Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I normally take my measurements every two weeks and this morning I decided to take my measurements and I haven't lost any inches since 3/29. I'm a lil bummed because I lost so many inches the 1st month, I got hype and now two weeks into April I haven't lost anything. I'm hopeful, I will have some losses by the end of the month. :frown:

Remember you were sick Tanya...that plays with the body. Give yourself two weeks and measure again.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I normally take my measurements every two weeks and this morning I decided to take my measurements and I haven't lost any inches since 3/29. I'm a lil bummed because I lost so many inches the 1st month, I got hype and now two weeks into April I haven't lost anything. I'm hopeful, I will have some losses by the end of the month. :frown:

Remember you were sick Tanya...that plays with the body. Give yourself two weeks and measure again.

Thank you mama! :)
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories, as a lot of people do, I guess, then changed my goal to 1 lb loss per week and went up to 1310. I lost at 1200, plateaued and then lost again when I stepped it up to 1300 and went through a series of ups and downs but was getting frustrated with the plateaus and with feeling like I wanted to eat more.

March 26th I got a Fitbit and started earning (and eating!) exercise calories - turns out I'm less sedentary than I thought - and working harder to be more active. I'm now typically eating between 1500 and 1900 calories a day. I gained about three pounds my first week of eating more but have lost five pounds since April 5th. I'm absolutely thrilled!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories, as a lot of people do, I guess, then changed my goal to 1 lb loss per week and went up to 1310. I lost at 1200, plateaued and then lost again when I stepped it up to 1300 and went through a series of ups and downs but was getting frustrated with the plateaus and with feeling like I wanted to eat more.

March 26th I got a Fitbit and started earning (and eating!) exercise calories - turns out I'm less sedentary than I thought - and working harder to be more active. I'm now typically eating between 1500 and 1900 calories a day. I gained about three pounds my first week of eating more but have lost five pounds since April 5th. I'm absolutely thrilled!

That's awesome! So many of us have done/are doing the same thing! We underestimate our activity level, thinking that less is better. Then it backfires on us! Yay, for you seeing the light & congrats on the weight loss! :happy:
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi All, just joined and started today. My calorie intake used to be 1200 with very high protein/low carb intake. I lost 25 pounds doing it this way, but for some reason I was always hungry and binging. I also had days where I did a lot of cardio with very high burns. I never really ate my exercise cals back, as I thought this was the way to lose, burn what you eat. I have been at a plateau since 4/1/12. I can say that since starting this journey in Dec. I have lost a total of 25 pounds and 40.55 inches (total body). The thought of upping my cal intake is very scarey to me, but I am ready to jump all the way in and see what happens. I am in for the long haul. I usually exercise 6-7 days per week riding my bike 45/60 mins and 3 times a week I do some strength/toning exercises. My main focus now is to lose and then tone. I have a HRM and a app on my phone that I use to calculate my burns, I usually combine the two and divide by 2 to get my burn amounts.

My diary is open and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    current cal intake is 2100 TDEE/w cut
    My BMR is 1625.
    SW 197.4 all measurements are from 4/17/12:
    Neck 15.25
    Waist 39.0
    Hips 43.0
    Shoulder 47.5
    Arms 14.5
    Section 39.0
    thighs 40.0
    Inner Knee 16.5
    Bust Chest 44.25
    Ankles 8.5
    Calf 15.0 on 04/17/12
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    3/26/12: SW: 232
    4/7/12: 230.2
    4/18/12: 229
    I am still in maintenance calories to reset, 2200 (as per MFP & eating exercise calories back) and still going down slowly. This is the last week before I lower so I have a modest deficit. Yesterday I was even lower. I am doing better at eating all my calories. So it could be I am not quite at my TDEE but I think I am alot closer.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Got my own updates today:

Two weeks ago, I got really sick and couldn't hold any food down all weekend. I stepped on the scale that Monday weighing in at 4lbs heavier than I was the week before. I resumed eating my cut value for the rest of that week, but the scale wouldn't budge. I had a feeling that my body still didn't trust me after starving it all weekend, so I decided to make this week a maintenance week to give my body the refeed that it needed. So, starting Sunday I upped my cals, ate at maintenance, and today (Thurs) I stepped on the scale and was down 3.5! I think my body is finally forgiving me :)

I'm going to continue to eat at maintenance for the rest of this week before resuming my cut values. But just wanted to share.

Don't be afraid to feed your bodies, people! And don't be afraid to UP your cals in the face of plateaus or the body trying to hold on to extra weight. Sometimes it just needs reassurance. :)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I am still in maintenance calories to reset, 2200 (as per MFP & eating exercise calories back) and still going down slowly. This is the last week before I lower so I have a modest deficit. Yesterday I was even lower. I am doing better at eating all my calories. So it could be I am not quite at my TDEE but I think I am alot closer.

You probably aren't at your TDEE. The calculators are just estimates. When you do your cut, try a small one, no more than 10-15%...it is so much better to lose the weight slow to hopefully prevent too much muscle loss.

You are doing just awesome! I know it is hard to get the mind wrapped around eating more when you have eaten less for so long. And waiting for stabiliztion doing a reset can be daunting...but you did it!

So very proud of you! I can't wait to see your before and after pics!!!
  • KeriA
    Options

You probably aren't at your TDEE. The calculators are just estimates. When you do your cut, try a small one, no more than 10-15%...it is so much better to lose the weight slow to hopefully prevent too much muscle loss.

You are doing just awesome! I know it is hard to get the mind wrapped around eating more when you have eaten less for so long. And waiting for stabiliztion doing a reset can be daunting...but you did it!

So very proud of you! I can't wait to see your before and after pics!!!

Thanks! I think you are right about the amount of cut. I will take measurements before I lower but don't expect improvement since I have been resting my knee.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Got my own updates today:

Two weeks ago, I got really sick and couldn't hold any food down all weekend. I stepped on the scale that Monday weighing in at 4lbs heavier than I was the week before. I resumed eating my cut value for the rest of that week, but the scale wouldn't budge. I had a feeling that my body still didn't trust me after starving it all weekend, so I decided to make this week a maintenance week to give my body the refeed that it needed. So, starting Sunday I upped my cals, ate at maintenance, and today (Thurs) I stepped on the scale and was down 3.5! I think my body is finally forgiving me :)

I'm going to continue to eat at maintenance for the rest of this week before resuming my cut values. But just wanted to share.

Don't be afraid to feed your bodies, people! And don't be afraid to UP your cals in the face of plateaus or the body trying to hold on to extra weight. Sometimes it just needs reassurance. :)

I see so many MFP friends eating too low and then binging and giving up then gaining and I wonder why they don't just take a rest week and eat maintenance calories instead. Many of them may see the same loss you did. Even if they gained they would be better off than binging and giving up.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Something interesting I noticed-

I've been on MFP for a while- been trying to lose weight forever and am getting things done better now without serious allergies, disability etc. Not my point here- my point is that I've got long track data to review and the findings are interesting so I thought I'd share.

So about a year ago (the second MFP run) my measurements were this at my lowest point-
    Hip- 52.5
    Waist- 42
    Weight- 239

I did this by cardio cardio cardio and a smidge of weight lifting done in a half-butt fashion. Nothing serious.

My measurements right now-
    Hip 52
    Waist-42
    Weight- 259

So I'm heavier but smaller than before.

It took me SIX MONTHS to get this small before- this time? THREE months.

The difference? Weight training- serious weight training. I was a floppy 239 before. Now- my legs are so firm it's freaky :D
    I also eat more now than I did then. Before I set MFP to lose 2lbs a week and that was that! This time- I've found my TDEE, BMR, BF% (it's painful lol) and am eating based on numbers for ME not for anyone else.

Just some info I thought I'd share :)
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Prior to 04/09/12 I was stalled out at 170 with a (you guessed it) 1200 cal/day net intake.

Starting 04/09, I adjusted my net goal to 2082 (My TDEE plus an additional 200 calories to account for breastfeeding).

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

I will add measurements soon!

4/13 - 165

5 lbs in 3 days seems pretty unbelievable, so I'm thinking mostly water, but I'll take it!

Okay, I finally measured myself (2 weeks in, oh well)...

4/21 Weight - 167 (its pretty much bounced between 166 and 168 all week, so I think I must be hitting my Full TDEE pretty close)
    Neck - 13.5
    Upper Chest - 33
    Bust - 39
    Ribs Below Bust - 30.5
    Natural Waist - 30
    Gut - 35.75
    Hips - 43.5
    Left Thigh - 24.25
    Left Ankle - 8.75
    Left Bicep - 12
    Left wrist 6.375
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

***4/9/12***
    Weight 192.2
    Body Fat 33.3% (I mistakenly reported as 35% previously)
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.5
    Chest 31.5
    Waist 31.75
    Navel 35.75
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 26.75
    L. Arm 12.25
    R. Arm 12.5

1st and 2nd week updates.

***4/1612***
    Weight 193
    Body Fat 32.9%
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.75
    Chest 31.75
    Waist 31
    Navel 34.25
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 26.25
    R. Thigh 26
    L. Arm 12
    R. Arm 12.5

***4/23/12***
    Weight 196.9
    Body Fat 33.9%
    BMI 26.7

Breast 37
    Chest 32
    Waist 31.5
    Navel 35.5
    Pouch 39
    Hips 45
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 25.75
    L. Arm 12.5
    R. Arm 12.5

I'm up 4.4 lbs and not really nothing to show for it. No big difference in inches to feel good about. Not patiently waiting because my mind is going there, but I am trying to force it to stay positive. Hopefully next week I'll see a bit of a change. I'm still working on my menu also.
  • chelljo12
    Options
    I have been so off task this past week and I feel so bad. Had an unplanned trip to Orlando this weekend and my food intake was horrible. Since upping my cals I have been feeling really bloated and full all the time, but I force myself to eat. I really don't like the feeling. I have gained 4 pounds as well and this bothers me. I am contemplating reducing my cal intake to at least my BMR and see if I will feel better. My exercise has been near to none, except swimming on Sat. . I really would appreciate some advice on the calorie thing as I am really confused and discouraged at this point. I originally upped my cals two weeks ago from 1200 to 1560 and then I was invited to this group. I did the calculations and upped my calories according to my TDEE/cut which is 2100 and my BMR is 1625. I usually exercise 5-6 days a week doing mostly cardio. As I stated above I started out weighing 197.4 two weeks ago and when I weighed this morning it was 201.4. Someone please help I am going insane with this calorie thing.

Michelle
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I have been so off task this past week and I feel so bad. Had an unplanned trip to Orlando this weekend and my food intake was horrible. Since upping my cals I have been feeling really bloated and full all the time, but I force myself to eat. I really don't like the feeling. I have gained 4 pounds as well and this bothers me. I am contemplating reducing my cal intake to at least my BMR and see if I will feel better. My exercise has been near to none, except swimming on Sat. . I really would appreciate some advice on the calorie thing as I am really confused and discouraged at this point. I originally upped my cals two weeks ago from 1200 to 1560 and then I was invited to this group. I did the calculations and upped my calories according to my TDEE/cut which is 2100 and my BMR is 1625. I usually exercise 5-6 days a week doing mostly cardio. As I stated above I started out weighing 197.4 two weeks ago and when I weighed this morning it was 201.4. Someone please help I am going insane with this calorie thing.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

There is no going insane around these here parts...lol. I totally feel your pain, however you just admitted that eating has been off during your trip. I know the sodium alone when eating out more often than not can really cause you to hold water.

You must read What to expect when upping your calories...since you jumped in two weeks ago please don't jump back down in cals...your body need a chance to realize this is consistent and to start to release and stop holding the fat. Please give it a min of 3 more weeks. Watch your sodium too...sometimes even high cardio days can cause you to hold water.

The fullness and bloating DOES go away eventually. Again, read the What to expect...it will help and you will see you are not alone...the low caling really does cause our bodies to adapt in a way it doesn't want to...it gets used to it and then whew, it has to shift back when you do start eating...so give it a chance.

We have been right where you are...now I slam back my cut value no problem and will be moving to maintenance soon to try and put on a little more muscle mass, then actually bump up to add more...

But you have come this far...those 4lbs, it is pretty normal...many gain a bit at first, but then all of a sudden..BAM and the scale then starts trending down...you just have to wait for you to hit that corner...
    Lucia
  • ANewLucia
    Options

***4/9/12***
    Weight 192.2
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.5
    Chest 31.5
    Waist 31.75
    Navel 35.75
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 26.75
    L. Arm 12.25
    R. Arm 12.5

***4/1612***
    Weight 193
    Body Fat 32.9%
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.75
    Chest 31.75
    Waist 31
    Navel 34.25
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 26.25
    R. Thigh 26
    L. Arm 12
    R. Arm 12.5

***4/23/12***
    Weight 196.9
    Body Fat 33.9%
    BMI 26.7

Breast 37
    Chest 32
    Waist 31.5
    Navel 35.5
    Pouch 39
    Hips 45
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 25.75
    L. Arm 12.5
    R. Arm 12.5

I'm up 4.4 lbs and not really nothing to show for it. No big difference in inches to feel good about. Not patiently waiting because my mind is going there, but I am trying to force it to stay positive. Hopefully next week I'll see a bit of a change. I'm still working on my menu also.

Are you doing 40/30/30? Get the protein up try to hit the 1gr per lb of body weight. Try to get most nutrients from whole foods and not processed. I haven't checked your diary, but that may be something to think about.

Are you lifting weights? It has been two weeks, let's give it two more and go from there.
  • chelljo12
    Options
    Thanks Lucia, I will take your advice and hang in there and I will read what to expect...MIchelle
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd pop in here and mention that I've dropped some pounds - like, um, five of them - and my measurements are coming down...

all this while netting about 1900 calories most days. I shoot for 2100, but, frankly, I don't always make it -- I have been rigorous about not going below my BMR of 1700, though!!

This works, but it does take a few weeks for the body to decide to play along. Lifting helps... I work with kettlebells and a program I found at nerdfitness.com.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

***4/9/12***
    Weight 192.2
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.5
    Chest 31.5
    Waist 31.75
    Navel 35.75
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 26.75
    L. Arm 12.25
    R. Arm 12.5

***4/1612***
    Weight 193
    Body Fat 32.9%
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.75
    Chest 31.75
    Waist 31
    Navel 34.25
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 26.25
    R. Thigh 26
    L. Arm 12
    R. Arm 12.5

***4/23/12***
    Weight 196.9
    Body Fat 33.9%
    BMI 26.7

Breast 37
    Chest 32
    Waist 31.5
    Navel 35.5
    Pouch 39
    Hips 45
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 25.75
    L. Arm 12.5
    R. Arm 12.5

Are you doing 40/30/30? Get the protein up try to hit the 1gr per lb of body weight. Try to get most nutrients from whole foods and not processed. I haven't checked your diary, but that may be something to think about.

Are you lifting weights? It has been two weeks, let's give it two more and go from there.

Yeah I'm doing 40/30/30. I haven't figured out how to get my protein up to 190 grams. That's a lot more calories to get in especially on days that I don't exercise. I'm still tweaking my menu though in order to delete some of the processed foods from it.. I hit Sam's Club today. Going to hit it again this week-end.

Yep I'm lifting every other day and doing cardio on the days in between...one day off. I'm not giving up. I'm good. :drinker:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My weight had been going up from this change, but yesterday i was down 1 lb, and today down one more.. 1 more lb till I'm back to the # I started at (11 lbs down) when I started upping.. Hope this trend continues!!
    May 7th is my measuring date (once a month), so i will update after that!

:)