how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    *puts on ashamed face*

I've gained 20 in 20 weeks. My doctor is not happy. I gained 10 within the first 2 months, just because I didn't feel good eating anything but bread. I was eating to lose before, usually 13-1500 a day. I was 5'5 and 175, now I'm at 194. I hope it's true what one of the girls above said, that when you were dieting before, your body immediately wants to build up its fat stores. I promised my doctor I would try not to gain more weight before my next appointment so I am now trying to set a goal of 1800 a day instead of 2000, but so far it's not working. I'm still hungry after 1800 and I think for the most part I'm eating well. Getting TONS of fiber and trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies. Blergh.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think our bodies are going to do what they want, we just have to do the best we can, and try not to worry too much until after the baby. I am currently up 11lbs at 18weeks, and feel I'm not doing bad. I just feel that the weight is going to start packing on later when the baby actually gains a lot! Oh well, it will all be worth it and I know I will be able to get it off after I have the baby :)
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am 14 weeks and 3 days and I have gained 4 lbs. Not good or bad I suppose lol I need to start being more careful that's for sure! Good luck ladies with maintaining your weight! :)
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    have almost gained back everything i lost. June last year till oct 2011 i love a little over 30 lb. Now i am 34 weeks along and have gained 26 lbs. I feel bad about it but have been told my my doctors and ultra sound tec that the only place they can see the gain is in my belly and breast. I have been good and eating healthy and eating right but i have been drinking more milk and not counting like i should.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have gained 25lb at 31 weeks.
    In the first tri I gained 3lb, then didnt weigh until 20 weeks and had gained 20 in total, so that made me panic. So in the last 11 weeks Ive only gained 5lb.

Look slike it will balance out in the end - so Im sure everyone elses will too.

Helen
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i am beginning to realize that my body is going to do what it wants/ has to do too. i thought i would be able to maintain or keep my gain to less than 4 pounds in the 1st trimester and keep it 25-ish throughout the pregnancy but now i really dont know what i will gain bc i cant control it. my body is in control not me. (i am controlling what foods i put in and to keep exercising though :) so i am 20 weeks and i have gained approx 13-14 pounds. really, not that bad but i was looking to have only gained ab 10 at this point.
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i am beginning to realize that my body is going to do what it wants/ has to do too. i thought i would be able to maintain or keep my gain to less than 4 pounds in the 1st trimester and keep it 25-ish throughout the pregnancy but now i really dont know what i will gain bc i cant control it. my body is in control not me. (i am controlling what foods i put in and to keep exercising though :) so i am 20 weeks and i have gained approx 13-14 pounds. really, not that bad but i was looking to have only gained ab 10 at this point.

I very much agree with you - alot of it might be water weight too, which comes off really fast after (or so I hear)!!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm 20w4d and was up 18lbs yesterday (up 4lbs in the last week alone), but was down a bit again today. I think I'm retaining some water, my feet were a bit puffy after work yesterday, and I had wicked sock lines around my calves (they looked great with the capris I changed into to go to the gym right after work!) I have been eating maintenance calories and exercising and am still gaining like crazy, so I agree that our bodies will do what they need to. And really, I don't know anybody who stayed under the 30-35lb gain. One of my friends gained 60lbs, but did say most was water and it does indeed come off quickly.
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    13 weeks and I gained 5 lbs ...
    I am not THAT worried .. because I know I am putting healthy foods in my body and excercising ...
    I am not perfect (who is anyhow ?? )
    My body knows better what is the best way to react to this pregnancy ... :smile:

Eat 90% of healthy food, 90% of the time and we will be fine :) ....
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am almost 27 weeks and have gained 18lbs so far. My midwife does not want me to gain more than 30lbs.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 weeks and only gained 3 pounds so far. My doctor told me not to freak out because he says that I am losing bad fat while at the same time gaining belly and boob due to my diet change.

I used to be a heavy beer drinker and the first time I quit drinking I lost 16 pounds in two weeks. So my doctor believes that my overall life change is why I'm losing weight in certain parts of my body but gaining it at the same time where I need it.

I still worry sometimes that I only gained 3 lbs, but I have to keep reminding myself that I am much healthier now than I was 19 weeks ago. I think now that my body has adjusted to my healthy lifestyle I am going to begin gaining more weight.
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think our bodies are going to do what they want, we just have to do the best we can, and try not to worry too much until after the baby. I am currently up 11lbs at 18weeks, and feel I'm not doing bad. I just feel that the weight is going to start packing on later when the baby actually gains a lot! Oh well, it will all be worth it and I know I will be able to get it off after I have the baby :)

YES! This is absolutely true. My first pregnancy I didn't exercise at all and ate pretty much anything I wanted. I gained 45 lbs. My 2nd pregnancy I worked out some, and was more conscious of my eating and gained... 45 lbs. This pregnancy I've been working out pretty much every day and have been watching my calories much closer. Guess what, Im 33 weeks and have gained 37 lbs! Looks like I'm on track for... 45 lbs again! I have friends who sit on their butts and eat bon bons all day and only gain 20. It sucks, but I am a strong believer that your body does what it does for a reason.

My kids are only 17 months apart. After baby 1, I lost all 45 lbs plus another 10 within 8 months. Before I got pregnant this time I had lost all 45 lbs and another 15 within 8 months. Pregnancy is NOT the time to stress about weight and count every single calorie that goes in. Just be smart, keep up with exercise and enjoy this. It's only 10 months of your life and you have the rest of it to worry about calorie counting and weight loss. I'm sure you all look beautiful and your bodies are doing exactly what they need to to be healthy for your baby!
  • Tiffanylynn2212
    Tiffanylynn2212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 31 weeks and have gained 8 pounds so far.... I am overweight so my OB and I agreed on a 10 pound goal for the entire pregnancy. I also just found out I have gestational diabetes and she is a big baby! At least an 8 pounder... :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    So....I've reminded many of my pregnant friends here that initial weight gain is alot of hormones and water weight and a changing body. Somehow I can't remember my own advice when it comes to myself because I'm flipping out a bit...I'm up 9 pounds and I'm 9 weeks and my goal was a max of 25 for the entire pregnancy. I'm doing the best I can food-wise, but carbs are pretty much my life now. Ahhhhhhhh!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    So....I've reminded many of my pregnant friends here that initial weight gain is alot of hormones and water weight and a changing body. Somehow I can't remember my own advice when it comes to myself because I'm flipping out a bit...I'm up 9 pounds and I'm 9 weeks and my goal was a max of 25 for the entire pregnancy. I'm doing the best I can food-wise, but carbs are pretty much my life now. Ahhhhhhhh!

I have that conflict myself. Even though I know it's normal, I still have problems accepting it sometimes. Hopefully we get used to this!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

DItto, Almost like the saying "easier said than done". But em is seems like me and you are about on the same track. 1lb per week. lol
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6-7 weeks. I was up 8 lbs but I'm back down to only being about 3 lbs over as of this morning. Most of it was bloaty water weight. The worst of it is that it's all in my belly. I have virtually no extra bloat anywhere else. Very weird, but as long as I'm healthy and my baby is healthy, I'm okay with a little bloating. Just makes my pants a bit tighter than I like.
  • luvinlife2full
    luvinlife2full Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    http://www.indiacurry.com/women/pregcalc.htm.
    This website might help you out.
    I am 31 weeks and have gained almost 12 lbs. But with my first pregnancy I gained 35 lbs total and gained around 10 lbs the first trimester. We are all different and each pregnancy we have is different. Best wishes!! Just keep eating healthy and exercising and your body will do what it needs to keep tu and your lil ones healthy :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    woohoo, I am 10wks1day and I have not gained weight this week! so I am still up 2.8-3lbs, which I am satisfied with
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 9wks5d and I am up about 4 lbs. I was freaking out about it at first, but have been at a standstill for about a week or so now. I figured the scale would go up a little since I upped my calories from losing to maintenance....and then some on some days. :noway: So, I guess I'm just going to let my body do what it needs to. I still walk/jog 5 days a week and watch what I eat when i can, but I've also been EXTREMELY exhausted, so frozen pizza or other quick things have been crossing our table a little too often. Oh well.....hopefully it will pass.