Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-12oz of wine
    Wednesday-FAIL 12oz of wine
    Thursday-12oz of wine...already logged, it IS thursday after all :wink:
    Tomorrow is our 5yr wedding anniversary (hence the pic) we aren't doing anything tomorrow but saturday we are staying at a hotel a few miles away (FREE hotel stay...can't bet it) and going to a restaurant/bar with over 20 taps and tons of game meat (saw it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, haha)...should be interesting. Oh and we are going to a winery in the afternoon for a picinic :bigsmile:

Kat-my husband does very well with my "time" too...he grew up with 4 sisters so he understands :laugh:

Amy-Holy Crap Girl, your abs are amazing, great job!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    another bottle of white. Man, summer is going to be rough.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- Wednesday-0
    Tonight- I dont know yet....it has been a REALLY rough week, so wine would be nice. But, I'm going to get a good run in and then see how I feel
    Friday-sisters highschool graduation and then meeting some friend out to celebrate my best friend graduating from nursing school, so I am sure I will have some wine
    Saturday- Best friends grad party starting at 3.....so long day of lushiness
    Sunday- husbands cousins 18th bday party, so i am sure cocktails will be had
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Lots of beer last night which gave me a tiny buzz (beer doesn't do much for me anymore, unless of course it's 2 big beers at lunch on an empty stomach haha) felt fantastic this morning. Thinking I'll have wine tonight after getting some things done before we leave this weekend! Looks like it may rain quite a bit while we're in Bermuda but the fiancé said the hotel we're staying at has a nice bar so I think we'll be alright :wink:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 4
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, ???

Today is my son Kyle's 14th birthday. This is my third teenager and one more to go. So, drinks will be had.

I am having a huge graduation party with my sister for our kids graduating this year. So, I am thinking of buying some quality boxed wine and have done the research. Do you think it would be tacky to have boxed wine. We're having a keg of beer, so what's the difference? I am thinking of the waste and clean up factor.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Tomorrow is our 5yr wedding anniversary (hence the pic) we aren't doing anything tomorrow but saturday we are staying at a hotel a few miles away (FREE hotel stay...can't bet it)

Time for a baby...

Kat, the trip sounds amazing

Robin, the summer will be wonderful!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Kim, I often go to parties where there is boxed wine, I don't think there is anything wrong with it...what kind are you looking at?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Tomorrow is our 5yr wedding anniversary (hence the pic) we aren't doing anything tomorrow but saturday we are staying at a hotel a few miles away (FREE hotel stay...can't bet it)

Time for a baby...

My lushy ways prohibit that :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My lushy ways prohibit that :wink:

Ha, ha...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I've looked up a few from real simple when I googled the best boxed wines...they had quite a selection. So, I am going to see what Sam's club has and the local grocery stores. But, there are yellow & blue malbecs, Bandit pino grigio, Seven red table wine, bota shiraz, black box merlot and fish eye pinot grigio.

See you lushes later...off to lunch with hubs and wine shopping!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Love bota and black box wines :) Have fun!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Target has a "wine cube" that is really good I've tried merlot, cab, pinot noir and pinot grigio :drinker: ................and if anyone thinks its tacky tell them they don't have to drink it! More for the rest of you!....No for real if its a casual party with a keg then there is nothing wrong with boxed wines.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    *sigh* nothing for me all week..l
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi, Dot...your doing great!

Ok, just got back from the liquor store and they have 30% all wines on Saturday if you bring in 3 non-perishable items. They have the Bota and Black Box; so, it was meant to be. I'm thinking 6 boxes should be enough. Now, I have to be sure not to drink it all before the party.

Chole, I agree, if you don't like it. Don't drink it. BTW, do you know how long it stays fresh after you open it?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    We usually have a box open for 2-3wks and its fine......Um I mean it must get drank IMMEDIATELY after opening.....:drinker:

Amy-you're a very supportive and awesome wife!!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I think on the ones from Target it says good for 4 weeks......so I would assume they are all the same. Not that mine ever actually makes it to 4 weeks anyways :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I hear the box wines stay fresher because they are more air tight. I've never tried them tho. I just may have to put that on my "to do" list.

Back from the Dr. and I'm down 18 lbs from this time last year...which I kinda knew..but it made me feel good to hear it. :glasses: BP was also down to well into the normal range. Everything went great. Oh..and she gave me this new sleep medicine that I guess is all the rage. It's not addictive and supposedly has no bad side affects...so we shall see how that works.

So I will be drinking tonight...cuz that's what you do to celebrate a good dr. appt....right? :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    YAY 18lbs that's awesome! Glad the appointment went well!! xo
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Has anyone ever found a moscato in a box? (that almost sounds like a joke!) That's my favorite of wines and I would be happy to help the environment by cutting down on bottles!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I hear the box wines stay fresher because they are more air tight. I've never tried them tho. I just may have to put that on my "to do" list.

Back from the Dr. and I'm down 18 lbs from this time last year...which I kinda knew..but it made me feel good to hear it. :glasses: BP was also down to well into the normal range. Everything went great. Oh..and she gave me this new sleep medicine that I guess is all the rage. It's not addictive and supposedly has no bad side affects...so we shall see how that works.

So I will be drinking tonight...cuz that's what you do to celebrate a good dr. appt....right? :drinker:

Definitely!!!!

I've been getting the house ready for our trip, I hate coming home to a messy house so I'm getting things nice and clean so when we get home we can just bum around and hang out with the fur babes :smile:

I still need to get my bike ride out of the way but I am very much looking forward to opening a bottle of red from our new wine fridge :drinker: