Like Minded Lushes - May 2012

Options

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    So tonight I went to teach a sculpting class at this independent gym that is affiliated with a church (not sure what denomination, it doesn't really matter) but it is not a big known fitness center. They have always treated me very kindly and I have a small following of members. While I am leaving the manager, who is always cordial and smiling asks to talk to me and informs me that she is canceling my class to try a different format (Zumba) in that time slot. Okay...I understand that...so I ask if I work till the end of the month, the next two weeks? She says tonight was my last night. I let her know it would have been nice to have some warning so I at least could have said goodbye to my regulars. I have some couple of their emails, but I feel bad that I will not be able to contact the others. What a lame *kitten*!

Wine tonight....
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    well that doesn't sound very church like. :grumble:
    can you come to my club and teach, please? :heart:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Diana, what a crock of bull. Why would they change something when you have a following? Why exactly did they need your slot? I really starting to not like people with egos more and more.

Well, I did my elliptical and I think I sweat tequila...oy vay...I should have licked it :tongue:

Tomorrow, is wine club night...California it is. Although I have to say I am a fan of the mendoza region of Argentina which was last month. I am ready for the butter-chardonnay-gorgonzola pasta. A night of indulgence for sure.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I 2nd SoCal, not very church like :indifferent:

Lit a Fall candle because the scents of Fall always make me feel better (favorite season). I may just go up to bed and pop in either Hocus Pocus or Nightmare Before Christmas or Halloween Town and fall asleep (Halloween is my favorite holiday). Actually, my shows are over so that's exactly what I'm going to do =]
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 4 beers
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh my 3 margaritas turned into 4 THEN we stopped at appalachian brewing company and had 3 beers...just don't know when to quit. :sick:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Sunday-Thursday----zeros

Original plan was no drinks tonight, but I don't think I will make it until tomorrow. ****ty start to my day.....power went out at like 2AM cause of the storm, hubby is in DC helping his brother move this week, so its just me and the dog, so I was freaked out, power was still out this morning and we have a well, so the water stopped half way through my shower and then no coffee bc no power, then I step in a puddle getting out of my car to walk into this hellhole I call work. Let's just say thank god it is Friday! And I WILL be having a drink tonight!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sunday-Thursday----zeros

Original plan was no drinks tonight, but I don't think I will make it until tomorrow. ****ty start to my day.....power went out at like 2AM cause of the storm, hubby is in DC helping his brother move this week, so its just me and the dog, so I was freaked out, power was still out this morning and we have a well, so the water stopped half way through my shower and then no coffee bc no power, then I step in a puddle getting out of my car to walk into this hellhole I call work. Let's just say thank god it is Friday! And I WILL be having a drink tonight!

Awww Chloe, that's sucky, sorry Babe!!! I'd say you definitely deserve something for the morning you just described!!!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Wow active lushing this week. Well done.

Kim - I hope Ron's US Bank interview goes well. :bigsmile: both of my daughter work for them, Holly for 6.5 years and Brie for 2 years.
    Chloe - hope the day gets better. :flowerforyou:
    Kblue- I can relate to the just not knowing when to quit. that word doesn't seem to be in my vocabulary. :noway:
    Wolf - that totally blows:explode: about your class and them not giving you any notice.
    Sydney- you are my kind of lush. I love pix of vodka bottles. :love:
    Kat - I think wine instead of dinner is always good. :drinker:
    bgrune - I hope your back is better.

Okay so I had vodka diet lemon sunkists last night. tonight I am making citrus pork tacos with carmelized root vegies so I haven't decided what beverage will go well with it. But I am sure I will find something since it is FRIDAY!!!!!!

Have a great day my freinds.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had to share this liquor store sign I saw on facebook.

536359_10150806435692262_676792261_9492724_638897429_n.jpg
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    haha..cute sign!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Love that sign! However, quite honestly, I'm kind of ready for Mother's Day to pass. My Mom passed away 10 years ago, so Mother's Day is always really hard for me. I will definitely be drinking on Mother's Day, no doubt about that one.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Lushy May already, I haven't really checked in this week, but
    Sunday=4 beers
    Monday=3 beers
    Tuesday=half bottle of white wine
    Wednesday=3 beers
    Thursday= 3 beers
    Friday=yah! happy hour :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    sorry about your Mom, bgrune!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Love that sign! However, quite honestly, I'm kind of ready for Mother's Day to pass. My Mom passed away 10 years ago, so Mother's Day is always really hard for me. I will definitely be drinking on Mother's Day, no doubt about that one.

This makes me sad :cry: I can't even imagine :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    Options

This makes me sad :cry: I can't even imagine :flowerforyou:

Yes I agree. So sorry Bridget :cry: :heart:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Agreed Mama Lush =] what would I do without you?

Grune, I'm so sorry sweetums. My mom and I are close now thankfully.

Hope you know we are all here for you love ♥
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks all. I didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer. LOL.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. My hubby had the night off last night (it was a surprise), and now he may have the night off tonight too. When he came to bed last night, he said his back was really hurting him. I'm starting to think hurt backs are contagious in this house! We're both down for the count.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I lost my mom too bgrune..I know how ya feel. It helps when you become a mom yourself, the day becomes a bit more bearable.

I had a big fat 0 last night..but that's because I was a hungover mess. :noway: at my age, you'd think I'd learn the meaning of moderation.
    marinating skirt steak for carne asada to be grilled tonight..along with sweet corn. making homemade salsa and guacamole. i have my SIL's homemade tortillas. husband is picking up plenty of beer...which I don't drink, so maybe I will have wine?
    Gotta get a work out in before all this, for sure.

Feliz cinco de mayo, mis amigos!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo Lushes!

Yesterday my daughter came over and we had a bake-fest and made a couple of awesome Margarita cream pies. They came out so pretty and tasty too. I thought I would share, well virtually at least. This way you don't have to work off the calories :wink: . The bottom is a pretzel crust, the middle a creamy margarita flavored cheesecake and the top is like a jello shot!

margaritapie0011-1.jpg

Mama Lush - Love the sign!

SoCal & bgrune - Sorry about your mums, that must be hard.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend!