Like Minded Lushes - May 2012

Options

Replies

• bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I was reading through the posts & saw one that Target has some kind of wine...is that right?

I'm just a little Kansas girl here. We just started selling alcohol on Sundays like 1 or 2 years ago! Way behind the times.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    18 lbs is AMAZING!!!!

Kat- have a great time in Bermuda I hear its beautiful!

Well our Target may be a Super Target, it has groceries and stuff. Not sure if they all have booze. And I do believe they have a mascato "wine cube" there also.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I was reading through the posts & saw one that Target has some kind of wine...is that right?

I'm just a little Kansas girl here. We just started selling alcohol on Sundays like 1 or 2 years ago! Way behind the times.

Your ahead of Minnesota...

Sue, I didn't see any that made the "best-tasting" list. But, when I go to the liquor store on Saturday, I will definitely check it out.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

We're finally starting Sunday sales here in CT this weekend, of course it's the weekend we're gone. We can only sell beer in grocery stores and nothing in gas stations or places like CVS so if you want anything hard or if you want wine you have to go to the package store.

Thanks Chloe, it'll be nice to get away for a few days =]
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Oh yea I forgot different states have different rules about booze. You can pretty much buy anything anywhere around Chicago. In college I lived in a small southern town that started selling on Sundays while I was there, thankfully! But, they did have drive thru liquor stores which was amazing especially when trying to use a fake ID :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Chole, what part of Chicago are you at? I grew up on the Northwest side and my parents now live in Park Ridge. That's where the grad party is.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My husband grew up in Park Ridge.

I've started drinking already. Poured myself a vodka/diet squirt while I'm folding laundry. :tongue:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options

I've started drinking already. Poured myself a vodka/diet squirt while I'm folding laundry. :tongue:

....and that always makes that chore a little easier to do, doesn't it?
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I grew up in Joliet (also known as the "toilet") but we bought a house in a town a little south.
  • Kat120285
    Options

Luckily I got most of my laundry done so I won't come back to a huge mountain of it, it is by far my least favorite house chore.

I have also started drinking, my shows are on summer hiatus so I'm sipping wine and catching up on some DVR'd shows with all the windows still open :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Indeed it does herbie!

Joliet...isn't that the place where peter brady's (ex) wife is from? Oh boy, I watch far too much reality crap tv, I think. :huh:
    Kat..I'm so jealous of your trip!! I need another getaway. Laguna Beach in June..but just for a couple of days.:frown:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Yes, my husband went to highschool with her.....lol usually I get the "isn't that the prison city (Statesville)
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    *waves to the midwesters from the drab state of Nebraska*

I'm envious, a bunch of my friends are doing a meet up in Chicago this weekend. I love that city!

I've done well all week given how miserable we were after this weekends um, debauchery. I may have one tonight. We're scoping out new locations for our Zombie Research group to meet at. I can limit to just one, right?

*crosses fingers*
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    haha chloe..i remember her mentioning the prison there as well. she seemed pretty cool to me..she's got a potty mouth..but so do I....so maybe that's why I kinda liked her. I have a peter brady (chris knight) story from my college days....but I'm going to save that for another day when I've had many, many more drinks. :wink:

wow sister..Nebraska!!...never met anyone from there. how do you like it? the husband also lived in Iowa for a while. I've travelled some on business but I'm seriously lacking any experience with the middle states.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    So of course the first DVR'd show I watch the yellow lab passes away :cry: I have a hard enough time thinking about my pups ages not to mention that my black lab was sitting right next to me so I was bawling. Crying makes me sooooo tired so I'm already ready for bed but I'm watching some more shows and soldiering on. I have always loved my fur babies more than anything in the world but now that I stay home with them all day every day I spend more time with them than anyone else. That is what makes it hard to leave them, don't get me wrong I love vacation and certainly need it since I'm stuck in a house all day every day but I really hate being away from them. However it's more I worry about if something happened to Kyle and I, what would happen to them because my mom certainly doesn't have the money to take care of all of them. I keep telling Kyle I want to set something up money wise so that if something did happen to us they would be taken care of, think he's finally understanding .... they are not pets, they are my kids :heart: God I hate that they can't be at our wedding =(
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yep, Peter Brady's wife is from there, I watched the reality show as well. Sydney, I am holding my breath to hear the story about that one. I think Cindy Crawford is from there as well.

My girlfriend has a house in Plainfield. I think South of Joliety. We both grew up in the city. We used to hang out in the alley's doing naughty things saying "Wow, someday we'll be like 30!" Ummmm, now we're all 45. Yikes! Half-dead now.

Sis, oooo Zombie research...very interesting...Been to a lot of states, but not Nebraska

Kat, come here and do laundry...I have 2 dogs and a cat you can play with...you will be fine and so will the fur babies :smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Bun, at least you live in Omaha...you could be in Brainard. Feck! I was in Omaha for 4 days at the beginning of February. It as for my Grandmother's funeral, and you were MIA from here, but my sibs and I were drunk the entire time. I wish we could have gotten together!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-12oz
    Wednesday-12oz
    Thursday-16oz
    Friday-definitely some wine...we'll see if my husband brings home some booze for me, if that is the case shots could be in my future! I am leaving work early to take my parents to the airport...they are going to Paris....super jealous! Hopefully I get home early, trying to get a run in tonight, my husband is even on board but only cause its our anniversary!
    Less than 1mth until the warrior dash, very excited very nervous!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!
    xo
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Yea I am right by Plainfield. Cindy Crawford is from DeKalb (I just googled it bc I had never heard she was from Joliet before).

Monday-Wednesday- 0
    Thursday- 10 oz merlot
    Friday- probably a couple cocktails after my sister's highschool graduation
    Saturday- best friends grad party from nursing school definitely booze
    Sunday- husbands cousin bday party probably a few cocktails

Lushy week for me, but its expected now that summer is here!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    happy anniversary miss blue!