Options
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hi i am new to this just hoping to get info
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hi all! Ok, I am in a MUCH better mood today! I had a good eating day yesterday, even though my day at work was just plain awful! I just did not want to do a thing, lots going on here and I was just kind of in a cloudy mood. I held strong, though, and did not dive for the left over banana bread and donuts from Sunday...they all stared me down everytime I went for more water. My husband made some bacon wrapped steak type things and had them on the grill when I got home last night. We had never tried them, but I was palnning on making philly cheese steak, type things with them. He knew I had a bad day and had dinner going...wow, they were baaaaaaad! We didn't even let the kids eat them! Threw them out and everyone wanted TAco Bell, so off I went. I ate 3 tacos with no shell. Man, was that hard! Still have yet to get back to working out. My knee has been hurting again. My 2 year old fell all the way down our wooden stairs and I dashed down to get her and did something to it again. Ugh. Once it's all better, I AM back to it!
    Ok, I guess that's it for now...gotta get to work for the day. Hoping for a better day! Good days make it easier to focus and stay on plan. We'll see...:wink:

Tammy, add me and I will try to help as much as possible...add us all, actually :smile:
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Just wanted to add.... Thanks so much for starting this group, Linda! You do a great job keeping it up and I appreciate it! :flowerforyou:
  • singitella
    singitella Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm getting serious about low carb again. I tried clean eating, but found that I just ate too many calories. I'd much prefer to cut carbs than fat. I crave savory foods over sweets, anyway.

Last year, I lost 20 lbs. by cutting carbs to 20g/day. Over the holidays, I gained 15 of those right back (pumpkin pie and cornbread seemed worth it at the time). Now, I'm back on the wagon and ready to lose this last 15 lbs!

It's good to be here. I'm so glad we have a place like this to support each other. Thanks for starting this group, Linda!
  • Lindac672411
    Lindac672411 Posts: 108
    Options
    No....Thank You, all for for being a part of the group. The interaction with each other is fantastic and when I see everyone blogging every day, it helps make it easier for the ones who need help. They know that when they log on and have a question, that someone in the group will respond within the same day to their question.

Bailey, I hope you have a great day today, you deserve it.

Tammy: Welcome to the group. Which type of lowcarb diet are you doing i.e., Atkins, Protein Power, Carbohydrate Addicts, etc.? And how many NET Carbs are you eating a day? That is FIBER taken away from CARBS to give you NET CARBS.

Welcome to the group Singitella, you will definitely strive here.

Ok, I did not get in the 10,000 steps I was hoping for yesterday...but I did manage to get in 7,775 per my FITBIT which is equivalent to 3.25 miles. So with that I am happy. Was able to keep my SODIUM level down too (prehypertension reading), so am watching that closely. Also kept my NET carb down to 23g. So I am extremely happy about that.

Will check back in later to chat with you all later. Have a great low carb day too!

Sarahgrace: I am off to check out the article. Thanks!

Update: That was a very interesting article and so true. If you haven't read it yet, please do. Very informative for us low carbers.:noway:
  • blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hello all!
    its a new month and a new time for change! if there was something you wish you would of done better last month,no worries because may is here! may it the best time to get back on track and into shape, i wish i would of went back to cutting my carbs because i only lost 2lbs last month.
    well not anymore i am in this to win it!
    yesterday i went back to 25carbs, i have a carbs shake in the morning, it really helps me get my workout in even though i eat 25carbs,
    start weight 201.6 i am hoping to lose 10lbs this month so let see how it goes,
    have a wonderful stress free day !my wonderful new friends!:happy:
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Just dropping in. I was on vacation last week and brought home a 4.5 pound water weight gain for a souvenior. lol The scale is slowly moving back down, but I am not going to update my ticker til Saturday at my official weigh in. :drinker:
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everyone,
    I appreciate this group so much!! I do not have anyone in my life who understands why it has been such a challenge for me to lose the weight I have accumulated. I live in a world where everyone on our ranch works so hard physically, that weight gain couldn’t possibly happen. All my dudes eat like the horses we raise, and I am the one who feeds them all, along with working as a teacher full time. I love my life, but the constant cooking and baking has not been friend. The sad thing is…..I love feeding my family. “Ranch wives are supposed to be a little round” BOOOO to that! I want to be a hottie again!!!
    I still cook all the yummies, but I am able to do so on this diet as long as I don’t put that “brownie batter spoon” in my mouth for a second. I love savory dishes more than sweets, so that helps too. Thanks to the support here, I have been able to keep true to low carb. I’ve lost 30lbs since February, but I am at a very slow pace now… so frustrating because I still have 50lbs to go!!!
    Thank you all for the ideas and support!!
  • blkericia
    Options
    i just want to say i love this group too! :happy:
    i am so happy i found it :love:

and so happy i went back to low carb eating!:smile:
    i found out eating a high carb diet makes me have rashes, i had them for over a year and bout cream different soap and nothing work, i went back to low carb a week now and my rashes are going away,,wow who would know that what suppose to be healthy really make you sick.
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for having this group Linda. (and reminding us to post.).
    I've been sick the last few days so I haven't had any real desire to eat or overeat which always helps! :) That's the positive side of being sick.
    I'm just amazed that the cravings for sugar go away when you don't have sugar in your diet.

I hope to be feeling back to normal ASAP. I have missed 2 days of work. :( and was all ready to start P90X -that's not going to happen until my energy is back.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! Happy new month of MAY! May it be wonderful to you!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Always happy to have other low carbers to talk with.
    I am on a lc diet that my doc advised me to go on, and I feel SO much better. I do pretty much all clean eating, a lot of raw veggies and meats, eggs, nuts.. I can tell when I have overloaded on carbs and I dont feel so good.
    I am not quite as strick as I was when I started now that I have some things figured out so weightloss has slowed some.
    I am also just now coming back from a knee injury/recent surgery (two weeks) so just now getting back to working out so hope to balance things out a little more..
    Good to meet everyone and if you want feel free to add me,just leave a message that you are from here.. : )
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bailey - cudos for u for sticking with it! ur an inspiration :-) Question: does anyone find the Atkins bars making them crave sweet stuff? I went through 3 peanut butter cup pkgs yesterday it was horrible. I think I'm not gonna buy them anymore. They drove me crazy!
  • blkericia
    Options
    the Atkins candies are for when you move up in stage. eating more then one will blot you and spike your blood sugar, its not real sugar but sugar alcohol can fact spike if is consume in large amounts.
  • Pamela777
    Options
    Yea saw a spike in my sugar. Think I'll just stay away from em. However, the shakes r helpful occassionally n don't get my sugars nutty.
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Hi, I do think that the bars make you crave more sweets. I try to not eat them unless it's an emergency :laugh:

I have been low carb on and off for over a year, but this time I am sticking with it. I have my bad days, as does everyone, but I just feel like this is my new lifestyle and I will not ever be that uncomfterable, fat girl again. Not only do I like the way I look, gut Atkins has made me feel so darn good. I have finally figured my fiber thing out, so I really feel that I am pretty confident about how/why Atkins works and what my body needs. Not trying to sound like an "Atkins know-it-all" or anything...

Anyway, hope you all have a fantabulous day!! I know I have! This should be my last stressful day at work fro awhile....I can only hope and pray anyway.:noway:
  • Bailey543
    Options
    I feel the same...the shakes are great and don't cause a spike. Try putting it in the freezer for an hour or 2 and it's nice and slushy...yummy! Just don't forget about it! It's easy to do......I set an alarm on my phone so I don't forget about it!

Yea saw a spike in my sugar. Think I'll just stay away from em. However, the shakes r helpful occassionally n don't get my sugars nutty.
  • Pamela777
    Options
    Thank u so much Bailey - sounds yummy!:tongue:
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I wanted to get on the scale soooooo badly today! My ketostick was pretty dark this morning, so I guess I'm burning that fat! Whoo hoo! I will wait until tomorrow morning. Tonight I am starting to walk again. I'm going to start out with 30 minutes a day, and when I'm ready, add in some cardio with some videos. I have a pair of goal pants in my dresser and I keep them on top so everytime I open my dresser, I see them. I WILL fit into them by the end of the summer. I WILL!!

I guess that's it for now...not much to say today. I am going to go grocery shopping tonight and am planning on looking up some recipes today while I'm at work and then making a menu. I feel like keeping a menu helps keep me low carb. It's easy to throw in some spaghetti, ect when you don't have anything planned.

Alrighty, that's all for now. Have a great low carb day, everyone...oh and I think my sister in law is going to join us! I'm going to send her the link to this group. She just had a baby (the pretty baby in my pic) :smile: Talk to you all later!
  • Lindac672411
    Lindac672411 Posts: 108
    Options
    Good Morning All:

This allergy season is really getting me down. I wake up with my eyes "shut" every morning. This is the only time of year that dread.

Everyone is sounding positive and thanks Bailey and Blkerica for all the advice you are both giving. Been raining a lot in NYC, so so much for walking outside.

Tattooedmommy: Hope you are getting rid of that water weight. If not try drinking tea with lemon or plain lemon water and it will get out your excess water weight gain.

Will check back in later.