General check in thread

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I LOVE phase one workout 7!! DH did it with me!
  • CandLMama1114
    CandLMama1114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I just started the program today. Finished up work out 1 and LOVED IT! It was everything I loved about 30DS and more. I'm really excited about these next 90 days :)
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all back yet again.

I restarted yesterday. I moved onto Workout 5 as I had done 3.5 weeks when I had to stop due to my knees constantly hurting. I really love Workout 5&6. Unfortunately I can already feel my knees again. I just used a cool pack today after the workout and that is what I will continue doing. I wonder what it is! It is driving me insane.

Great to see that so many people still going strong.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    3 days left of phase 3! I cant wait to measure! I am planning to do insanity and then come back for more :)
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    am on workout 7 and 8 this week. Found workout 7 really hard with all the varied pushup moves but I managed to do them without modification for the most part. Workout 8, the crescent flyes into warrior 3...oowww! I am pleased to say I made it through all 4 times without dropping the weights or falling. I was worried about that since you see Mimi and David struggling!
    I love cardio 2 especially the burpees am I mad?
    Does anyone else get pissed off when they see the people in the DVD not doing it properly? Especially the plie hops...I only see Anita get low, everyone else is barely squatting
  • lchapoton
    lchapoton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anita does everything right! Have you seen her Warrior 3? She's like an arrow.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi all back yet again.

I restarted yesterday. I moved onto Workout 5 as I had done 3.5 weeks when I had to stop due to my knees constantly hurting. I really love Workout 5&6. Unfortunately I can already feel my knees again. I just used a cool pack today after the workout and that is what I will continue doing. I wonder what it is! It is driving me insane.

Welcome back! What did the doct say?
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Week one of of workouts 7&8. Workout 7 on Monday really tore me up good and I have to do it again today. Waaaaaah!

All that being said, I'm loving the program. Almost 12 lbs down and inches.
  • Devolucien
    Devolucien Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just reading everyone's posts on here is making me super anxious to get mine in the mail! I just ordered it a few days ago!!
  • mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finished Phase 1 today! Yayy! Lost 8"!! A little scared of Phase 2 but not enough to go back to running man! lol
  • ttomlinson
    ttomlinson Posts: 22
    Options
    I am in Phase 1, Week 4. I am a little anxious about moving on to phase 2. Someone said the dreaded running man comes back again. I put the scale away and I am concentrating on inches instead. The scale was driving me nuts. Feel free to friend me. I would love to keep up with others doing the program.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Now I surely needed this.....I am on Phase 2/W8...and have only done it once this week due to being sick with headache..so I did low impact stuff instead....I was feeling a little down in the dumps about it....but I will re-do Week 8(disk 7/8) again next week...Thanks for this check in...do help..
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all back yet again.

Thank you! I haven't actually been to the doctor. I just took a time off and the pain went away. Now that I started again I am trying as much as I can to keep it low impact. My knees do feel tender again now though and it's only been 4 days. I just put an ice pack on them in the evening. Maybe I will go and see a doctor but I am not sure if there is a point.
    I just hope I can keep going like this for a bit now. I really want to lose weight/inches now that the summer has arrived in the UK :-)

Welcome back! What did the doct say?
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am wondering what weight they do use. When she says grab your heavy, I am grabbing my 12's or 15's!

I was curious too :)) So i googled JM weight set- it comes with 3s, 5s and 8s. So when she says grab your heavy weight, they actually grab 8s.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Week one of of workouts 7&8. Workout 7 on Monday really tore me up good and I have to do it again today. Waaaaaah!

All that being said, I'm loving the program. Almost 12 lbs down and inches.
    Yeah, workout 7 is hard, but i really hate circiut 3 of workout 8- by the end my shoulders are shaking (literally ) lol
  • CandLMama1114
    CandLMama1114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on day 5/ Week 1! I am down 3.8 lbs so far and feeling sore/great! I've been using her dvd's for years in my work out routines, even did a round of her book Making the cut, and find it so familiar and wonderful to be doing her moves again.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Just finished 7 & 8 and cardio 2! I must say I am getting back the definition I lost over the winter! She kicked it up and I expect more on the next workout!! I am really liking this where I kick my own @ss for only a half an hour, do a cardio or go run!! Loving it!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Day 47 for me, just over the halfway mark! I'm avoiding work out eight right (week 7) now haha so I thought I'd check in here. I basically went over all of this in my latest blog post but here's some numbers and progress for everyone:

Current Weight: 145.2lbs.
    Starting Weight of the BR: 151lbs.
    --- I actually got up to 153 at one point early in the BR. So that was my highest weight of the program. Phase 1 saw little overall loss for me on the scale, and since starting phase 2 I've lost four pounds.
    Waist: 27.75" (down 1 inch)
    Pant Size: 6 (was a very tight 8 at the start)
    Intake: 1800 calories/day
    --- started out at 1300 in the beginning of the BR, did nothing for me. Moved it up to 1600 then 1800 as my BMR/TDEE thing says I should be and have been seeing the scale move down ever since

Those are the measurements I really have right now, I'll have more at the end of phase 2.

Loving the BR! 7 and 8 really push me, they're so difficult but I feel bad *kitten* when I complete them. Don't want to ramble on too much but I try to blog on here about my experience with the BR so if anyone's interested here's the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tofitnessandbeyond
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of the 7 day Kickstart and I have already lost 5lbs, so excited because the scale barely moved when I did Insanity.
  • meranda0804
    Options
    Hey guys! Today I am starting week 3 work out 3 a little scared of what she's going to throw at us. I have 6 pounds to go till I see the 50s again! I have no idea when I saw the 50s the last time lol but I'm excited! I've lost 6 pounds so far during weeks 1 and 2. I am seeing muscles in places I didn't think I would have them!