Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Prior to 04/09/12 I was stalled out at 170 with a (you guessed it) 1200 cal/day net intake.

Starting 04/09, I adjusted my net goal to 2082 (My TDEE plus an additional 200 calories to account for breastfeeding).

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

I will add measurements soon!

Wow that's great! Its like clockwork! :D
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Prior to 04/09/12 I was stalled out at 170 with a (you guessed it) 1200 cal/day net intake.

Starting 04/09, I adjusted my net goal to 2082 (My TDEE plus an additional 200 calories to account for breastfeeding).

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

Wow, so you jumped in ALLLLL the way I see...sweet. Glad you decided to do a metabolism reset! And you are losing at TDEE plus some...wicked!!!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Starting 3/27, I participated in a "no scale" challenge. I had been weighing myself 4 times a day - a bit obsessive. So I stayed away from the scale until this morning. My results - 1 pound gained BUT my fat percentage went down 1.4%. That means that I actually lost 1.9 pounds of fat in 17 days. I'm so happy about that because I'm really wanting to tone/sculpt my body.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

Nice work!:flowerforyou:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Starting 3/27, I participated in a "no scale" challenge. I had been weighing myself 4 times a day - a bit obsessive. So I stayed away from the scale until this morning. My results - 1 pound gained BUT my fat percentage went down 1.4%. That means that I actually lost 1.9 pounds of fat in 17 days. I'm so happy about that because I'm really wanting to tone/sculpt my body.

1.4% is awesome!!!!:smile:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

1.4% is awesome!!!!:smile:

Your telling me!

Congrats!
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

4/13 - 165

5 lbs in 3 days seems pretty unbelievable, so I'm thinking mostly water, but I'll take it!
  • gemiwing
    Options

*jaw drop* That's an amazing number! :D You're just zooming along!!
  • gemiwing
    Options

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

4/13 - 165

5 lbs in 3 days seems pretty unbelievable, so I'm thinking mostly water, but I'll take it!

Any measurements yet? I'm excited to see those :D
  • lillebanon
    Options

Awesome job! I don't think I could stay away from my scale that long!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Desirai and I'm a newbie to the eating above BMR and below TDEE. I wasn't eating below because I was trying to starve myself. I wasn't. If you look at my diary you will definitely see that I do eat. I just burn between 500-600 calories doing 60 minutes of Zumba and it would be hard for me to eat all those calories back without eating a bunch of junk. Well at least that was what I was telling myself. Now I know better. I just have to be more prepared. I am currently doing CharLean Extreme every other day so that I can change my body composition and I do cardio the days between which usually is Zumba or I brisk walk 4 miles around my local park. I've been reading lately that I really don't need much cardio but I just feel lazy when I'm sitting around not doing anything. So I try to get an hour in.

Today is the 1st day where I will try to get in more calories. I've done my diary for the day but I haven't met my protein so I will add a shake to it when I get home. I'm also going to have to add more food because I've yet to strength train. Normally I exercise in the morning but I had a job interview and wasn't able to fit it in. I will do it tonight after I get home from work. That will be an additional 300 calories. A greek yogurt will take up some of those extra calories.....just thinking as I type lol

Anyways here are my beginning stats. I took these measurements on Monday so they probably haven't changed that much. I know the weight hasn't.

Weight 192.2
    Body Fat 35% (ewwww I know)
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.5
    Chest 31.5
    Waist 31.75
    Navel 35.75
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 26.75
    L. Arm 12.25
    R. Arm 12.5

Have a awesome day everyone!!
  • lillebanon
    Options

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

4/13 - 165

Not yet. My husband accidentally collapsed the crawlspace access in my 1895 kitchen floor last night and I had to do an emergency repair. By the time I got done installing 4 new floor joists in my crawlspace and re-fitting the access hatch I was too tired to even think about trying to find my measuring tape. :noway:
    On the bright side, sawing, hammering, prying, screwing and lifting = great workout. And my kitchen floor is more rock-solid than ever...
  • ANewLucia
    Options

4/09 - 170
    4/10 - 170
    4/11 - 169
    4/12 - 167

4/13 - 165

Not yet. My husband accidentally collapsed the crawlspace access in my 1895 kitchen floor last night and I had to do an emergency repair. By the time I got done installing 4 new floor joists in my crawlspace and re-fitting the access hatch I was too tired to even think about trying to find my measuring tape. :noway:
    On the bright side, sawing, hammering, prying, screwing and lifting = great workout. And my kitchen floor is more rock-solid than ever...

Ok, you are a SUPERMOM...you so have the t-shirt!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Desirai and I'm a newbie to the eating above BMR and below TDEE. I wasn't eating below because I was trying to starve myself. I wasn't. If you look at my diary you will definitely see that I do eat. I just burn between 500-600 calories doing 60 minutes of Zumba and it would be hard for me to eat all those calories back without eating a bunch of junk. Well at least that was what I was telling myself. Now I know better. I just have to be more prepared. I am currently doing CharLean Extreme every other day so that I can change my body composition and I do cardio the days between which usually is Zumba or I brisk walk 4 miles around my local park. I've been reading lately that I really don't need much cardio but I just feel lazy when I'm sitting around not doing anything. So I try to get an hour in.

Today is the 1st day where I will try to get in more calories. I've done my diary for the day but I haven't met my protein so I will add a shake to it when I get home. I'm also going to have to add more food because I've yet to strength train. Normally I exercise in the morning but I had a job interview and wasn't able to fit it in. I will do it tonight after I get home from work. That will be an additional 300 calories. A greek yogurt will take up some of those extra calories.....just thinking as I type lol

Anyways here are my beginning stats. I took these measurements on Monday so they probably haven't changed that much. I know the weight hasn't.

Weight 192.2
    Body Fat 35% (ewwww I know)
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.5
    Chest 31.5
    Waist 31.75
    Navel 35.75
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 25.5
    R. Thigh 26.75
    L. Arm 12.25
    R. Arm 12.5

Have a awesome day everyone!!

WELCOME!
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Tangie that is just AWESOME!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OK so my measurements have slightly changed in 3 weeks :)

No change to chest, arms or waist.

1cm (0.4inches)less in the hips
    1cm (0.4inches) less in left thigh
    1.5cm (0.6)less in Right thigh

So obviously very minimal, almost feels like a fluke really LOL and more along the lines of my maintenance with the scales?

So going by the post from Kiki before i should just keep doing what i am doing for another 2 weeks and then if its still like this, i up my calories more ?
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    OK so my measurements have slightly changed in 3 weeks :)

No change to chest, arms or waist.

1cm (0.4inches)less in the hips
    1cm (0.4inches) less in left thigh
    1.5cm (0.6)less in Right thigh

So obviously very minimal, almost feels like a fluke really LOL and more along the lines of my maintenance with the scales?

So going by the post from Kiki before i should just keep doing what i am doing for another 2 weeks and then if its still like this, i up my calories more ?

Oonga I will go back and read what you are referring to, BUT, I will tell you from my experience...I went up to 1800 cals and lost at the 4 wk mare 1.3lbs, thereafter for the next 4 wks I lost total of 7.2lbs, then 4wks NOTHING...just started bouncing up and down the same 2-3lbs...so I went up in cals...I didn't think to go less because that didn't work, so I went up 100 and 4wks...I bounced the same 2-4lbs and then the 4th wk a net loss of 1.2lbs...or something like that. Anyway, I had to go up...so if you are bouncing the same couple pounds...I would say go up by 100 cals after the 2wks and do that for no less than 4wks.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lucia :)

I wore my HRM for 24 hours it was a fairly relaxed day at work even t hough it was a 12 hour shift, being the weekend everyone takes things slowly, noone needs to be out the door early etc...
    I only did a half hour walk with the dogs to recover from my 12km long run the day before.

I burnt 2400cals in the 24hours from 5:30am sunday to 5:30am this morning.

I will wear it a few more times on different activity level days to get an average :)

But it does seem as though i might be needing a bit more food *eeekkk* LOL
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    April 9th

Weight 192.2
    Body Fat 33.3%
    BMI 26.2

Breast 36.5
    Chest 31.5
    Waist 31.75
    Navel 35.75
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 26.5
    R. Thigh 26.75
    L. Arm 12.25
    R. Arm 12.5

April 16th

Weight 193
    Body Fat 32.9%
    BMI 26.4

Breast 36.75
    Chest 31.75
    Waist 31
    Navel 34.25
    Pouch 39
    Hips 44.25
    L. Thigh 26.25
    R. Thigh 26
    L. Arm 12
    R. Arm 12.5

Here are my numbers for this week. Small gains and losses.....some stand stills. I'm still at it. Today is my off day so I'm trying to come up with a daily menu.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I normally take my measurements every two weeks and this morning I decided to take my measurements and I haven't lost any inches since 3/29. I'm a lil bummed because I lost so many inches the 1st month, I got hype and now two weeks into April I haven't lost anything. I'm hopeful, I will have some losses by the end of the month. :frown: