Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the upped cals. I just went for it, so I may see something scary come 'weigh in" time on Friday. :)
    I thought the upping by 50 or 100cals per week for a month or more was just pulling the band-aid that's stuck to the wound off a mm at a time---waiting 5 minutes and doing another mm, ect.

I'm having to keep an eye on my blood sugar and so far so good. When I get the cals, macros and exercise all figured out--wow! I can hardly wait.

I *feel* really well. I was a lttle bloated-feeling the first day, but feel great since.

I *am* going to have to think further about the spacing of meals/calories. I added a post-workout snack today. Had a string cheese and a turkey patty....figured it should be protein, but wasn't sure *what* since I don't have protein powder to use in a green smoothie yet.

I'm really excited watching everyone's progress!
    Lori

PS: Lucia....wow!! That's all I can say about your "back pic"....WOW! I want to be you when I grow up! :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Since Jan 15th I've lost a total of 6.0lbs (went up 1.2lbs this week but I sure don't see it...lol) and 1.5 in off waist, a half in off thighs, and an inch off hips...yay!
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Since Jan 15th I've lost a total of 6.0lbs (went up 1.2lbs this week but I sure don't see it...lol) and 1.5 in off waist, a half in off thighs, and an inch off hips...yay!

Could you give me some tips on determining my numbers?
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Could you give me some tips on determining my numbers?

Hey lady I'm not sure which numbers you are referrng to?
  • tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Upped my cal to 1800 (plus I eat my exercise cals) and lost 1.8 this week! Super excited!
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    Hi ALL,

I just joined Eat More Weigh Less Group moments ago. So I will provide my measurements and stats either later today or sometime tomorrow.

So glad to I joined and looking forward in seeing all of us losing the unwanted excess!!! Thanks Everyone!

Sincerely,
    Leah (aka debtfre12)
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just started the Eat More Weigh Less method at the end of Feb and on March 1, I decided to take my measurements just to have a starting point:

Arms-13in. left, 13 in. right

Thighs-22.5in left, 22 right

Calves-15.5in left, 15 right

Waist-30.5in

Chest-33in

Bust-37in

Hips-38

Today (2 weeks later) I took my measurements again after increasing my daily food intake to 1800-2000 cals, decreasing cardio, and increasing weights:

Arms-12.5in left, 12.75in right

Thighs-21.75in left, 21.5in right

Calves-14in left, 14in right

Waist-29.5in

Chest-31.75in

Bust-36.75in

Hips-38in

For a total loss of 7.5 inches in just 15 days! :)
  • LoriInIowa
    Options
    Color me EXCITED! :) Today, I reached 73 lbs. gone! Granted it's taken 2 1/2 years for that. :)

From Jan-March I had stayed at the same weight (or up and down the same 3 pounds), so stepping on the scales for the *first* time since upping my calories was fraught with peril. :) After Kiki's wise caution about "what to expect" I was a little scared. I hadn't been "starving" myself, but I had definetly not been FUELING myself either for how much I was working out. I really WAS scared that I'd lose my resolve if I saw a 10 lb. gain or something. I almost didn't do my weigh-in this morning, but I actually decided to because I've been waking up feeling awesome!! :)

When I started MFP, I made a pact with myself that I would NOT weigh more than once a week...and if it made me too psycho doing even that--I would go two weeks. :)

So, a week into EMTWL, I'm down 1.5 pounds *AND* 1/2 inch off my waist!! :) YAHHOOOOOO!!!

Only measure once a month and I was two weeks away from "measure day" when I started EMTWL, so I thought I'd just check it out today.
  • LoriInIowa
    Options
    Upped my cal to 1800 (plus I eat my exercise cals) and lost 1.8 this week! Super excited!

Tara,
    I'm so happy for you!!

Here's to GOOD health! For a LIFEtime!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Wow, just makes me smile...congrats to all!!!!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I joined the group yesterday afternoon and upped my calories to 1470 from 1390. Babysteps for me as I am hoping this will minimize initial gain - I can't gain too much or I won't fit into my pants!

My BMR is 1450 and I have to go recalculate my TDEE again because I'm still not sure on my numbers. All I know is that I'm tired of getting to the point where I'm bouncing between a few pounds then getting tired and irritable. I'm sure my family is too.

Weigh in this morning was 208.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options

So, a week into EMTWL, I'm down 1.5 pounds *AND* 1/2 inch off my waist!! :) YAHHOOOOOO!!!

Only measure once a month and I was two weeks away from "measure day" when I started EMTWL, so I thought I'd just check it out today.

Yay, Lori!!! Thats amazing. So happy for you!

Keep on fueling the machine!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    For the last 12 days, I have been eating anywhere from 1800-2500, depending on my workouts. As of today, I have lost 2lbs! Also, I want to mention I am 5'6" and 158lbs. I know there are countless women on here who weigh much more than me but are eating way less. Makes me sad. There's no need to starve to lose weight! :happy:
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    For the last 12 days, I have been eating anywhere from 1800-2500, depending on my workouts. As of today, I have lost 2lbs! Also, I want to mention I am 5'6" and 158lbs. I know there are countless women on here who weigh much more than me but are eating way less. Makes me sad. There's no need to starve to lose weight! :happy:

Wow, just absolutely awesome. Congrats!

Hopefully you can share all you are doing and they will have to give it a go!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I tell you this is truly a process you must be patient as you are going through it. I was eating 1800 as my cut and then hit plateau. I knew I couldn't go down in cals so time to go up. I started eating 1900 and dropped back down after a fcew days then went back up and for four weeks I was up 4lbs, then back down to a net of 1.2lbs up. During that time I struggled with high sodium, there was heavy lifting, and TOM was in there too. So yesterday I am rethinking and recalculating tdee and everything is saying 1900 is a good number. I have even had to eat over Net BMR on workout days because I was hungry. I haven't heavy lifted since Monday and yesterday was a non-gym day but I ran around a lot and 1900 didn't cut it, I had to eat more...well this morning not only was the 1.2lbs gone, so was an additional half pound!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased that I haven't gained... after about a week of eating right around 1900 per day (I'm "allowed" 2100, but I've been netting about 1900) I am still at 223.2.

And that's after eating a half a vegan pizza yesterday, too... so, I imagine there is some bloat involved.

Here is "starting" measurements, from this point:

Neck: 13.5" (why am I measuring my neck?)

Bust: 44

Waist: 40

Hips: 46 (this is always a hard spot for me to measure... where exactly do I measure? I have a roll that gets in the way... do I measure the roll, or move it to measure the classic hip spot? this number is a compromise)

Upper arm: 14"

Thigh: 28"

Calf: 14.5"

Okay, there's my "starting" point.
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I upped my calories on 10 March ( I was on 1200) and hadn't budged in over 7 weeks even though I was doing cardio 6 days a week! S I decided to start lifting on 10th and with that upped my calories...no inches lost, forstw eek felt 'fatter', weighed myself 2 days ago and have lost .6 pounds! S am pleased and also am on a real high for the strength I feel! I'm using 8 pound weights and ready to increase already...I'm 5ft 3 ad now weigh 129 pounds...how much weight are you all lifting? Would love to hear your lifting /strength routine
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really discouraged. I don't know if I am upping enough but I have been bouncing back and forth between 180.2 and 182.6 lbs for almost a month now. No matter what I do.

I have done so many calculators I do not know what to do. I still have 30 lbs to goal and I want to make it this time.

I work out 5 days a week doing cardio (just gave myself 2 full days off in a row to let my body recover) and I do weight lifting 4 days a week lifting moderate to heavy weights. I do lower body 2 days a week and upper body the other 2 days.

I have been trying to mix up my cardio and have gone way over calories a few days to try to confuse my body.

I am so frustrated....part of me is wanting to go back to my alternate day diet where I ate super low calories one day followed by super high the next, that was the only thing that got the scale moving.

I have read all the posts that say don't watch the scale, take measurements, see how your clothes fit etc. Well my measurements haven't changed in the last 4 weeks either and I am still wearing 12/14's. My goal size is really a 8/10 and I am so close but so far away. It is hard to stay motivated when nothing you do is working.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Well here is my 4 week update-down a solid 1 pound. I say solid because I have actually been weighing the same all week, although I'm still quite bloated. I'm hoping that once the bloat goes that will turn into more :smile: I'm going to take some progress pics later today or tomorrow so we'll see how those turn out.

I never actually threw out any stats so here they are:

Height-5'7
    SW-160
    CW-159

Waist-31, current 30.5
    Hips-40, current 40

I didn't do any other starting measurements but I did them today so I'll update the rest as I make more progress.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    @kris4chloe-are you eating back your exercise calories? I would think you must getting massive burns with big workouts like that! Its possible you could still be below your BMR even with your increased calories. I'm by no means the expert around here, but its something I've been concerned about as I've been trying this.