Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    bumping for when I have time to contribute my data. This could be just the thread I need for motivation.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Wanted to update that today I've hit my 'goal weight' today -- granted, the number means much, much less to me now than it did back in January when I picked it, but, none-the-less - here it is:

SW: 193.2
    CW: 175.1
    (I'm 6'0" tall)

What's best, however, is that the last time I was 175 I looked MUCH different. This new 175 is full of growing muscles, and tightening abs, where the old 175 was just ... there. This new one is lifting heavy and focusing on NSV's, while the old one just dieted, did cardio and never looked twice at a dumbbell. Sure, I look 'slender' at both the new and old 175's, but at this new 175 I'm actually fitting into smaller clothes than I was before and I personally think I look healthier and smaller than I did before. And considering that I've lost over 4.2% body fat in the last 4 months, but gained Lean Muscle, I'm pretty sure that this new 175 could kick old 175's *kitten* no problem.

So, cheers! Cheers to 2000+ calories a day. Cheers to ignoring the scale and continuing to build a better body. And Cheers to EATING! :smile:

Congratulations!! Yay! That is what I want to lose is Bodyfat. Yes I want my weight off but I don't want to be skinny fat after all my work. Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's my stats so far. I'm going to use fat2fit's TDEE for a moderately active person (gym for cardio and body weight exercises for 50 minutes, 3 to 5 times a week...do you think that counts as moderate?) based on 203 pounds, 43 year old female, 67 inches tall, weighing 203 pounds with a goal of 160 pounds.

I count my starting stats as Nov 2010 when I weighed my all time heaviest. At that time my calorie intake was unrestricted, I have no idea what an average day might have been! I started using MFP regularly in March 2012 and recorded an average calorie intake of 2000 (average net was around 1630).Today I am using 2200 calories per day as per fat2fit and I won't be eating back exercise calories (as they are built in?) unless I go below my BMR of 1651. Given that I burn around 500 on a workout day my net will be just a little above what it was in March on my 3-5 workout days. We'll see how it goes. This number crunching is stressful, I so want to get it right, but I know it's all estimates and I have to find my own 'sweet spot' :laugh:

The other stats given below are today's.
    Here goes!

Nov 2010
    211 pounds
    Bust 116 cm
    Under bust - ? no measurement taken
    Waist 101.5
    Tummy 111
    Hips 120
    Hips and Bum ?
    Upper thigh 67.75
    Mid thigh ?
    Lower thigh ?
    Arm, relaxed ?

And today,
    203 pounds ( down 8 pounds)
    Bust 108 (-8cm)
    Under bust 88
    Waist 89.5 (-12cm)
    Tummy 99 (-12cm)
    Hips 110 (-10)
    Hips and bum 112
    upper thigh 66.5 (-1.25)
    mid thigh 56
    lower thigh 46
    arm (relaxed) 34.5

I feel better already, I keep beating myself up about not many results so far this year, but if I look at the bigger picture and compare myself to the 41 year old me I AM making changes :smile:

How often are you coming back to give updates?
  • chersheppard
    chersheppard Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started 7 days ago.

I'm down 2lbs when I weighed in today.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    After nearly 2 months of no weight loss on my low calorie diet.. I started just over a week ago on the eat more plan. I thought I would gain some weight.. but to my surprise I've lost nearly 3 pounds. I've upped the water intake, exercise and done some weights which I'm sure help.. but I have no crazy cravings anymore and just a general sense of calm in my approach to food. That is new and fantastic!

I am SO glad I discovered this group.. I think the concept and inspiration is going to be life-changing for me.
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    my hips and bust went down about 3/4" each over the past several weeks. Slow progress is still progress. Waiting for my waist to get the memo...:tongue:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    my hips and bust went down about 3/4" each over the past several weeks. Slow progress is still progress. Waiting for my waist to get the memo...:tongue:

ROFL...it will! Especially when you relax in the journey...:-)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    After nearly 2 months of no weight loss on my low calorie diet.. I started just over a week ago on the eat more plan. I thought I would gain some weight.. but to my surprise I've lost nearly 3 pounds. I've upped the water intake, exercise and done some weights which I'm sure help.. but I have no crazy cravings anymore and just a general sense of calm in my approach to food. That is new and fantastic!

I am SO glad I discovered this group.. I think the concept and inspiration is going to be life-changing for me.

WOW that is awesome!! I get so motivated reading all of these successes!
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    I started 7 days ago.

I'm down 2lbs when I weighed in today.

YAY Cher!!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    I just took my measurements after one week and I am down 2.25 inches between my belly, hips and chest. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so I'll update you on that tomorrow!

I can't even describe how happy I am to have found this group and the information Lucia and kiki have shared!!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm down .8 pounds today after a 10 week plateau! Also down .6% body fat and a half inch off my waist!

It took some time but I finally found my magic number of calories! Thank you for all the info and continued support in this group!
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Copying this from my other post to include in this sticky topic:

Here is what my first 4 week trend looked like:

Week One (2000 cal): Down 5 lbs
    Week Two (2200 cal): Up 4 lbs to -1 net
    Week Three (2200 cal): Stable at -1 net
    Week Four (2200 cal): Down 4 lbs to -5 net

Week one I was too stuffed to really exercise. Week 2 was a chaotic travel-for-work week, but I was on my feet and moving pretty constantly. I was back at my desk week 3 and 4 but I started lifting at the beginning of week three, and I started lifting heavy at the beginning of week 4.

I measured at the end of week two and at the end of week four:

week2 week 4
    neck 13.5 13
    waist 30 29
    naval 34.5 33
    gut 35.75 35.5
    full hips 43.5 43.5
    left bicep 12 11.75
    left forearm 10.5 10.25
    chest high 33 32.5
    below bust 30.5 30
    bust 39 38
    left thigh 24.25 24.25
    wrist 6.375 6.375
    ankle 8.75 8.75

Soooo.... That's 5.75"!!!! across the million points that I measure. Holy cow! Right now is the first time I've been able to sit down and tally that up.

It seems I'm only losing from my upper body, but I guess that doesn't really surprise me. My lower body is already very muscular and strong (not that there isn't still some fat there I'd like to lose) from my half marathon training, and from months of physical therapy for my hip. I would like to thank my physical therapist for my amazing glutes. :)
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I started upping my calories on 4/19 to 1800 and then on 4/30 I upped them to 1977

Height: 5' 5.5"

My KM BMR is 1705 and my TDEE 1977 according to the F2F website for a goal weight of 160

Starting wt 4/19: 222.8 Current wt 5/6: 220

Hips: 44.5" 5/6 - 44"

Wst: 33.5" 5/6 - 32.5"

Abs: 40" 5/6 - 38.5

Thgh: 26.5" 5/6 - 26"

Arm: n/a 5/6 - 12"

Bust: 39" 5/6 - 38"

BF: 40.1% 5/6 - 38.4%

I definitely love this way of eating!! I'm no longer starving and my nails are no longer splitting or chipping. And my hair is softer and not coming out in clumps!

I wish I would have known about this years ago because I probably wouldn't be in the boat that I'm in now!! :-)

Anita
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    So this morning was my once a month measurement date.

I'm only down 0.4 lbs since last months weigh in - although it has been a bit lower through the month.
    But ive lost 3% Body fat and 3 inches overall.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hello all,so today is my first day of increased calories..really nervous and hope I'm doing the right number of calories:

I'm 31
    5'5
    my starting weight was 245
    I'm now at 220
    my goal weight is 130

Hips:50
    Waist:40
    Thighs:27
    Chest:42
    Biceps:15.5

I exercise atleast everyday for atleast 20 minutes,right now I'm doing Turbo Jam,and 30DS and according to the website I used from scoobyworkshop.com my TDEE with a 25% cut at 30/40/30 I should be eating 2288,I only put in workout from 3-5 days because somedays my workouts are not all that strenous so rather than figure high I would rather figure low.
  • amandasowards
    Options
    Hey everyone! Today is my 1st attempt to follow this plan. I started using MFP again in January with a goal to lose about 40lbs by my 30th bday which is in July. I joined the gym and have been going 4 days a week for an hour doing mostly cardio since I know nothing about lifting weights and the machines kind of intimidate me. I was doing well for a while and I think I just got burned out by eating 1200 cals and not eating back much of anything I gained from exercise, so for the last month I have been on a binge and just eating whatever I want and not caring. I have since gained back about 8lbs :( According to the website my BMR is 1398, my TDEE is 2167, and with my 15% cut its 1842. I am unsure as to whether or not I should do the Metabolic Reset or just begin the program since I have already been eating way over what I should be for the last month.

SW: 202.6
    CW: 197
    GW: 145

waist:
    1/17 36.5
    2/7 34

hips:
    1/17 50
    2/7 49.5
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    3/26/12: SW: 232
    4/7/12: 230.2 2200 calories (assumed maintenance with eating back exercise calories)
    4/18/12: 229 2200 calories
    4/23/12: 229 (cut by 15% from assumed maintenance calories - 1870 with eating back exercise calories)
    4/30/12: 228.8 (I have been dealing with a knee injury and went on a small trip so I will be slowly upping my exercise this week)
    5/7/12: 228 Still having some knee pain so I won't include inches until I have been able to increase my exercise. I have started to slowly start to exercise but am limited right now.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    4 weeks in now - eating 1800-1900 cals.
    1st week - up 1.2
    2nd week - down 3.4
    3rd week - up 3.2 (TOM week)
    4th week - down .8

So total 4th week done I'm down .2lbs. Waist down 1 inch. Hopefully this next 4 weeks will get things moving. I've been hovering between 155-160 since January!!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update for me... Im at the end of my 9th week of eating more.. with about 5 weeks being at my Cut....

Weight - Still playing with 3 pounds up and down.. but the scale seems to be going down again.

Inches - FINALLY got some inches lost at this month's check. I have lost 3 inches all around with 1.5 of those being from my waist:)

So nice to finally see it working for me:)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update for me... Im at the end of my 9th week of eating more.. with about 5 weeks being at my Cut....

Weight - Still playing with 3 pounds up and down.. but the scale seems to be going down again.

Inches - FINALLY got some inches lost at this month's check. I have lost 3 inches all around with 1.5 of those being from my waist:)

So nice to finally see it working for me:)

Awesome...inches lost are so huge and sometimes so undervalued because in our minds if it isn't reflected on the scale then it doesn't matter. But when you think about an inch and a half of fat gone, it should make you jump for joy! I am jumping for ya!:flowerforyou: