Like-Minded-Lushes-April 2012

Options

Replies

• HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    My daughter said she went back to her apartment after a long day of work looking forward to drinking a glass of wine on her balcony to decompress!!! One of her roomates had enjoyed it already!!! Isn't that against the law or something, or at least the "roomate code"!!? She is living in Australia for a year so doesn't know the other "mates" very well, and the new guy drank it!!! She says alcohol is VERY expensive there so it is a treat for her to have it therefore she savors it.....................or tried to!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Dang, lots of us going for 0's this week....

HerbieSue, I can't believe that someone would take the last glass of wine, beer, etc. It's against the lush code of honor.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies.

Well Spring Break put my liver on overdrive. I think it actually hurts. I will be detoxing this week for sure. I cannot even begin to count the drinks we had over the weekend..it probably would be easier to count the few hours I was sober. :drinker:
    I know the scale jumped quite a bit too. Just trying to give myself a week to undo the damage and hopefully be back on track.

I'm too old for this nonsense.:noway:
  • nisijam5
    Options

I was just thinking that today...:ohwell:
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Dang, lots of us going for 0's this week....

HerbieSue, I can't believe that someone would take the last glass of wine, beer, etc. It's against the lush code of honor.

Thank you......that's the rule I was thinking of!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

I felt that way this morning when I was motivated for some zeros. then I got the news that I didn't get the job so now I would like to drown my sorrows. I am sooooo disappointed.:sad:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh dammit, robin. I'm sorry.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Sorry Robin

Chin up buttercup, maybe something better will come along :flowerforyou:
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sorry Robin!:sad:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin...:cry: I know how much you were looking forward to a change in atmosphere :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

I have friends coming from Chicago on Thursday. I want to be good!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Super bummer about the job BUT things happen for a reason, there is something better out there for you!!! xo

Monday-0
    Tuesday-I do have 10oz logged. It was surprisingly difficult not to have any wine last night, especially after the booze fest I had during the weekend, but I was strong....especially since I had no cals left. But tonight I think I'll have some...I mean I SHOULD be using up my exercise calories right :tongue:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Back from a very lushy vacation on the Gulf Coast of Florida, I need to get back some of what little self control I have. Happy April to all!
  • HerbieSue
    Options

I felt that way this morning when I was motivated for some zeros. then I got the news that I didn't get the job so now I would like to drown my sorrows. I am sooooo disappointed.:sad:

That's a bummer!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate the commisery. I am better now. I am sure something even better will come along for me. I drank a few vodka rocks last nite and slept it off. A new day, a new job search. :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate the commisery. I am better now. I am sure something even better will come along for me. I drank a few vodka rocks last nite and slept it off. A new day, a new job search. :laugh:

GREAT attitude Robin!!!!! xo
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, I am hopeful for you!!

Ron also has a job interview on Thursday because where he works it's gotten so bad he went to the hospital with chest pains. I am so hopeful that he gets out. The stories I could tell you about that place would leave you with your jaw open. Hmmm, might be a good discussion if you are still coming this summer.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    The husband is stuck in a job he hates too. Nothing worse. Maybe that's why we all drink so much. :ohwell:

Sunday-0
    Monday-0

Hope Tuesday will be a zero as well. My liver is starting to recover I think..and I'd like to stay at 0 for as long as possible to clean out my poor body before I take off for my bday long weekend later this month. I lost 2 of the freaking 6 lbs I gained.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0

So far so good haha. Tough part is the fiancé took off some days from work starting Thursday and he goes back next Wednesday. He had mentioned Vegas or Puerto Rico for a few of those days but we have plans right in the middle so we can't =\ Would have been nice to get away and not think about wedding stuff for a little while but alas Saturday is bridesmaid dress shopping and Sunday is the meeting with the photographer.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

sorry! but now you are available for something better:happy:
    Round 2 of cleaning out GRandpa's house, it sucked but I didn't drink as much as one might think:
    Friday= 3 beers
    Saturday=2 beers, half bottle of white
    Sunday=1 glass of white wine
    Monday=1 marg

Tonight, another Mexican place, probably another marg. mmm...
    Kat, I would reschedule the bridesmaids and photographer for a trip! We will go to Vegas in July, never have been to Puerto Rico!