Message I just received - if you need a laugh :)

Options

Replies

• krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    As much as women complain about not being able to find a good man, I'm really intrigued learning more about the male side of this coin.
    Simple.

Exaggerating slightly: you never receive messages, you never get replies.
    You get bored, you switch to canned messages because whether you try to type more or not, the result is roughly the same (although canned messages are faster to send, so in half an hour of work on canned messages, you should end up with more responses as opposed to half an hour of specific message).
    Anyway, you end up meeting girls you don't give a monkey about and with who you feel no connection at all (Ah! This girl replied? So what does she say anyway? Hmmm ok... Guess I can still f*** her).
    You break their "hearts" (kinda). They say men are *kitten*, and they reply even less to messages, being even more strict with their criteria.
    And so on and so forth, year after year.
    After 100 years of this, a black hole of nothingness and desperation appears and the entire universe is dissolved.

We've got to stop this now... Or else!

Great! now to add to all the other reasons for feeling ambivalent or anxious about going on a date, I have to worry that it's only happening because I am the only girl who bothered to reply!! hehe. Sweet!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    in half an hour of work on canned messages, you should end up with more responses as opposed to half an hour of specific message).
    Anyway, you end up meeting girls you don't give a monkey about and with who you feel no connection at all (Ah! This girl replied? So what does she say anyway? Hmmm ok... Guess I can still f*** her).
    You break their "hearts" (kinda). T

I don't think that's too much of an exaggeration... which is part of why I wasn't on Match very long...and why I just deleted canned messages, lol

ETA: as much as I dog out online dating, the male attention was actually good for my ego, so I'm excited my friend is going to set up a profile...she's asked me to do it with her, so look for my profile review coming in about a month or so;-)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    As much as women complain about not being able to find a good man, I'm really intrigued learning more about the male side of this coin.
    Simple.

Exaggerating slightly: you never receive messages, you never get replies.
    You get bored, you switch to canned messages because whether you try to type more or not, the result is roughly the same (although canned messages are faster to send, so in half an hour of work on canned messages, you should end up with more responses as opposed to half an hour of specific message).
    You break their "hearts" (kinda). They say men are *kitten*, and they reply even less to messages, being even more strict with their criteria.
    And so on and so forth, year after year.
    After 100 years of this, a black hole of nothingness and desperation appears and the entire universe is dissolved.

We've got to stop this now... Or else!

Important points. Although I have not put hard numbers to my dating site activity, I am able to say that the majority of emails (if I had to guess a percentage, I would guess around 80%) that I send on dating sites (have noticed little diff between free and pay sites) do not get responded to. I am not inappropriate, my grammar/spelling/punctuation is terrific and my emails are not canned, but are semi formulaic. It is evident though that I read the profile and the emails are unique.

Even if I get a response from a woman, there is no assurance that we will go out on a date. I've even had a situation where a woman asked me out over email and nothing materialized. The thing that I did notice about my paid time on Match vs free sites that if you actually did get a response on Match, you were more likely to actually meet them in person. I was near 100% on that vs the free sites.

I have a presence on POF & OkCupid now, but trying not to initiate messages. I will respond when someone initiates something. While that is more efficient, it is not necessarily more effective, at least towards the overarching goal of the process.

Hence why I am trying to wean off the dating sites.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I have a presence on POF & OkCupid now, but trying not to initiate messages. I will respond when someone initiates something. While that is more efficient, it is not necessarily more effective, at least towards the overarching goal of the process.

When I was online, I almost never emailed a guy first... I would wink or click "yes" on the pages where they show you guys and ask you to say yes, no, or maybe, but that's was about it.

I had no success with the free sites- I did connect with men, but they emailed forever and wasted my time b/c we'd never meet. I suspect most of them were married or in booring jobs, looking for diversions.

So maybe we need to find someone who used the sites effectively and have them tell us what worked....A friend of mine met a woman on Match.com that turned out they'd both grown up in the same town (since moved) and participated in one of the same missions events (so large they never actually met, but they're both in the pictures of the group). So it really worked out for them.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

When I was online, I almost never emailed a guy first... I would wink or click "yes" on the pages where they show you guys and ask you to say yes, no, or maybe, but that's was about it.

I had no success with the free sites- I did connect with men, but they emailed forever and wasted my time b/c we'd never meet. I suspect most of them were married or in booring jobs, looking for diversions.

So maybe we need to find someone who used the sites effectively and have them tell us what worked....A friend of mine met a woman on Match.com that turned out they'd both grown up in the same town (since moved) and participated in one of the same missions events (so large they never actually met, but they're both in the pictures of the group). So it really worked out for them.

See, I've heard horror stories about Match, Eharmony, POF, OKC, all of them...

Then I've heard "I met the love of my life" stories on Match, Eharmony, POF, OKC, all of them...

So it's just down to fate... I think.

Oh now I'm being sappy. :heart:
  • krissypea79
    Options

Then I've heard "I met the love of my life" stories on Match, Eharmony, POF, OKC, all of them...

I found the most creepers on the free sites (like okcupid). Never tried POF because I heard that's the "hookup" site. I feel like at least if the guys are paying for it, they are at least somewhat serious.

My cousin met his wife on match and they are a wonderful couple. My other cousin met his girlfriend on there, and they are practically married, they just had a beautiful baby. I know 4 other couples who have met on match and one on Myspace when Myspace was cool. Seems like they all pretty much met these people within weeks of signing up....yup it must be up to fate!!! Hm....maybe God's perfect match for me really IS on Christian mingle, hehehe :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    So is this our official "funny messages I just received" thread? lol

I think I'm about to block this guy. He just annoys me.

So far I have NOT responded to any of his messages. Here's the list:

"Damn NOW you are a real woman"

*crickets*

"So how is everything tonight"

*crickets*

"What's up"

*crickets*

"Ok sweetheart let's talk"

*crickets*

"Can you talk"

*crickets*

These are all in a span of a week. Don't you understand I'm ignoring you???
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This is a message i recieved on pof:

The subject line said: Your future depends on this.

You should read this message and send a reply, because this message is the message
    you were looking for when you logged on. This message is going to fulfill every
    desire you had in a relationship. The man you were looking for when you joined this
    site is the one who wrote you this message. He is waiting for your reply, but will
    not be waiting long. He has a very busy life, but needs to find someone to share it
    with. Do yourself a favor and send him a reply.

P.S. I shouldn't have to say this, but you are attractive. You already know this
    otherwise you wouldn't have put a picture up.

Really? I'm sure he thought he was so clever and probably copy and pasted that to all the girls. :grumble: One of my guy friends and I had a really good laugh at this. My friend even came up with a reply for me to send, sadly I didn't send it.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    This is a message i recieved on pof:

The subject line said: Your future depends on this.

You should read this message and send a reply, because this message is the message
    you were looking for when you logged on. This message is going to fulfill every
    desire you had in a relationship. The man you were looking for when you joined this
    site is the one who wrote you this message. He is waiting for your reply, but will
    not be waiting long. He has a very busy life, but needs to find someone to share it
    with. Do yourself a favor and send him a reply.

P.S. I shouldn't have to say this, but you are attractive. You already know this
    otherwise you wouldn't have put a picture up.

Really? I'm sure he thought he was so clever and probably copy and pasted that to all the girls. :grumble: One of my guy friends and I had a really good laugh at this. My friend even came up with a reply for me to send, sadly I didn't send it.

Ugh how creepy!!! I really think they think that their cleverness will attract you, but honestly, I feel like they are trying way too hard. I really don't find it attractive when a grown man tries to act cutesy.

I once had a guy from Louisiana (I live in NY) message me and say "I bet you didn't know that the love of your life lived in Baton Rouge, LA, did you?? Well, he does!" Grrrr. Not cute!!!
  • krissypea79
    Options
    So is this our official "funny messages I just received" thread? lol

I think I'm about to block this guy. He just annoys me.

So far I have NOT responded to any of his messages. Here's the list:

"Damn NOW you are a real woman"

*crickets*

"So how is everything tonight"

*crickets*

"What's up"

*crickets*

"Ok sweetheart let's talk"

*crickets*

"Can you talk"

*crickets*

These are all in a span of a week. Don't you understand I'm ignoring you???

I will NEVER understand those types of guys. How do they not realize they are coming across as creepy and desperate?! A guy who can't respect boundaries or take a hint, or doesn't seem to care whether or not you're interested is a creeper in my opinion!!!
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    LOL. I'm from louisiana. Probably why I end up with emails like these lol. Here's another good one.

Without a physical contact I could tell of an embodiment of gift I'm yet to meet. I like the way u noted your words and if you wouldn't mind I'll like to get to know you. I have all it takes to put up with you and I'll treat you with respect. I love intelligent people, good conversation, and a great meal. People forget to be friends when they are trying to date, they also forget the friendship it it goes past dating. I'm young guy with an old soul and I'll never regret anything that put a smile on your face. You can call me Desmond!

I have no idea what he is trying to say in the first line?? This line makes me lol "I have all it takes to put up with you and I'll treat you with respect." Really what do i have in my profile that deserves the response "I have all it takes to put up with you". Guess I need to tone it down.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well my OKC site seems to have dried up no messages lately. However one of the guys I have been texting on and off is waiting to get back in town from a work trip and he wants to meet. My only worry is he seems really nice but I havent actually met anyone from the site yet.....
  • krissypea79
    Options
    LOL. I'm from louisiana. Probably why I end up with emails like these lol. Here's another good one.

Without a physical contact I could tell of an embodiment of gift I'm yet to meet. I like the way u noted your words and if you wouldn't mind I'll like to get to know you. I have all it takes to put up with you and I'll treat you with respect. I love intelligent people, good conversation, and a great meal. People forget to be friends when they are trying to date, they also forget the friendship it it goes past dating. I'm young guy with an old soul and I'll never regret anything that put a smile on your face. You can call me Desmond!

I have no idea what he is trying to say in the first line?? This line makes me lol "I have all it takes to put up with you and I'll treat you with respect." Really what do i have in my profile that deserves the response "I have all it takes to put up with you". Guess I need to tone it down.

Bahahaha!!!! It doesn't sound as though English is his first language! Maybe the fact that he can "put up with you" is a compliment?! hehehe. omgosh too funny! Maybe he meant "keep up with you?" LOL! I think in his first line he is basically telling you that he knows you are a gift to him and he hasn't even met you in person yet...I always find that creepy too, when they are so sure you will make a good match before even meeting!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It seems like online dating sites are causing more frustration than they worth. A laugh at putrid attempts to bond isn't worth it.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    And to balance it out.. I received this one last night from a guy whose profile I liked. He's cute too. :blushing:

"I just wanted to say hello. I think we have a lot in common (I don't have cable either)... anyways, I'd be very interested in getting to know you and maybe hanging out sometime."

Simple, to the point, he at least scanned my profile by the no cable comment (I'm anti- cable because it sucks the life right out of you with all the channels and reality crap tv) and I like that he wants to meet. In his profile he stated how he didn't want to spend too much time going back and forth over messages.

I've been talking to this other guy since Saturday.. I think we've texted almost everyday and spoke once on the phone. He has yet to bring up meeting. I've decided to pass him up.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Really what do i have in my profile that deserves the response "I have all it takes to put up with you". Guess I need to tone it down.

but gee, isn't that what all women dream about... somebody to "put up with us" lol! lol! He mentioned good food, too, lol, what more do you need???:bigsmile:
  • JanieJack
    Options
    And to balance it out.. I received this one last night from a guy whose profile I liked. He's cute too. :blushing:

"I just wanted to say hello. I think we have a lot in common (I don't have cable either)... anyways, I'd be very interested in getting to know you and maybe hanging out sometime."

See guys, there's a good canned response you can easily personalize that won't waste all your time. :wink:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

See guys, there's a good canned response you can easily personalize that won't waste all your time. :wink:

I'm stealing that one. Except I have cable and probably nix the hanging out part.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I had no luck on match, a little luck on eharmony. okc I met a few decent guys, a few jerks. I made a pof but promptly deleted it after seeing my psycho ex on there.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I'm stealing that one. Except I have cable and probably nix the hanging out part.

I think the "don't have cable" is where he inserts the "personal" phrase ;-)

ETA: Doh! I'm too late... I think you've got it! Too bad according to your other post we've all been friend zoned, lol!