Like Minded Lushes - May 2012

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy May Day!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It is time to settle into the true spring. Which of course means tempting beers and wines sitting out on the deck after work and all the other reasons we come up with to drink. We can stay strong and work off those extra boozerific calories. :drinker: Hang tough lushes!!

Replies

• rjadams
    Options
    May is a rough month for me. Wedding anniversary on the the 2nd, Mother's day and of course my birthday at the end of the month. Way too many excuses not to be good. I will do my best. I have started the work week with a zero yesterday so that is a start.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh SNAP...its may!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    May is a rough month for me. Wedding anniversary on the the 2nd, Mother's day and of course my birthday at the end of the month. Way too many excuses not to be good. I will do my best. I have started the work week with a zero yesterday so that is a start.

We have a busy May too.....zeros for me this week too (so far), goal is until ATLEAST thursday :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I love my boozerific calories & my lushy friends.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Okay so my ex husband runs and event at the Ren Faire called the pub crawl. in one hour you hit 5 ale stands, consume 60 oz of cider or ale and you scream at the top of your lungs while walking around in the heat. (oxegen deprivation leads to quicker intoxication) It was a lot of fun and I do love to watch the man work. He was always entertaining. People thought I was part of the bit because he kept refering to our ex status. I had to tell them that I really was his ex and that we really were married once and I escaped the insanity because this was who he was 24/7 and I couldn't take it any more. I didn't do any more alcohol on saturday after that. I did drink a ton on Friday night and got totally faced. Sunday I maintained a pleasant buzz. Monday I was feeling it all.

Sydney happy belated birthday.
    Yvonne so glad you dropped back by we missed you.
    Kim how did Ron's second interview go?

I did really miss you guys. I hope you kinda missed me a little bit at least.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    YAY for May!

Zeros until Saturday for me!

I have a baby shower Sunday, so I know I will be having drinks then also.
  • kblue2007
    Options

I did really miss you guys. I hope you kinda missed me a little bit at least.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXO
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Of course we missed you!!!

I'm just checking in. Not drinking s so much easier when the hubs isn't.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Happy May Lushes! Went to a "beer v. wine dinner" last night at the pub on my block... 5 courses each paired with a wine and a beer. Winner: wine. Losers: beer, my liver, my immense hangover.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Dot, you've done great with refraining. But, I know your a lush at :heart: .

Robin, of course, we missed you!! Your Mama Lush!

I am off to a dental appt. for my son and then barre yoga.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello. It has been quite awhile since doing so. Been trying to stay away from alcohol durning the week.

Welcome to May!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends! I don't even remember when the last time was that I checked in with you guys but I thought I'd pop in and see who's still hangin' out. I've been doing okay. I decided a few weeks ago that shots were bad...very very bad so I quit taking them but that lead to more vodka/soda. After spending my son's sixth birthday party completely hung over and a good majority of it in the restroom puking my guts out, I think I'm gonna have to refrain from ANY mixed drinks in the bar. Damn bartenders... I tell ya!:wink:
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happy May! Well I way over-did it over the weekend but scored a big fat 0 yesterday! Might try for another 0 today but I also have major housework to do and a bottle of wine always helps! ;-) Plus my 12 year old daughter bought me a beautiful wine bottle stopper thing and she keeps bugging me to use it, lol!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Made it.

Monday - 0

0 tonight too.

Can't believe it's May already, 5 months 4 days til I get married =0

Welcome back Mama Lush!!!! Glad you had a good time and good job to everyone on making it though the Mondays with a 0 :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    looks like many of us managed a 0 yesterday..woot!

Sun-0
    Mon-0
    0 tonite too..after 3 days my will power usually gives in. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I bought the best pin at faire. It says:

I think my "Check Liver" light just came on!

:laugh: I wear it proudly:wink:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I bought the best pin at faire. It says:

I think my "Check Liver" light just came on!

:laugh: I wear it proudly:wink:

Hahaha awesome!

Aaaand I totally messed up, married in 5 months and 6 days, brain fart. One of our fur babies is sick so my mind is somewhere else. I did get her to get some water and boiled chicken down and so far it's staying there so I'm hoping it was just a 24 bug. In any event I'm going to go refill my wine glass ... with water! I like drinking my water or fizzy water from a wine glass because it feels a little spiffier plus our wine glasses are huge so for water it gets me my daily allotment quickly =]
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I managed 0 yesterday and hopefully 0 today....
  • Kat120285
    Options
    And again I want wine, bugger.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

I'm with SoCal on the 3-day thing and may have the urge tomorrow. I must hold out until Friday!!

Kat, does the feeling ever go away?

I tried Barre Yoga today. It was brutal. I had to modify a lot with the knee. I am going back again on Thursday. :ohwell: