Like Minded Lushes - May 2012

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Mama, your granddaughter is so stinking cute!!!

Kate, glad to hear that you aren't worried and that your man is being okay with it.

I miss you guys...I need to hang out here even if I'm not drinking. I had 2 glasses of wine on Tuesday and one on Wednesday, but that's about it. I'm sure you have figured out why Hubs isn't drinking and if not (and you want to know), PM me, and I'll let you know, so I'm trying to be supportive, but damn it, it's hard!!

Tonight is the "world premiere" of The Rock Crew which is my middle school's remake of The Breakfast Club. Husband played the part of Vernon so we have to be here...we get to get all dressed up and everything!!

Saturday is a family dinner at my parents' house--my mom's bro and sis are in town and it will be the first time I've seen them since my grandma's funeral and stuff. Wine will be had...oh yes, it will.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 1 beer in honor of my uncle.....................RIP
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Thu - 1 beer in honor of my uncle.....................RIP

:cry: So sorry Zip.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sorry zip =\

Rj that baby is oh so cute!!

So I drank like a true lush this week, have had drinks every night since last Thursday and yet the scale was way down today ... I'll take it!! I'll chalk it up to a decent amount of water each day, eating healthy and my bike rides each day.

Going out to dinner tonight for the fiancés dads birthday so there will be drinks. I will certainly get in my hour on the bike even though I'd rather not.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Social Distortion concert last night, 7 beers I think.
    Wednesday night=4 beers
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Dayum Robin! That pic is waaay too cute!

TGIF everyone.
    My baby turns 18 this weekend :sad: ...party tonight (that the husband and I will attend only for a bit) I may take an entire bottle of vodka to bed with me to console myself.
    His prom is tomorrow. *sigh*

How can my son become an adult when *I* don't even feel like one??
    I may stay in bed the whole weekend.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Zippo...Sorry about your Uncle *big hug* :brokenheart:

Robin, that baby is adorable!

Sydney, that's how I felt when mine went into the Army. Then, he came back :sad: It's bittersweet for sure. The vodka will console you nicely. I feel the same how the kids are probably more grown up than me. Maybe, it's just our generation? And, I'm OK with it.

Dot, I am not aware of your situation and probs none of my business...but, think it's really cool of you to be supportive :flowerforyou:

Thursday, 5 vodka sodas (4 at happy hour and 1 while I cleaned the kitchen before bed)
    Friday, thinking some easy wine, maybe 3. Son (14) is having birthday sleepover with friends so I have to try and not get too lushy.

Kim
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks Kim :flowerforyou:
    ...and awwww..B-day sleepovers. I remember those. I made the husband stay sober while I took the wine to the bedroom :glasses:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Dr. appt went well, some decisions to make but all in all eveything is GREAT! Got home early went for a 4mile job now BEER TIME!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    YAY!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    ...........that's a tough job..............
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks Kim :flowerforyou:
    ...and awwww..B-day sleepovers. I remember those. I made the husband stay sober while I took the wine to the bedroom :glasses:

That's hysterical!!

Kate...so glad that all is well with you...PARTYTIME :drinker: :drinker:

Just got my hair done, put a few purple highlights in there. I was skeptica at first 'cause I've got to look smart when I walk into a pt's room. But, all in all, she did a great job.

Now, off for some more barre yoga.

Oh, son sold rustbucket car which stained our new concrete driveway that we laid last Spring. His *kitten* is soooo gonna clean that up. I still can't believe the Army lets him have a gun.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Beer? Beer!!!!

Not sure how many I'll have tonight. We're making out tomorrow's agenda so maybe 4?
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hello my babes!

3 beers at dinner, 1 vodka fizzy water at home and now a beer in bed. So tired and so happy to be in bed. More festivities tomorrow which allow me to have champagne =] I'll put in a bike ride if time permits but I'm already at 3500 cals burnt this week through exercise so I'm not too concerned.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Friday :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Not bad lushes...another happy hour

2.5 glasses of wine
    1 vodka soda

Pretty controlled, right? Like Kat says "listening the somth'en someth'en" and then it's all good.

Paintballing for the boys. Party is over. I get 3 mile walk in. Deal with drinkin' tomorrow.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Dayum Robin! That pic is waaay too cute!

TGIF everyone.
    My baby turns 18 this weekend :sad: ...party tonight (that the husband and I will attend only for a bit) I may take an entire bottle of vodka to bed with me to console myself.
    His prom is tomorrow. *sigh*

How can my son become an adult when *I* don't even feel like one??
    I may stay in bed the whole weekend.

I know EXACTLY what you mean!! When my girls graduated from high school in 09 & 11, I kept thinking "but I JUST graduated"....lol
    My 19 yr old moved out of the house the beginning of April and she's already talking about coming back - I've barely even missed her yet!! :huh: :tongue:

Robin - your grandbaby is absolutely adorable!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    It was bad when they graduated, it got worse when they each had weddings and divorces and then when i became a grandma it is just so surreal. How can I be a grandma when I am still such a kid?

I have to say that the fit bit makes me realize what a slug I am and I am trying to move more. I managed to get guested into the Alaska Board room while waiting for a flight so I had a couple of glasses of wine (I got to get a filght that left 3.5 hours earlier than I planned) when I got home I was so wired and the DH had bought me Goose!!! It was a good night.

It sounds like all are doing well.

I have missed you Dot. please hang out with us and we will be supportive with you.

Thank to all who commented on my chunka monk Olive. She is a very healthy well fed (only breast milk) baby. I call this picture "The Model" She just has cheeks for days. You just want to grab them. I really miss her.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Listened to my drink voice last night as well as got in bed early. Didn't sleep well but was still up early, got my hour on the bike in while the fiancé got his work out done. Haven't eaten anything but did have coffee which still puts me in negative cals at the moment so we're out on the deck having margaritas. It's beautiful here today and with our umbrella up and the breeze it's amazing out here, all the fur babes are out with us too. I'm going to try and sip this marg as it's going to go straight to my head, fiancé thought that would be funny though.

Going out to dinner again tonight to celebrate the fiancés moms birthday as well as mothers day with his parents, his aunt, my mom and my gram. Already know what I'm getting, jumbo shrimp cocktail for my app and the kitchen sink salad for my meal, champagne of course :wink: The kitchen sink sounds like it might be unhealthy but actually it's probably one of the healthiest salads out there and I adore it. It's romaine lettuce in strips, baby tomato halves, two kinds of beans, chopped up cucumber lightly dressed in balsamic vinaigrette with just a few strips of tortilla chip on top for some great crunch. Describing it makes me want it to be dinner time right now!

Hope everyone else's weekend is going well :flowerforyou:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Today has been a pretty eventful day. Went to a good friend's graduation party this afternoon (she just graduated from nursing school!) and another graduation party this evening (friend got his education degree!), so fun evening ahead, hopefully. My old best friend (we had a falling out in January, and haven't seen each other since this afternoon), will be there so I will try to make it not awkward. I did a pretty good job this afternoon, but there will be more people to talk to at this event tonight so that'll be nice. I don't hate her, I just prefer not to be around her. I'm still friendly with her though. We chatted and it didn't seem too bad.

Then, I am coming home & drinking my wine & some beers since tomorrow is Mother's Day. Since I work on Monday, I probably won't drink much tomorrow, but thought I would do it tonight. Might as well. Really looking forward to not seeing anymore Mother's Day commercials. LOL.

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL weekend and a fabulous Saturday!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Liquid dinner tonight :heart: