Message I just received - if you need a laugh :)

Options
12346»

Replies

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    And to balance it out.. I received this one last night from a guy whose profile I liked. He's cute too. :blushing:

"I just wanted to say hello. I think we have a lot in common (I don't have cable either)... anyways, I'd be very interested in getting to know you and maybe hanging out sometime."

See guys, there's a good canned response you can easily personalize that won't waste all your time. :wink:
    I'll try it right now. Like now. Plus I've got my new super profile, which I'm submitting below for review (!!!):

[START]
    "I'm French and mighty!

My list of interests up there is probably a good start for introducing myself. [MFP people: that's the list of interests above the profile I'm referring to]

On top of the above, I like to travel the world, discover new countries and cultures. I want to have fun in life and make the best of it, and I would like to try as many different things as possible before I pass out - preferably with a toothless smile on my face...
    "Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
    I think I should tattoo this on my forehead, this is a great principle to live by.

I enjoy going to rock/metal gigs, but when chilling out, I listen to a lot of other things as well - mainly electro, house, DnB, downtempo/ambient. I'm always happy to discover new artists so maybe we can share some tips?

I would prefer to meet someone who is a bit quirky, alternative... or perhaps just different. I keep an open mind and I would be happy to make new friends if things don't quite work out the way we intended!
    It would be nice to meet a special someone who has at least some similar interests so that we can spend some quality time together.

Don't hesitate to drop me a line so we can get to know each other more!"
    [END]

Tell me what you think of it, and feel free to correct it as well.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'll try it right now. Like now. Plus I've got my new super profile, which I'm submitting below for review (!!!):

*sigh* if only you were a wee bit older, lol,
    (and in the US)

Hey, why not start a new thread so people who stopped reading this thread might comment on your profile...?

only comment I have is along with the "I want to..." maybe add something that shows you actualy live that cool life now (pictures maybe? I don't know...)
  • flimflamfloz
    Options

*sigh* if only you were a wee bit older, lol,
    (and in the US)

Hey, why not start a new thread so people who stopped reading this thread might comment on your profile...?

only comment I have is along with the "I want to..." maybe add something that shows you actualy live that cool life now (pictures maybe? I don't know...)
    Yeah, well, I tick several boxes of *your* deal breakers... :wink: A shame I know, I know.

Thanks for the comments (I'm too embarrassed to start a new thread... :blushing: ).

I've lost all my pictures in a hard drive crash so I only have a few at the moment - not that I have many good pics of myself to be honest.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    :noway: I am never doing online dating again!

Btw when I did I only ever liked the guy when I chose him.

Flamfoz, nice profile! The thing about being a (kinda) heart breaker is that yours isn't unscathed either. Be careful out there :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

[START]
    "I'm French and mighty!

My list of interests up there is probably a good start for introducing myself. [MFP people: that's the list of interests above the profile I'm referring to]

On top of the above, I like to travel the world, discover new countries and cultures. I want to have fun in life and make the best of it, and I would like to try as many different things as possible before I pass out - preferably with a toothless smile on my face...
    "Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
    I think I should tattoo this on my forehead, this is a great principle to live by.

I enjoy going to rock/metal gigs, but when chilling out, I listen to a lot of other things as well - mainly electro, house, DnB, downtempo/ambient. I'm always happy to discover new artists so maybe we can share some tips?

I would prefer to meet someone who is a bit quirky, alternative... or perhaps just different. I keep an open mind and I would be happy to make new friends if things don't quite work out the way we intended!
    It would be nice to meet a special someone who has at least some similar interests so that we can spend some quality time together.

Don't hesitate to drop me a line so we can get to know each other more!"
    [END]

Tell me what you think of it, and feel free to correct it as well.

Hey Flamfloz (what does this mean????)

I really like your profile! :bigsmile: its friendly, intelligent and shows your heart/passion. Although your taste in music is diabolical :laugh: :wink:

Not sure about the 'French & Mighty' bit though??? bit intimidating, maybe?? Better to say something ermmm...... attractive about being French, like romantic? sexy accent? great lover? :laugh: (I'm joking about the last one!! that will give the wrong impression!...)

BTW - I'm sure I know you!!!!! Do you reside in East London?? :laugh: You dont have to admit to that if you dont want :wink:

ETA - I agree you should start a new thread with your profile. Its going to get missed in here!! Dont be shy, we are all friends here :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Yeah, well, I tick several boxes of *your* deal breakers... :wink: A shame I know, I know.

*sigh* at least there's the friend zone... lol!
  • JanieJack
    Options
    :noway: I am never doing online dating again!

hehe how many of us have said that and then a year later... lol...

it's funny... now that my mindset has shifted from "looking for a replacement husband" to "looking for someone to have adventures with, whether or not anything permanent develops" I'm actually getting excited my friend wants me to join her online when she loses her weight.

I hope this doesn't sound too evil, but since my mindset shifted, I've been much less picky about who I'll give a chance, and I've actually had more fun with the folks I've met in my daily goings on. I think if I had had this mindset back when I had an online profile, I would have actually dated a few more of the guys who contacted me and had more fun.

We shall see.
  • flimflamfloz
    Options
    Flamfoz, nice profile! The thing about being a (kinda) heart breaker is that yours isn't unscathed either. Be careful out there :flowerforyou:
    Not 100% sure what you mean by this, but I think I'm more the "broken heart" type than the "heart breaker". Yeah, my sentimental life is a nightmare...
    Hey Flamfloz (what does this mean????)
    I really like your profile! its friendly, intelligent and shows your heart/passion. Although your taste in music is diabolical
    Not sure about the 'French & Mighty' bit though??? bit intimidating, maybe?? Better to say something ermmm...... attractive about being French, like romantic? sexy accent? great lover? (I'm joking about the last one!! that will give the wrong impression!...)
    BTW - I'm sure I know you!!!!! Do you reside in East London?? You dont have to admit to that if you dont want

ETA - I agree you should start a new thread with your profile. Its going to get missed in here!! Dont be shy, we are all friends here
    Flamfloz is based on my name, which I (shamelessly) didn't post in your other thread: Florian. It doesn't mean much really, it's a combination of Flam and Floz which were 2 of my old nicknames (based on my first name!).

I might change the "French and mighty", but I'm just trying to be a bit cheeky so no harm intended when I say that. I hope the people who read my profile get this!

I would be amazed if we knew each other! London is 8-10 million people :laugh:
    No, I actually live in North London, near Turnpike Lane.

I'm still considering going out for a drink with you at some point though, I think it might be fun to see someone from MFP in real life (which is rarely going to happen for us UK people)... :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I might change the "French and mighty", but I'm just trying to be a bit cheeky so no harm intended when I say that. I hope the people who read my profile get this!

I would be amazed if we knew each other! London is 8-10 million people :laugh:
    No, I actually live in North London, near Turnpike Lane.

I'm still considering going out for a drink with you at some point though, I think it might be fun to see someone from MFP in real life (which is rarely going to happen for us UK people)... :flowerforyou:

The way I view profiles is IF it may offend/cause harm/intimidate/be misinterpreted, then leave it out!! I do get the humour in what you're saying, however, the one girl that you like might just have a 'thing' about the French being arrogant. It might be the only thing the makes her not reply. Worth the risk? :wink:

This is the thing: I have a cab driver locally, who has long hair (like you), plaity type beard (like you) and is very FRENCH!!! (LIKE YOU!!!) When you said you were French, I thought OMG, surely not!! However, and its a BIG however, he's more my age!!! But then I thought maybe you had lied about your age, or maybe IRL you arent wearing very well :laugh: Anyway, he could be your father!! Seriously!! :flowerforyou:

Love to meet up for a beer! I'm just a bit sad that there aren't more Londoners in here :cry: otherwise we could have a real good jolly up!! :drinker: Going to O'Neills in Leytonstone for St Patrick shinanigans later. Pop in if you're passing :bigsmile:

Do you pronounce Florian - Flori ann (as in girls name Ann), rather than Flor ian, (as in boys name Ian)??
  • flimflamfloz
    Options
    This is the thing: I have a cab driver locally, who has long hair (like you), plaity type beard (like you) and is very FRENCH!!! (LIKE YOU!!!) When you said you were French, I thought OMG, surely not!! However, and its a BIG however, he's more my age!!! But then I thought maybe you had lied about your age, or maybe IRL you arent wearing very well :laugh: Anyway, he could be your father!! Seriously!! :flowerforyou:

Do you pronounce Florian - Flori ann (as in girls name Ann), rather than Flor ian, (as in boys name Ian)??
    :laugh:

The pronunciation is really none of these, although it should be closer to "ian". "an" in French has a specific pronunciation.
    Try this, hopefully it will work:
    http://tts.imtranslator.net/KDXc
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Merci!! It's more like an ON!! without the N........... :laugh:
  • flimflamfloz
    Options
    Merci!! It's more like an ON!! without the N........... :laugh:
    That's what I'll tell people next time!