliper method, not completely convinced Im doing it right), 1 inch on my waist, 1 inch on my hips, gained 1/4 inch on my biceps and a half inch on my thighs (oops!) . Everything else pretty much stayed the same.

I tried to post some pics but they didnt come up. SO...whatever.

I look at them kind of like meh...whatever...but I had some crazy strength gains that I am pretty psyched about! I am feeling pretty strong and I know the rest will come. I know my consistency with the eating was NOT where it needs to be. I swear I am getting it. I know the eating is even more important than the exercise and so...I'm on it. Its so hard sometimes! I plan to do another round of STS in the fall...hope to have better results!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    lucia-

i was actually almost considering it. although i was gonna chop my head off in both of them for the sake of anonymity and really bad hair days, lol. but then i mentioned to my husband that i had taken the pics, and he immediately said something about posting them on the internet...and he said it with much alarm in his voice. so i'm pretty sure that he would have a cow if i did it. actually he would probably give birth to a cow giving birth to its own cow for a total of two cows. i'd prefer to avoid that ;)

i don't care about other people posting underwear pics though. doesn't bother me.

eta: if you ever wanted to have a sticky thread of anonymous before and after pics, i would (might) be willing to do that. that might be a pretty cool idea actually. you'd probably get more picture evidence that way to encourage those that are struggling a bit.

Ok sounds like a plan:-) Kiki and I are building a EM2WL site, so maybe we can do it there!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    So...I meant to share more updates as I ventured onto this whole eating more thing around Christmas time, but life got busy.

Anyway, I just finished a heavy lifting program called STS about a week and a half ago, so just thought I'd peek at my measurements. The scale has not been moving much for me (well actually to clarify, it is moving up just fine...) but I am down a pants size so thats pretty awesome.
    Looks like I have lost 2% on my body fat (used the caliper method, not completely convinced Im doing it right), 1 inch on my waist, 1 inch on my hips, gained 1/4 inch on my biceps and a half inch on my thighs (oops!) . Everything else pretty much stayed the same.

I tried to post some pics but they didnt come up. SO...whatever.

I look at them kind of like meh...whatever...but I had some crazy strength gains that I am pretty psyched about! I am feeling pretty strong and I know the rest will come. I know my consistency with the eating was NOT where it needs to be. I swear I am getting it. I know the eating is even more important than the exercise and so...I'm on it. Its so hard sometimes! I plan to do another round of STS in the fall...hope to have better results!

Oh how I would LOVE to see the pics!!! Amazing how we can't see progress but others can...please post if you can. You have to get the link like on photo bucket, then change the toand then it works.
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Testing...
    [IMG]://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/becca4christalone/2012-05-04_11-09-21_119.jpg[/img]
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Ugh! Not working...not sure what Im doing wrong!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    hmm i tried to get your pic to work to and no luck, sorry
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @Becca, just saw your pic. You look amazing girl!!

Don't know how to embed pics here, but here's a direct link http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/becca4christalone/2012-05-04_11-09-21_119.jpg
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Becca, nice pic...there are like three or so links you can choose you must choose the one with the and then once you copy here you change to all upper case...but again NICE PIC!
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    2012-05-04_11-09-21_119.jpg
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I started on MFP beginning of Jan 2012. I was eating VLC, around 1200-1400 a day. I lost 24 lbs and initially was excited but realized I wasn't looking so great. I was flabby and didn't look healthy or even like I actually lost 24lbs. That's when I found this board. I realized eating VLC wasn't possible for the rest of my life and also realized I had tried it before and gained it all back. I knew I had lost lean mass and retained the fat- not my goal!

So I began eating more on/around April 11. I calculated my bmr at 1457, my tdee at 2253 and eat 1802 a day (sometimes more)

Starting weight 155, current weight 157 - but I fluctuate between 155-160.

First measurement from April 11 Second from today May 9

Under bust 36 --- 33 loss of 3 inches
    Over bust 38.5 --- 37 loss of 1.5 inches
    Waist 38 --- 35 loss of 3 inches
    forearm 10 --- 10 no loss
    Hips 43 --- 42.5 loss of 0.5 inches (slowest to show anything!)
    Thigh 26 ---- 26 grrrr- no change
    calf 15 ---- 14 loss of 1 inch

I carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs, so no surprise they are the slowest to show results. I'm staying the course even though the scale has done nothing. I'm happy with the inches in such a short time!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am down another .5 today. So 1.7 lbs in 12 days. Not bad, I was losing 1.2 lbs per week on 1200 calories but then I plateaued. I am much happier now, losing slightly slower but I also started heavy lifting a month ago so my body is changing shape and looking much better.
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Posting my starting weight and measurements for posterity: (though I'm awful about updating!)

waist: 35.7
    hips: 39.8
    upper thigh right: 22.1
    upper thigh left: 22.1
    calf right: 13.7
    calf left: 13.7

body fat percentage: 28.4

weight: 155.6, starting date for eat more to lose 5/8/2012

Starting date for mfp October 2011, starting weight 164
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I am down another .5 today. So 1.7 lbs in 12 days. Not bad, I was losing 1.2 lbs per week on 1200 calories but then I plateaued. I am much happier now, losing slightly slower but I also started heavy lifting a month ago so my body is changing shape and looking much better.

Oh Heidi, that is the whole point...just awesome. I have been skinny with slight tone...I much rather be heavier, but be about the same size, with all my current tone...:-)

WTG! LOVE IT!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Hi all! I started on MFP beginning of Jan 2012. I was eating VLC, around 1200-1400 a day. I lost 24 lbs and initially was excited but realized I wasn't looking so great. I was flabby and didn't look healthy or even like I actually lost 24lbs. That's when I found this board. I realized eating VLC wasn't possible for the rest of my life and also realized I had tried it before and gained it all back. I knew I had lost lean mass and retained the fat- not my goal!

So I began eating more on/around April 11. I calculated my bmr at 1457, my tdee at 2253 and eat 1802 a day (sometimes more)

Starting weight 155, current weight 157 - but I fluctuate between 155-160.

First measurement from April 11 Second from today May 9

Under bust 36 --- 33 loss of 3 inches
    Over bust 38.5 --- 37 loss of 1.5 inches
    Waist 38 --- 35 loss of 3 inches
    forearm 10 --- 10 no loss
    Hips 43 --- 42.5 loss of 0.5 inches (slowest to show anything!)
    Thigh 26 ---- 26 grrrr- no change
    calf 15 ---- 14 loss of 1 inch

I carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs, so no surprise they are the slowest to show results. I'm staying the course even though the scale has done nothing. I'm happy with the inches in such a short time!

Hun, my thighs hold on for dear life too! We just have to keep on doing what we do! YOU ARE ROCKING!