Like Minded Lushes - May 2012

Options

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I bought the best pin at faire. It says:

I think my "Check Liver" light just came on!

:laugh: I wear it proudly:wink:

That is hilarious!! Love it!
    And I think my "check liver" light was flashing so I've been really good (so far) this week:
    0 drinks on Monday, Tuesday and today :laugh:
    Of course, Saturday is Cinco de Mayo and we always go out and celebrate that (just because it's an excuse to go out and drink!) and then my bday is Tuesday so I'll probably drink then but still....
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Monday 0, tuesday 0, wednesday = opened a large bottle of cider to make a sauce for some pork loin and have drunk nearly all of the rest of it :blushing:

Mmmmmm, sounds like a great dinner!!
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bought the best pin at faire. It says:

I think my "Check Liver" light just came on!

:laugh: I wear it proudly:wink:

I was thinking "ooh, I want that on a bumpersticker", but then realized that might not be a good idea, lol ;-)
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    i have missed you all! welcome to May!!:drinker:

Hubs is still without a job so things very stressful here, but hanging in there.

Sunday bottle of moscato
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Monday 4.5
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
    Today 0 :)
    :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-think I'm getting my mexican on tonight.....Margaritas...gonna try and contain it to no more than 3...HA probably should shot for a lower number BUT I know me :wink:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Robin, good to see you back but all this abstaining from alcohol is worrying me a bit!

Sun-0
    Mon-0
    Tues-0 but I seriously thought about having some wine.

We shall see what happens tonite. I'm gunna shoot for 0 cuz I still have afew lbs to drop that I gained over my trip.

Happy hump day!

Not to worry, last night was a whole bottle of Syrah topped off with a vodka rocks night cap. :tongue:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    *whew*! That's the Mama Lush we all know and love! :drinker:

No booze yesterday but I ate like crap...which is just as annoying. :grumble:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Made it last night too! This is the longest I've lasted, meaning normally when I go one week with a few 0's in a row the next week I usually end up drinking every night. Not this week.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0!

Probably a 0 for tonight as I need to get up early to get my hour and a half work out done before we go shopping for my moms, grams and fiancés moms dresses for the wedding.

I cannot wait to have some wine tomorrow though, it'll be nice to hopefully relax a little after this stressful week :smile:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    *whew*! That's the Mama Lush we all know and love! :drinker:

No booze yesterday but I ate like crap...which is just as annoying. :grumble:

Tum tum tum tum TUMS!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I buckled last night...vodka sodas at restaurant (4) and margs at home hanging out on the deck (3)

I tried 1800 tequila mix and the directions say, mix equal parts of mix with tequila. Who am I to argue? Holy **** is all I have to say!! My body is definitely not used to the tequila.

Krisco, I am hoping for the best for your family.:flowerforyou:
    Kat, good job on the 0's :drinker:
    Mama Lush, glad that your back on board. Ron's 2nd interview is tomorrow with US Bank. If I remember, that's who Holly works for, right? He would be at EPOC. She would probably know where that is.
    Kate, enjoy the margs...I did :bigsmile:

Shout-out to all I missed...

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 7'ish
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, Wine Club meets, probably a bottle? 5'ish
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! I'm excited tomorrow is Friday!

I hurt my back pretty bad last week...so, wine will be wonderful tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it!! It's the little things in life that I look forward to. LOL.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hello all!! I'm excited tomorrow is Friday!

I hurt my back pretty bad last week...so, wine will be wonderful tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it!! It's the little things in life that I look forward to. LOL.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!!!

Hope your back feels better soon :flowerforyou:

It's been a stressful week here so I too am looking forward to wine tomorrow :drinker:

And thanks nisi, it hasn't been easy this week keeping the 0's but I do like seeing them in a row :smile:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hah this week has a food/alcohol link going on. Tonight's dinner was steak in peppercorn sauce, it was just crying out for a glass of red (or 2) to go with it, how could I refuse? :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, I'm making ancho chili rubbed steak and chopping them up for taco with homemade guac....no marg tho...I've got to work tomorrow.

Yesterday, I think we all had pork in some way....like minded lushes for sure
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    YUMM on the dinner Kim. Sounds DE-lish!

The streak is over folks. Just poured myself a vodka/diet squirt w/ splash of cran
    Sun-0
    Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs...who knows? not too many..Gotta be functional tomorrow.

TGIF everyone! :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    YUMM on the dinner Kim. Sounds DE-lish!

The streak is over folks. Just poured myself a vodka/diet squirt w/ splash of cran
    Sun-0
    Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs...who knows? not too many..Gotta be functional tomorrow.

TGIF everyone! :drinker:

Look at all those 0's!

I've been rethinking the no wine thing tonight haha. Just put in a good bike ride and I'm not real hungry for dinner or anything so wine would be nice during my shows :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Heh Kat..thanks. 4 is about a record for me.
    The guys are going out to dinner with my MIL..and I'm skipping it. Doing laundry...got some alone time. The effen vodka called my name. BTW anyone who is a vodka lover..it is *still* the best brand out there I think.
    11048707_effen.jpg
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Jeeebus..how bad of a lush are you when you start posting pics of vodka bottles? :glasses:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hahaha just a dedicated lush =] I love effen, especially the black cherry. We bought the huge bottle that has a stand and spout once, it went pretty quick.