Like-Minded-Lushes-April 2012

Options

Replies

• bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!! I am so sad I don't get to post much anymore. I'm still around. LOL!

So far this week:

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Today - 0
    Friday - 0 (probably)
    Saturday - don't even think I'll be able to keep count. LOL. GIRLS WEEKEND!!! WOO HOOO!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=3 beers and sushi!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I may have lied. I have to pick up the husband from dart league tonight. Wanna bet I have a PBR or two?
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wolf- my fiancé has talked many times about opening a restaurant. Good luck and have fun with it!

Mama lush- hope your hubs is better soon :flowerforyou:

Bgrune- have an awesome girls weekend!

As for this lush:

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 2 bottles of wine with the fiancé. He's leaving his job soon and has been stressed about it for awhile. Came home last night from a business type dinner and wanted wine which is not normal for him at all so we had wine and watched mad men :smile:

Not sure about tonight, we're making this pasta we picked up from Whole Foods with one of their yummy sauces, chicken and some bread on the side. I think some red would pair quite well with that don't you? :wink:

Good for all you going strong on the 0's!!! :flowerforyou: Whether it's stay cation or vacation, the abstaining from booze seems hard. Looking forward to getting back to a good amount of 0's, it seems to really help with the weight loss and I think doing Insanity will help me refrain because that is so not the cardio you want to do hungover :noway:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oops! Lots of beer and wine tonight! Oh well..hubby's night off!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hubs is on the mend but still not good. I do not feel so good today myself. I hope I didn't get whatever he had. I did enjoy a lovely bottle of rose last night. really crisp and dry. loved it.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    hmmmm, 2 glasses of wine, a beer, a 32 oz beer, 2 margs and 2 more beers...long day entertaining the Chicago peeps. I have to be a good host, right? :wink:

I think I am getting a cold as well.

It's wine tasting night at the wine club.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

Still planning a zero for tonight. Tomorrow we are having people over so it will be my cheat meal with drinks and then Sunday its back to zero. My challenge for the next to weeks is to only have one cheat meal with drinks, being either Friday or Saturday. And actually since we are going to be at our house Saturday I am still trying to keep the meal on the healthier side. :smile:

It is strange how the more zeros you have the easier it becomes though!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Chloe, your right...you just to get over the mental block and habit
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    My husband and I won't be taking a vacation this summer either, have a summer and fall wedding to attend in Austin, looking forward to those!!
    My daughter will be returning from her Australia year and wants to move to New York to find a job!!! Who does that?????? Well, kids who expect their parents to pay their rent while they are job hunting, that's who!!
    So now you know why I have to drink the "cheap" champagne!!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ahh yeah the one or two turned out to be 4ish. C'est la vie.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Kim, well done on the hosting duties. I would expect nothing less from you.
    Robin..hope you and the husband feel better soon. We need some west coast sunshine..I think that would help, don't you?

Sun-0
    Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Wed, Thurs- 1 BIG glass of red

Probably the same tonight. Although I went grocery shopping yesterday and spent 20 minutes of my total 60 in the booze section. The manager there steered me to some really good deals..they were discontinuing a bunch of labels. I ended up with 2 bottles of red wine and 1 bottle of organic Vodka..all 50% off. Thankfully I'm not a fan of Rum or flavored Vodkas or my basket would have been even more full than it was. Hopefully I won't be tempted to try them all this weekend and can find some self moderation. (I just eye-rolled myself)
    TGIF lushes!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I split a bottle of Chianti with 2 friends and the glasses were small so it seemed like enough, somehow.
    tonight I am going to my husband's show, so will probably have three beers if I don't start drinking before then.
    Tomorrow I am hosting a family get-together, fiesta-themed and making the best margaritas, they are strong. I bought a bottle of tequila in Cozumel just for this party!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Change in plans for tonight....stepmom is coming over and she is in real need of a glass of wine and I can't let her drink alone, so we will probably split a bottle of pinot grigio :)
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    .……Bud Select……sure I'll have some......…
    My Fri -
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday- half a bottle of pinot grigio
    Saturday- cocktails and beer I'm sure (but I do think that wine last night will help me not go too overboard bc I don't have that OMG I need a drink feeling today
    Sunday- back to 0
  • nisijam5
    Options
    4 tastings of wine last night...then, 3 shared bottles

Tonight will be pom vodkas.

Then, I get back on the sobriety wagon. I fell off and it ran me over.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Lots of vodka last night...now, it's got to be zero's for the week!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    it was a cherry vodka weekend. tomorrow I am hoping for a 0
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    The margarita fairy visited my house this weekend with a new tequila (El Ultimo 100% Agave) and it was a pleasant visit. They went wonderful with the shrimp tacos topped with cilantro-lime sour cream sauce. Went way over on the calories Saturday by over 1000, tonight was better only by only 100. Shooting for 0's for the week.

The restaurant we are opening is a quick service (think Moe's or Panera). It specializes in savory hand held pies (for those who have visited the UK, kind of like a pastie) but with a totally American flair. We will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner along with dessert pies.Everything is made fresh and nothing is fried. As soon as the website is up I will post a link.

Hope my fellow lushes had a wonderful weekend :drinker: Seemed to go by way to quickly :grumble: