Woman Claims to be a 'Former Lesbian'

Options

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    If you have another way to explain it please do so. From the mouths of every person in this thread. Gays are born that way. (genetic) the alternative is?

Any number of environment factors that may come into play. Or possibly even a combination of genetics and environmental factors. For example, there's nothing about your genetic code that pre-destined you to be male. It wound up that way for a number of other reasons.

Actually it was all genetic code and my mother living on a farm instead of the city had no bearing on it. either way you still have explained it. Its either genetic or choice.

Its part of your genetic make up or its nurture or choice

See that. Your rudimentary understanding of what an environmental factor is in this context. I can either accept that you're playing ignorant, or you really are ignorant.

You choose. Troll or simpleton.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So because I offer an alternative discussion point. One that is at least in this thread unpopular idea;im a troll.
    Wearing glasses isn't terribly desirable by that standard either there, sport. And yet I wouldn't call you four eyes (in part because I also wear glasses). More importantly, if you found it offensive, I would ask someone to stop using the term because it's disrespectful.

Requiring glasses does not mean its a less then desirable trait. I wasn't born needing glasses. I didn't require glasses until I was in the 4th grade. My degraded sight is due to ready a lot in near dark conditions while growing up. And as such that trait maybe considered desirable as it would suggest one who reads a great deal has a certainly level of desired intelligence

Uh huh. I'm sure the fact that some families include members who all wear glasses while others include members where no one does is pure coincidence. :) Keep trying troll. You're an amusing plaything.

So because 2 adults who are well educated promote reading in their family they are more likely to wear glasses. Its a proven fact. Are there some genetic factors in there that contribute to a weaker focal ability. Absolutely Those traits would likely not pass successfully except. Nerds like nerds so they both retain the gene passing it on. :) See they can procreate and as I said having glasses is not necessarily a negative genetic trait if someone seeks it out.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Because its not in and of its self offensive its offensive because you have made it offensive. Your vocabulary requirements that you are forcing on others mean nothing. Im not required to hone my vocabulary in a way to be politically correct. If I called you a retard that would be different.
    You're focusing on me, as in a singular person. I'm talking about words that are known to offend a group of people. Of course you're not "required" to change your vocabulary just to avoid offending people. To me that's just human decency, which I realize not everyone has.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    If you have another way to explain it please do so. From the mouths of every person in this thread. Gays are born that way. (genetic) the alternative is?

Any number of environment factors that may come into play. Or possibly even a combination of genetics and environmental factors. For example, there's nothing about your genetic code that pre-destined you to be male. It wound up that way for a number of other reasons.

Actually it was all genetic code and my mother living on a farm instead of the city had no bearing on it. either way you still have explained it. Its either genetic or choice.

Its part of your genetic make up or its nurture or choice

See that. Your rudimentary understanding of what an environmental factor is in this context. I can either accept that you're playing ignorant, or you really are ignorant.

You choose. Troll or simpleton.

Dont you mean retard? It is the next level up from medically retarded. :)

I chose to simplify it because you still have not answered. I know its difficult because for you to do so would mean you either have to agree that what you have said before is true or you have to confirm that its a choice.

I dont honestly care either way . I just hate the hyped up bull**** and lies that comes from the community and the lifestyle
  • macpatti
    Options
    I dont honestly care either way . I just hate the hyped up bull**** and lies that comes from the community and the lifestyle
    Wait....what???? What do you mean "the lifestyle"?????
  • EvanKeel
    Options

I chose to simplify it because you still have not answered. I know its difficult because for you to do so would mean you either have to agree that what you have said before is true or you have to confirm that its a choice.

But if I don't believe you're sincere, I have no reason to give you a sincere response. You've demonstrated that you don't have a regard for actually having a discussion about this by the fact that you're willfully shifting context to suit your own ends with no regard for actually having a productive conversation. (or you're ignorant).

Really all you're doing is the adult version of throwing a temper tantrum here. It's not very constructive. Perhaps you could brush up on your biology instead.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

the same one Evan refers to here but calls something different. Its about changing language to fit the need.
    RE: Lifestyles and Choices

There is no "homosexual lifestyle." There is a gay sub-culture, certainly, and it was developed out of a necessity of being othered. I just don't think think a difference in the gender of the people who somebody loves/is attracted to/marries/dates, etc, constitutes a different lifestyle.

I still have no reason to believe that people choose to be homosexual. People don't choose to be heterosexual. I have never talked to a single self-identified straight man who said, "I could go either way, but I weighed all the options and decided I liked women." Sexual orientation isn't just about behavior; it's also partly about identity.

and I'm sorry but I'm out for the day. Ill try to check back tomorrow I enjoyed the back and forth.
  • EvanKeel
    Options

He's being a little neurotic by attributing the community or "lifestyle" with attribute of being a "liar." It wouldn't surprise me if he needed some professional help for emotional problems. He probably genuinely has some issues that I shouldn't make fun of, so I won't.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

But if I don't believe you're sincere, I have no reason to give you a sincere response. You've demonstrated that you don't have a regard for actually having a discussion about this by the fact that you're willfully shifting context to suit your own ends with no regard for actually having a productive conversation. (or you're ignorant).

Really all you're doing is the adult version of throwing a temper tantrum here. It's not very constructive. Perhaps you could brush up on your biology instead.

Im sorry you feel that way Evan. I laid it out quit simply. I can refer you to Darwin's theory on evolution if you like a more scientific explanation of Natural selection and how negative and positive traits interact in the evolutionary process.

Additionally the alternative would explain the original posters subject matter. Choice.
  • macpatti
    Options
    the same one Evan refers to here but calls something different. Its about changing language to fit the need.
    I guess I'm lost on what you mean by the "hyped up bull**** and lies that comes from the (gay) community. What are you talking about?
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

He's being a little neurotic by attributing the community or "lifestyle" with attribute of being a "liar." It wouldn't surprise me if he needed some professional help for emotional problems. He probably genuinely has some issues that I shouldn't make fun of, so I won't.

For a group of people that's supposedly so accepting you sure do throw a lot of stones. But its ok I understand
  • EvanKeel
    Options

Im sorry you feel that way Evan. I laid it out quit simply. I can refer you to Darwin's theory on evolution if you like a more scientific explanation of Natural selection and how negative and positive traits interact in the evolutionary process.

Additionally the alternative would explain the original posters subject matter. Choice.

By the same token, you're welcome to do your own research on what environmental factors can affect how animals are born. It's actually fairly simple. I'll even give you a head start. It was at one point theorized, that hormonal changes during pregnancy could result in changes to sexual orientation. It's beyond difficult to actually show a mechanism for that so ti's not really provable, but that would be an environmental factor. You're born with it, you didn't choose it, but it's not genetic either.

Be well.
  • macpatti
    Options
    It was at one point theorized, that hormonal changes during pregnancy could result in changes to sexual orientation. It's beyond difficult to actually show a mechanism for that so ti's not really provable, but that would be an environmental factor. You're born with it, you didn't choose it, but it's not genetic either.
    I believe this is still an accepted theory. No?
  • EvanKeel
    Options

For a group of people that's supposedly so accepting you sure do throw a lot of stones. But its ok I understand

I am accepting. I'm just not a saint. If you want to call me out for not accepting someone who I have no doubt would decry me as a deviant and a liar and attempt to explain away any ill-will on his part, feel free :)
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    It was at one point theorized, that hormonal changes during pregnancy could result in changes to sexual orientation. It's beyond difficult to actually show a mechanism for that so ti's not really provable, but that would be an environmental factor. You're born with it, you didn't choose it, but it's not genetic either.
    I believe this is still an accepted theory. No?

It's definitely still in the running, as far as I'm aware, yes.
  • macpatti
    Options
    I just don't understand how some people, especially ones who call themselves Christians, can hate people for being born a certain way. Discusses me, really.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    jumped the line again.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand how some people, especially ones who call themselves Christians, can hate people for being born a certain way. Discusses me, really.

Not you and not all Christians, but unfortunately, for some people, dominionism and exclusion are the essence of "their" "Christianity".
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options

This guy, Richard Dawkins, is an Evolutionary Biologist. He explains here how the so called 'gay gene' has survived evolution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHDCAllQgS0&feature=related
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If its not a choice than you are nothing more that a less desirable genetic trait that is doomed to pass and not be carried on...That in itself is not a good thing. It is natural selection. A member of species that can not reproduce is not able to contribute to the gene pool.
    Sorry, but being gay has nothing to do with our ability to reproduce. I know plenty of gay people who have biologically-related children.

It's funny that it's ok to say, that's so gay! in a pejorative way and claim that it's got nothing to do with homosexuality, but if someone were to use the word black or jewish then that would automatically be seen as racist/anti-Semitic without question.

Just because you personally don't find a word offensive, doesn't mean it's not offensive.