• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    4 weeks in now - eating 1800-1900 cals.
    1st week - up 1.2
    2nd week - down 3.4
    3rd week - up 3.2 (TOM week)
    4th week - down .8

So total 4th week done I'm down .2lbs. Waist down 1 inch. Hopefully this next 4 weeks will get things moving. I've been hovering between 155-160 since January!!!

Nice progress...you are doing great!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm over a month into the process and up 4-7 lbs depending on the day. I just started lifting weights last week and will begin New Rules next week. I do feel better physical.

I'm at 1969 calories a day, and I'm not gonna lie........ it's hard to see the scale and feel myself getting bigger. I've decided to track weight daily on the hacker site to notice trends associated with weight training and sodium, etc. As the scales holds a lot of power over me and I need to change my relationship with it :)

Hopefully my next update with be with some inches or pounds down.
  • jwkime
    jwkime Posts: 37
    Options
    I upped my calories two weeks ago to 1500 (from 1200). I tried to ease into it because the scale has emotional power over me - something I need to work on. Even though I "tried" to ease into it, I'm weighing in today 5 lbs heavier with no change in measurements, so I figured wth I may as well jump in with both feet now. I'm upping my calories today to 1900 and am terrified.....Our 10 year "honeymoon" (we never got one due to deployments to Iraq) is this November and I really want to feel comfortable in my skin at that point, so we can enjoy our tropical vacation.

Current stats: 34 year old mom of 3 ages 6, 4, and 2
    Height: 5' 7
    Weight: 162 (was 157 when I upped my calories)
    Goal weight was approximately 140 (pre-babies weight), but is negotiable if I can put on some muscle.

BMR: 1508
    TDEE: 2337
    Cut: 1986

I workout 5 to 6 days a week. Currently 4 days ST with Jamie Eason's LiveFit plan (I do not follow the meal plan), 5 to 6 days cardio (lighter now since the LiveFit plan calls for NO cardio the first month - I couldn't give it up!).

I try and mostly clean, have recently started eating poultry after being veg for 17 years. I was having a hard time with my protein intake and was willing to make the change to get my macros in a better place....

Scared as heck and willing to take any suggestions/recommendations with an open mind! Thanks!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've been upping my calories slowly over the last couple of weeks and after a small initial gain, I'm down over 4 pounds already. I also just tried on my size 16s and fit in easily with minimal muffin toppage. Last time I tried them on I could barely squeeze in to them and had ultra muffin top going on!! (FYI, I started out after my son was born and the immediate baby weight was off in a size 22!!!)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I upped my calories two weeks ago to 1500 (from 1200). I tried to ease into it because the scale has emotional power over me - something I need to work on. Even though I "tried" to ease into it, I'm weighing in today 5 lbs heavier with no change in measurements, so I figured wth I may as well jump in with both feet now. I'm upping my calories today to 1900 and am terrified.....Our 10 year "honeymoon" (we never got one due to deployments to Iraq) is this November and I really want to feel comfortable in my skin at that point, so we can enjoy our tropical vacation.

Current stats: 34 year old mom of 3 ages 6, 4, and 2
    Height: 5' 7
    Weight: 162 (was 157 when I upped my calories)
    Goal weight was approximately 140 (pre-babies weight), but is negotiable if I can put on some muscle.

BMR: 1508
    TDEE: 2337
    Cut: 1986

I workout 5 to 6 days a week. Currently 4 days ST with Jamie Eason's LiveFit plan (I do not follow the meal plan), 5 to 6 days cardio (lighter now since the LiveFit plan calls for NO cardio the first month - I couldn't give it up!).

I try and mostly clean, have recently started eating poultry after being veg for 17 years. I was having a hard time with my protein intake and was willing to make the change to get my macros in a better place....

Scared as heck and willing to take any suggestions/recommendations with an open mind! Thanks!

Hey lady,

We are almost the same height and my goal had always been 140lbs- 145lbs...well I want to tell you to, please keep an open mind to the weight amount and focus more on your goal size...reason I say that, with heavy lifting, I have more muscle mass now so I am around 154lbs...well anywhere from 154lbs to 157lbs depnding on water retention lol...but I am wearing some of the clothes I did when I was my smallest.

Are you lifting weights...trust me, if you aren't...go for it.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Hi,

I'm over a month into the process and up 4-7 lbs depending on the day. I just started lifting weights last week and will begin New Rules next week. I do feel better physical.

I'm at 1969 calories a day, and I'm not gonna lie........ it's hard to see the scale and feel myself getting bigger. I've decided to track weight daily on the hacker site to notice trends associated with weight training and sodium, etc. As the scales holds a lot of power over me and I need to change my relationship with it :)

Ruby, trust the process. In two weeks, follow up with me and give me all details...ok?
  • jwkime
    jwkime Posts: 37
    Options
    [/quote]

Hey lady,

We are almost the same height and my goal had always been 140lbs- 145lbs...well I want to tell you to, please keep an open mind to the weight amount and focus more on your goal size...reason I say that, with heavy lifting, I have more muscle mass now so I am around 154lbs...well anywhere from 154lbs to 157lbs depnding on water retention lol...but I am wearing some of the clothes I did when I was my smallest.

[/quote]

Thanks for your insight! I am lifting - following Jamie Eason's LiveFit plan on Bodybuilding.com right now. I'm two weeks into that right now, and plan to do it for a while longer, but maybe not the full 12 weeks. I have a home gym, up to 35# DB and a universal weight machine plus a treadmill. I've been lifting for about a year, but probably more moderate than heavy. I'd like to get into heavy lifting, but may need to get some more equipment as I progress :)
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Hey lady,

[/quote]

Thanks for your insight! I am lifting - following Jamie Eason's LiveFit plan on Bodybuilding.com right now. I'm two weeks into that right now, and plan to do it for a while longer, but maybe not the full 12 weeks. I have a home gym, up to 35# DB and a universal weight machine plus a treadmill. I've been lifting for about a year, but probably more moderate than heavy. I'd like to get into heavy lifting, but may need to get some more equipment as I progress :)
    [/quote]

Oh yes! Go (safely of course) from moderate to the heavy...that will transform you in the manner you are seeking I believe...you won't be worried about the scale because you will be happy with what you see in the mirror.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    No change after 8 days....but then, I haven't taken any exercise because I've had a head cold. I tried a little lifting and some squats, but I felt really bad and it sent my heart racing more than usual. Interestingly though, I feel bad for NOT doing any exercise too! Guess that's a good sign that exercise is becoming a permanent part of my life, so I'll hang onto that int he absence of any change on the tape measure :-)

So, as before:

Nov 2010
    211 pounds
    Bust 116 cm
    Under bust - ? no measurement taken
    Waist 101.5
    Tummy 111
    Hips 120
    Hips and Bum ?
    Upper thigh 67.75
    Mid thigh ?
    Lower thigh ?
    Arm, relaxed ?

3rd May 2012
    203 pounds ( down 8 pounds)
    Bust 108 (-8cm)
    Under bust 88
    Waist 89.5 (-12cm)
    Tummy 99 (-12cm)
    Hips 110 (-10)
    Hips and bum 112
    upper thigh 66.5 (-1.25)
    mid thigh 56
    lower thigh 46
    arm (relaxed) 34.5

Today: as above....but I haven't weighed. I refuse to, it's demotivating so I will only weigh once a month (big step, I used to weigh daily!)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Ruby, trust the process. In two weeks, follow up with me and give me all details...ok?

Lucia, you have me all in.......I've got nothing to lose and I'm so exhausted from dieting since I was in middle school. I'll deinately update in two weeks. Thanks for all your help:flowerforyou:
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2.2 lbs, but I'm down 1" overall! :drinker:

And that makes me a happy camper!!!
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Okay, I'm at the end of 2 weeks! I'm so incredibly happy! I love eating food!!! I started at 141, went up to 143 the first week but I'm now down to 140.5 with some inches lost!!

Starting Stats
    weight 141
    Neck: 12.5
    Bust: 33.25
    Bicep: 11.75
    Forearm:10
    Waist: at smallest point 28.5
    Hips: 41
    Thigh: 24
    Calf: 15

NOW!!
    Weight: 140.5
    Bust: 32.75
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 40
    Thigh: 22 (OMG)
    Calf:14

Although I really hope my bust doesn't shrink anymore, I can't complain!! I have always had trouble with my hips/thighs so I was super happy to see the inches lost in those areas :) I'm starting to think eating more really does work!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Okay, I'm at the end of 2 weeks! I'm so incredibly happy! I love eating food!!! I started at 141, went up to 143 the first week but I'm now down to 140.5 with some inches lost!!

Starting Stats
    weight 141

NOW!!

Although I really hope my bust doesn't shrink anymore, I can't complain!! I have always had trouble with my hips/thighs so I was super happy to see the inches lost in those areas :) I'm starting to think eating more really does work!

Wow, think about all the FAT you just lost....WOWOWOWOW!!!!

Awesome lady, keep up the great work!
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Starting Stats
    weight 141

NOW!!

Wow, that's awesome. I want your thigh measurement- LOL!! Great results.
  • macnurseapril
    macnurseapril Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Quick update:

Started EM2WL March 28 2012

Wt: 270
    Bust 42 (under bust)
    Waist 53

Today
    Bust 40
    Waist 50

I need to measure other things and compare them to old measurments.

But, it's working :)

I think I'm gonna wait a week and the readjust my BMR and TDEE we'll see though, if things keep happening this way, I'll carry on for a while. I'm eating 2600-2900 cals a day.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I'm down again today!

In 2.5 weeks of EMTWL I have lost 3 lbs. That's how much I was losing at 1200 before I plateaued. This just amazes me.

I always thought I was that person that eating more wouldn't work for me. I figured I would gain right away or just maintain because obviously I was gaining weight eating more before...but i was doing it all wrong. Starving myself some days and then binging once or twice a week. And not eating the right foods.

Also my BF% went from 40.3 to 39.8 (just in the last week because I've only had a BF% scale for about a week or so.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yay HeidiHoMom!!!! Excellent news!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Wow, just awesome ladies!
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So, I'm just over a week into really getting fully into the eat more philosophy. I thought I would just share my results so far:

Waist: down 1 inch
    Hips: down 1 inch
    Neck: down 1/10 inch

Weight up 1.4lbs

Body fat %: down 1%

I'm hitting over my BMR pretty much every day now. I haven't really hit my calorie goal consistently, but I'm working up to it. I've cut back on the cardio. The stormy weather lately has kind of forced my hand on that one. I'm starting to increase my strength training. So far, though the scale doesn't show it, I'm having pretty solid success.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    So, I'm just over a week into really getting fully into the eat more philosophy. I thought I would just share my results so far:

Waist: down 1 inch
    Hips: down 1 inch
    Neck: down 1/10 inch

Weight up 1.4lbs

Body fat %: down 1%

I'm hitting over my BMR pretty much every day now. I haven't really hit my calorie goal consistently, but I'm working up to it. I've cut back on the cardio. The stormy weather lately has kind of forced my hand on that one. I'm starting to increase my strength training. So far, though the scale doesn't show it, I'm having pretty solid success.

Great work!