Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Another 1.5 kilos lost (3.3 pounds)

Edited to add I am at 9 kilos lost all up. When I get to 12.5 kilos lost am a quarter way there. I can't wait for that milestone!

Jade- you're doing so well! Very proud of you!!!
    *pat pat* lol :D
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Reply@ Keria

Sounds like a sane plan. We will be there to hold your hand! :) It can feel confronting to up calories but I havent regretted it.
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options
    Reply to vonalj

Great news. Hope the doctors appointment gives you more good news too.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Reply@ Keria

Sounds like a sane plan. We will be there to hold your hand! :) It can feel confronting to up calories but I havent regretted it.

Thanks, I know it hasn't been a week yet but I wanted to let you all know that yes when I started to eat at maintenance according to MFP (2200) I went up to my high of the last half year. Really no biggy since it is a number I was seeing once in a while but still it had been a while. It stayed there for maybe 2 days and now is going down to my middle range where I was when I upped to maintenance. I went ahead and brought my weight on MFP up so today I am showing a loss. So I am thrilled at eating more and not gaining in the end. Considering that the setting for losing was too low for me it is even possible I may lose at this setting.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My results for march following the "lower calorie, higher exercise" plan? I GAINED 1 pound, and lost 1 inch, overall. I lost 2 from my waist, and somehow gained one in my hips. I am attributing that to TOM showing up next week and a little bloating. Probably accounts for the pound gained too. So, in a nut shell, march was a bust and I have nothing much to show for my hard work at the gym and my depressing dinners.

Today starts the "eating more" plan. I have been reading "go up to maintenance" at first... but I'm not entirely sure how I can put almost 3000 calories down my throat without eating a lot of junk... I could always snack on the unsalted cashews I got and put peanut butter on everything... I did get protein powder, and already plan on mixing that with vanilla ice cream as an after workout shake! It's a good problem to have! But, I decided to go to a (less difficult, but still crazy high) 2657 (which is 15% cut from a moderate TDEE) and if later on I need to change that, I will.

Measurements:
    Weight: 272
    Neck: 16
    Bust: 51
    Waist: 45
    Belly button: 49.5
    Hips: 54

I am the perfect example of an apple!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    March Results:

Pounds Lost - 2.4 (as of 3/27, will weigh in again 4/9)
    Inches lost - 1.0
    Body Fat - 23% (I don't remember February numbers, but I think it was around 24%)
    Net Calories - averaging less than 1400
    BMR - 1578
    TDEE - 1728

Feeling pretty good eating, but obviously need to eat more. Will work on that for April.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm down a pound point 2 this morning.

I just run the numbers again for my Dear Hubby, as he is struggling with this too. (using http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced).
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    3/26/12: SW: 232
    4/7/12: CW: 230.2
    I am still in maintenance calories and 230 is within my fluctuations of the last few months but nice to see the weight settling down. I usually measure about once a month.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    so out came the scales today, its been 4 weeks since i have been eating more :)
    Honestly i find it amazing that i wasn't hungry on 1200 cals, Now when i reach that number i have no idea how i survived LOL
    I am truly LOVING eating more!!

Normally my official weigh in is on a wednesday.
    Because i had a goal to be 60kg for my 40th birthday i didn't log that weight but it was 59.6kg

The official weigh in for the wednesday before the scales went away as i had started eating more and wasn't risking eating less if i saw a gain, i was stunned it wasn't really a gain after my 3 day birthday splurge LOL

March 21st 60.1kg

April 11th 59.6kg

I havent done measurements and will do them on saturday i think :)

So my cut is around 1700, i make sure i net my BMR which is around 1300 going by different calculators.

Most days i have grossed around 1600 to 1700.

So does this maintenance mean that i have been lucky and haven't really done much damage to my 7months of grossing 1200 cals (apart from my once a week splurge day where it was who knows what as i wasn't tracking)

So keeping in mind i need to lose about 5kg to get to the middle of my BMI, however my ultimate goal is to lose the fat on my belly and tone up. So really the actual number on the scales isn't the biggest issue, but rather the toning. I do have a nice layer of fat on my belly, yep the type you can grab LOL

Not sure now with the whole resetting of metabolism and cut and what not LOL

Or should i just keep doing what i am doing for another few weeks and then re *kitten*?
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd add it here as well :)

Start Measurements:
    Weight: 272
    Bust: 51
    Waist: 45
    Belly button: 49.5
    Hips: 54
    R. Bicep: 15.5
    R. Thigh: 29
    R. Calf: 18.5

Week 1 Results:
    Weight: ? <- not gonna weigh until May 1
    Bust: 50.5 (-0.5)
    Waist: 44 (-1.0)
    Belly button: 49 (-0.5)
    Hips: 53 (-1.0)
    R. Bicep: 16.5 (+1.0)
    R. Thigh: 28 (-1.0)
    R. Calf: 18.5 (0)

Overall 3 inches gone! :) (it would be 4 but apparently my biceps/triceps are getting buff!)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Since I changed my calorie intake 2 weeks ago, I have lost 3 pounds and 6.5 inches throughout. I've dropped one pant size and my shirts and sports bras are feeling lose. Oh, and my panties keep falling down into my pants. LOL!!! Thanks guys for all of the great advice.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Since I changed my calorie intake 2 weeks ago, I have lost 3 pounds and 6.5 inches throughout. I've dropped one pant size and my shirts and sports bras are feeling lose. Oh, and my panties keep falling down into my pants. LOL!!! Thanks guys for all of the great advice.

ROFL...that is awesome
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Whew, up down and all around...vacay, then TOM, and high sodium...I am finally within .8 of getting back to lowest weight. Trending down nicely I must say...yay!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Honestly i find it amazing that i wasn't hungry on 1200 cals, Now when i reach that number i have no idea how i survived LOL

Because i had a goal to be 60kg for my 40th birthday i didn't log that weight but it was 59.6kg

The official weigh in for the wednesday before the scales went away as i had started eating more and wasn't risking eating less if i saw a gain, i was stunned it wasn't really a gain after my 3 day birthday splurge LOL

March 21st 60.1kg

April 11th 59.6kg

So my cut is around 1700, i make sure i net my BMR which is around 1300 going by different calculators.

So does this maintenance mean that i have been lucky and haven't really done much damage to my 7months of grossing 1200 cals (apart from my once a week splurge day where it was who knows what as i wasn't tracking)

So keeping in mind i need to lose about 5kg to get to the middle of my BMI, however my ultimate goal is to lose the fat on my belly and tone up. So really the actual number on the scales isn't the biggest issue, but rather the toning. I do have a nice layer of fat on my belly, yep the type you can grab LOL

Or should i just keep doing what i am doing for another few weeks and then re *kitten*?

Maintenance is good, sounds like your body is going for a reset anyway. If after a few weeks, you still find that you're maintaining.....You may want to just give it what it wants and up the cals to maintenance for a while, and then drop back down to deficit cals.

But be sure to take measurements, because if after a few weeks, scale weight is unchanged, but measurements are, then just stay the course, as is ;)

~Kiki
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options

March 21st 60.1kg

April 11th 59.6kg

Maintenance is good, sounds like your body is going for a reset anyway. If after a few weeks, you still find that you're maintaining.....You may want to just give it what it wants and up the cals to maintenance for a while, and then drop back down to deficit cals.

But be sure to take measurements, because if after a few weeks, scale weight is unchanged, but measurements are, then just stay the course, as is ;)

~Kiki

Thanks Kiki :)

I plan on taking my measurement this saturday after my long run, which is when i did them 3 weeks ago.

I really have to watch that silly habit i have of holding onto my food!!
    Most days i have been ok and spread my food out, but some days that old habit of holding onto my food for fear of getting hungry at the end of the day and having no cals left, then coming to the end of the day and realising i have an extra 500cals to eat AFTER dinner!! Is not good and i end up feeling icky going to bed LOL

So today i have a heap of food planned to have during the day and still about 300calories to have for afternoon tea with my coffee and something after dinner if i want it :)
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options
    Dropped 1.2 kilos (2.64 pounds)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

WOOOHOOO! (yeah, I said it twice lol)

I lost a pound :D First real weight loss since upping my cals and I'm excited and optimisticly realistic. haha
    I'm now below 260 :D
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options

WOOOHOOO! (yeah, I said it twice lol)

I lost a pound :D First real weight loss since upping my cals and I'm excited and optimisticly realistic. haha
    I'm now below 260 :D

yay Gemi! That is great.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Prior to 04/09/12 I was stalled out at 170 with a (you guessed it) 1200 cal/day net intake.

Starting 04/09, I adjusted my net goal to 2082 (My TDEE plus an additional 200 calories to account for breastfeeding).

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

I will add measurements soon!
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options
    Prior to 04/09/12 I was stalled out at 170 with a (you guessed it) 1200 cal/day net intake.

Starting 04/09, I adjusted my net goal to 2082 (My TDEE plus an additional 200 calories to account for breastfeeding).

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

I will add measurements soon!

Thats fantastic. Great to hear! :)