Like-Minded-Lushes-April 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Onto some wine. Where are all my lush friends?! Having a good time no doubt :smile: It's the fiancés late night at work and the start of earnings not to mention I just got to spend 6 days with him so I just miss him. Suppose that's a good sign after 8+ years :heart: especially since now we're getting married :smile:

Sometimes he makes me feel so guilty though, he just bought me the most amazing comfy, long, hooded robe for no reason at all, he's getting me the most amazing wedding band and he doesn't seem phased at all about the costs of the wedding and I'm freaking out and it's not even my money. He said he would rather spend the money and know that he's going to have a good wedding than skimp and regret it later. I guess I'm just never going to be "okay" with spending tons of money. I grew up not at all like him or like he's making money now and I'm just not used to it and I don't think I'll ever get used to it. He'll constantly say when I say something is too expensive " oh, stop worrying about it" He didn't grow up rich but he had a mom, dad, siblings and nice home in a nice neighborhood and that is so far from where I grew up.

Sorry to vent but even after a few years I'm not adjusting to how much money he makes and instead I'm afraid he thinks that I'm staying with him for the money which he then says is ridiculous because we were together before he ever made this kind of money or then I think he's doing these nice things because he has someone else now. I know I'm paranoid about cheating because of many different reasons and I'm sure this is on really silly thought but I guess I just don't feel like I deserve him.

Ok, done ranting, man I wish most of us lushes lived close to each other :drinker: I can honestly say that I talk more freely with all of you than I do with anyone else aside from my mum.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Kat - Love your new picture, you guys look so cute together :love: Don't start second guessing yourself, you do deserve him, it's been eight years already! Look how many marriages don't even make it that long. My hubs and I just celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary earlier this month (well, honestly we didn't really celebrate, because we both forgot) but the point is we came from totally different backgrounds and we made it work.

Sydney - Congrats on your boy, you did a fine job! :drinker:

Kim - Sounds like a rough next four days.

Robin - I love the Renaissance Fair. I go at least once a year with my daughter. The one here in Georgia comes in the Spring and I go to the one in NC in the Fall. I would work it if it was closer to where I live. It looks like it would be a blast to be a kissing wench or any wench for that matter.

Looks like a lot of lushes are posting goose eggs. ^ 5

I was planning on zeros for the week, but the bottle of chardonnay was looking sad in the fridge all corked up and everything, so I had to let it breathe and drank half of it last night and hubs drank the other half. But the rest of the week was 0"s.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thanks wolf, you're totally right =]
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    *stands next to kim* I had 2 skinny margaritas at dinner.

Thanks everyone for the comments. He's my only so I'm freaking out a bit over the impending empty nest syndrome. I know most parents can't wait to kick their kids out, but I really like mine. The award ceremony was great. I know it might sound corny but I must say..if the kids I met last night are in charge of our future...we will be in great shape.

Happy Friday lushes!! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aww that's great SoCal! He sounds like a great kid!!!

Kat-LOVE your pic, simply adorable!

I'm joining you ladies-3 skinny girl cosmos, and two glasses of wine last night. We went to the Movie Tavern, cool experience...foods not great and the beer selection is lacking but a really neat concept!

Friday-well, hmm let me see.....I have prelogged some blueberry vodka, some wine and a beer BUT first I need to get workout #2 in and hit the trail after work for a 4mile jog. Gorgeous day today so it shouldn't be so hard to push myself out there PLUS my husbands says he's going with me so that makes it easier then if he was sitting at home having a beer without me :wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- 0
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- have some wine logged....having friends over for dinner, but I am going to get a workout in before to earn that wine
    Saturday- I have no idea what we are doing so who knows
    Sunday- 0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sun, Mon, tues=0
    Wednesday=bottle
    Thursday=margs. Man those are easy to drink. We made the pitcher of "perfect margs" (can of frozen limeade, can of tequila, can of water, can of 7up and a corona) and split it three ways. That's only 4 oz of tequila, but about 600 cals.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    made burboun glazed pork chops last night so of course I had to drink it as well. **stands next to Kim and Sydney** Made whiskey lemonades. Had greens and cheesy polenta so it was all very southerny. I am not sure what tonight will bring.

Kat your pic is adorable. Don't freak about the money. Respect it and enjoy it when you can and don't worry about it if it all changes in the future. You are grounded, so don't freak.

Syd, Be a proud mom and I hope it Keeps on coming. I was proud of both of my daughters who had over 4.0 weighted averages. Unfortunately they didn't keep it going. They are fine, solid stable jobs in the Banking industry but I had such ambitions for them.

Have a lushy weekend dear friends.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thanks kb and rj for the pic compliments =] and thanks for the advice mama lush. I have so much time to myself that it's hard to shut my thoughts off most of the time. So here is me taking a deep breath and relaxing :smile:

Going out for the fiancés birthday tonight which should be fun. I asked him last weekend what he wanted to do and he goes " well Friday for my actual birthday I'd like to just go out to a nice dinner with you " :heart: So then I said I figured Saturday he'd like to just have his friends over our house for UFC and he said yeah with his smirk that he does haha.

Happy Friday all and thanks again for the advice :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    How is it that you all get kids with 4.0 gpa's and mine hits the house with his car??? I honestly can't understand how the military gives him a gun. :sad:

Kat, super cute pic :flowerforyou:

Oh, I'm glad that we lushes stand united...already thinking of a cold beer because I worked my *kitten* off today and it's just the beginning. I hate being floated to another unit...just hate it :grumble:

That's all I can remember...have a happy Friday my lushy friends
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Sun, Mon, tues=0
    Wednesday=bottle
    Thursday=margs. Man those are easy to drink. We made the pitcher of "perfect margs" (can of frozen limeade, can of tequila, can of water, can of 7up and a corona) and split it three ways. That's only 4 oz of tequila, but about 600 cals.

I hate that margaritas are so many calories :mad: Tonight I made two with the Costco margarita mix, forgot that I had run out of it and made another one and replaced the mix with orange juice! It tastes like crap but I am too buzzed to care. Life goes on... I am going to have to try your recipe, but maybe use diet 7up. I didn't know you could buy tequila in a can? :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Friday, 1 Sam Adams, 1 Miller Lite, 1 Newcastle - I had beers at the restaurant so I didn't get schnockered...Vodka can sneak up on me sometimes

Then, I got cancelled from work this morning. They call 5:15A and ask if I want to stay home "on-call". Of course, I'm going to say yes, my bed is nice and warm.

Saturday, I've logged 2 glasses of wine to go with some beef kebobs. Control, I have to have some control tonight, 5:45A comes really, really fast.

Robin, thanks for the standing next to me - or - holding me up. Whatever, the case may be. :happy: PC sound yummy, lots of bourbon glazing going around

Amy, those do sound yummy...but, your right, lots of cals in them

Diana, I love margs too...I'll do the skinny margs not so much for taste but cals...sometimes a girl has to sacrifice :cry: btw, orange sounds terrible; but, I am proud to call you my lushy friend for sticking it out. :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    vodka diet cokes last night. Made a pepperoni wheat boboli pizza for dinner. today I need to do a ton of laundry to pack for my business trip next week and then the Faire weekend. lots to do. Need liquid motivation!:laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The gloomy rain is going to make my red wine even better, all nice an cozy on the couch with my man :smile:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 2 whiskey/ teas, 2 16oz. beers. Team wins 4-1.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, got my workout in! I'm going to try to go with "healthier" drinks but at least if I do have more than a couple beers, it will be okay. Wish me luck!!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I got in a workout last night & today! I'm excited that my hubby will be coming home early from work tonight, so looks like we'll probably go to dinner and get drinks. It's okay though, I've got the calories to spare!!

Have a WONDERFUL Saturday everyone! :)
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thanks nisi =]

Champagne at dinner Friday and then split a bottle when we got home but stopped there. Went to bed at 11:30 and felt great yesterday morning. Watched the fights last night with friends and started with beer early in the afternoon and drank pretty late but paced myself so again no hangover and I feel fantastic. Two of our friends stayed over and one mentioned doing a power hour today since it's cold and rainy. If we do I need to really listen to my drink voice and just stick with the power hour. I did that the last two nights and it seems to work. Not sure if we'll actually do one but I'm not opposed :wink: :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 4 16oz. beers. Team loses
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-Thursday- zeros
    Friday- bottle of merlot, about 3 miller lights and 2 shots of vodka......I felt like crap yesterday
    Saturday-bottle of merlot and about 3 coors lights

Feel fine today and back to zeros until Saturday is the plan!