Like-Minded-Lushes-April 2012

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy April fools day.

April is a raining month and I like to drink in the rain. (who are we kidding, I like to drink in any weather)

I hope April is a great month for you all.

Replies

• rjadams
    Options
    So yesterday I broke a rule of mine and actually bought a box of wine. It wasn't bad. I just felt like sipping wine all day and it sure is convenient for that. Starting the day off with irish cream in the coffee.

I meet all the managers tomorrow morning so wish me tons of luck dear friends.

Happy lushing.

Robin, Bodi boy and Ritter bit.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    bumping!!

Lushy again last night...but, I am aiming for zeros all week

I've never really bought a box of wine before. I imagine it's very cost effective and saves on recycling.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Went to my friends party where there was an unlimited supply of wine.....my pregnant friend said I got a little stumbly towards the end of the night. A little embarrassing, but on a surprising not I feel pretty good today!

Back to zeros until Thursday, we are having people over for tilapia tacos, so that calls for some margaritas I'm sure :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy April lushes!

Goodness kim.....your night out was a disaster! Hope your weekend has been better.
    I went out yesterday and only had 2 margaritas but got toasted! I dunno what was in those things but the husband was bombed too! Thank god the son was our designated driver. Driving home your drunk parents...that should rank up there as tops for every kid, eh?
    So yesterday was a total wash...back at the exercise today. If the rain holds out, we may grill too.

Good luck on the job, robin! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    So, I re-injured my knee again. I tried to jog on Friday and now I have a purple spot on my knee again. I am going to have to stick with the low impact stuff for a while longer. I really f'd it up and didn't really realize how bad it was. Of course, I'm not going to a doctor 'cause I'm a nurse and think I know everything.

SoCal, I think you taught your son a good lesson about having a designated driver. :wink:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    BUMPY!!!

Very lushed weekend...
    Friday-4 margaritas??
    Saturday-6beers and 1 shot of jameson
    Not sure about today yet....was planning on some drinks, we'll see how it goes :)
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Looks like the margarita fairy was busy this past weekend.

Friday - 1 1/2 margaritas
    Saturday - 0
    Tonight - Fajitas and margaritas, not sure how many yet.

Robin - Sending out positive vibes!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Nisi that sounds like a terrible night :ohwell: hope your knee feels better soon!

Good luck mama lush! I actually like box wine, I usually get The Big Green Box ... yes, that's the name.

Chloe, can't go wrong with unlimited wine.

I had wine last night and was doing great having water on the side and then apparently it just hit me and I don't remember the end of the night. Had a good time though, we had one of our couple friends over and played cards. This coming weekend is going to be insanely lushy. Going to the Funny Bone Thursday with 1 or a few girlfriends, Friday celebrating one of the fiancés best friends 30th birthday which is actually Sunday but for obvious reasons we're having the party Friday. Saturday we're having a going away party for another of the fiancés best friends who is moving to Chicago. Phew, my liver hurts already. I said 0 for today but who knows, a couple glasses of wine to take the hangover edge off would be nice and we just happen to still have the box of red from the engagement party that we need to use up :wink: Not sure I'll be eating since we went to a local Mexican place so I am still full of nachos and enchiladas :smile: So why not have some liquid calories! :drinker:

Rest week this week so I'll ride the bike each day which will be a nice calorie burn for the week. Then I'll start another round of P90X next week, I have enough time before the wedding for 2 more rounds which is good.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful April Fools day :devil:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes! Been awhile since I've been here but I'm back in action now. We're going for 4 non lushy days this week and then it is DH's big birthday weekend! Friday Saturday and Sunday, I think I should go ahead and take Monday off work just to be safe. :laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kim, that is crazy!

Welcome back, Debbie!

I celebrated April by having a red bull and vodka today! Whoot!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Rollin'.... rollin'.... rollin'...... oh my liver's swollen.....
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Daaaaaaaaaaaave - as in Cheers Norm voice

Mama Lush, well.....how did it go?

Guess who had a zero last night? me me me me!!!

Monday, 0

I am aiming for low, low number this week. My weekend hours changed to 7A to 7P Friday, Saturday & Sunday and that leaves little time for naughty behavior. Although, I usually find a way around it though :ohwell:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 4 & 1/2 oz. vodka and a cold cider................................................how did that get in there??
    What's it called when you put vodka in lemonade?............................Smooth............................
  • rjadams
    Options
    What's it called when you put vodka in lemonade?............................

It's called "Way too easy to drink way too much"
  • nisijam5
    Options

It's called delicious
  • rjadams
    Options
    Okay, I am off to the other building to meet the potential managers. I will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I am actually pretty proud of myself for having 5 zeros last week!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 3/4 bottle of cab
    Friday-0
    Saturday- lots of wine and 1 amstel lite
    Sunday-0

This week will be a little tough bc I have off work Friday so we are having people over Thursday night and also I know I will probably have some drinks Sunday at my husbands grandmas. So there probably wont be 5 zeros next week.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options

It's called delicious

Try it with Crystal Light - yummy!! and lower calorie too!:drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I think the meeting went well. Now I wait. :ohwell:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin-Glad to hear the meeting went well!!

Seems like everyone had a great weekend....well 'cept for you Kim, bummer about the knee :cry: Hope it heals quickly, take it easy and don't push too hard too fast!!!

Last night I managed 2 manhattans, 1/2 Dogfish head World Wide Stout, 1/2 Weyerbacher Insanity and 1/2 Weyerbacher Hersey....God I love beer!!!
    Two beer days in a row this weekend, rare occassion but greatly enjoyed!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-Sunday-I make no promises I know I will not keep!!!!

We are hosting an Easter celebration saturday, should be a good time...yummy food and yummy drinks!

I am looking for a low cal regular vodka recipe that can be served over ice or served as a martini.....suggestions anyone???