how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• misslouisiana
    misslouisiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 32 weeks and have gained 43 lbs already. I know alot of it is in my belly and boobs. This is also my 3rd and its a boy. He is already big just like his brother was. I have a feeling he will be at least 9lbs which is good news for me. I gained most of my weight early on and now its slowing down. :bigsmile:

It can be discouraging because you feel like a whale when you walk in a room. However I tell myself this is temporary and I will get my body back like I did with the other 2 pregnancies.
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My doctor actually scolded me yesterday and made me cry over my weight gain. I’m 30 weeks and according to my scale I’ve gained 25 pounds. According to the doctors scale (when I weigh in fully clothed, etc) she shows I’ve gained 30 pounds to date.

Either way, she said she only wants me to gain 5 pounds over these last 10 weeks, so a half pound a week from now on. Which seems impossible to me since my baby still needs to gain atleast 6 pounds
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My doctor actually scolded me yesterday and made me cry over my weight gain. I’m 30 weeks and according to my scale I’ve gained 25 pounds. According to the doctors scale (when I weigh in fully clothed, etc) she shows I’ve gained 30 pounds to date.

Either way, she said she only wants me to gain 5 pounds over these last 10 weeks, so a half pound a week from now on. Which seems impossible to me since my baby still needs to gain atleast 6 pounds

I know it seems hard...During my last pregnancy I ended up really watching what I was eating (I gained 40 total the last time) at the end and I didn't gain ANY the last few weeks but baby did! Dunno how, but it's possible and baby came out a healthy 8 lb. 10 ouncer!! You can do it- just try your best:)
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    23 Weeks and up 16 lbs

Last appointment the Doctor told me to try and keep it closer to 30 lbs of a weight gain. I'm like, I'm keeping it 200 calories above maintenance for the most part, exercising, etc.....at a certain point there's just nothing more that I can do so I'm not going to stress over it too much :smile:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 13 weeks and have gained 14pounds already, but that still puts me at a healthy BMI so I'm not too worried. And I'm now the weight that I was at the start of my first pregnancy. With my first I gained about 45 pounds...but my little girl weighed 9.2 pounds! So I lost a lot of weight pretty quickly after I had her; i then continued to lose and ended up losing over 55 pounds in total; I think my second will also be a big baby (runs in the family despite me not being that big!) I know it can be disconcerting and hard seeing the scales increase, but I would really not worry too much about it, and if you're able to resist try not to weigh yourself until at least 6months after the birth.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but as a guide this is where some of the weight goes:

Baby: 7-8 pounds
    Placenta: 1-2 pounds
    Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
    Uterus: 2 pounds
    Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
    Maternal blood : 4 pounds
    Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
    Maternal fat and nutrient stores: 7 pounds

So even an overall weight gain of 30-35 pounds can be considered healthy; I needed the extra weight to support my daughter as I put it on on my hips, this was to ease the pressure that my back was taking.

As long as you remember to eat sensibly once the baby is here and take baby out for plenty of walks; the weight will come back off :-)

Please try not to worry and enjoy the weird and wonderful things pregnancy brings :-)

I hope you all have a happy and healthy pregnancy
    Xx

Thank you! I needed to read this today! :)
  • misslouisiana
    misslouisiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I am so glad my doctor doesn't give me a hard time about it. He just tells me to try better the next time but never makes me feel guilty. However, My doctor from my previous would always say something and it made me feel bad. In reality, it is hard to have the perfect weight gain so don't be hard on yourself.
  • jasha13
    jasha13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has gained a lot?

23w 5d and up 28lbs :sad: My OB said he isn't concerned (however at last app he did remind me that I need to be getting in more exercise and at the same time told me to stay off my feet for the swelling. Confusing much???) and that I may be "one of those" who just gains no matter what. But I am SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED. I truly feel like I am the only one counting calories, trying to exercise, trying to keep under and still gaining like a hippo! DH swears he notices a huge difference from last pregnancy and last night we even compared belly shots. I do look a lot thinner (I had lost 62lbs from last pregnancy to when I got preggers this go), but 28lbs? at 23w 5d!?!?!?! I was only supposed to gain 25lbs this time.

I am swelling A LOT and never did with my others. But seeing this thread...I think I am the only one with this much gain :cry:

No, I am 23 weeks and have gained 30-32lbs! I don't feel it, I'm still in my regular clothes and I don't look as if I've gained that much. I was supposed to only gain about 20lbs. My last pregnancy I gained 60lbs and lost 85 so I started bout better this time,but still gaining. My son was 8lbs 12oz so my dr thinks I'm growing faster, bigger baby and retaining water.....ugh I know we can lose the weight , but the actually scale numbers can be depressing but I don't stree because I feel great!
  • jasha13
    jasha13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

OMG! Don't you hate their scale vs. your scale
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 18wks and have gained 4lbs. My dr. said a 20lb gain is plenty and that anything over 15lb is yours to keep! My own personal goal is 20-25lb gain. I didn't gain anything until 4months. I got pregnant being overweight so I really want to stay on top of this.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    hey all i came across a websire that gives you the specific amount of calories you should eat based on pre pregnancy weight, height and age per trimester

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm 18wks and have gained 4lbs. My dr. said a 20lb gain is plenty and that anything over 15lb is yours to keep! My own personal goal is 20-25lb gain. I didn't gain anything until 4months. I got pregnant being overweight so I really want to stay on top of this.

I know what you mean! I was a little overweight when i got preggo and I'm really trying to keep it down. My Dr told me to aim for 15-25 lbs so my goal is 15 lbs lol oh and I am 17 weeks (almost) and have gained 5 lbs so far. I hope to not gain any more till I'm at least 20 weeks!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    hey all i came across a websire that gives you the specific amount of calories you should eat based on pre pregnancy weight, height and age per trimester

Thanks for that girl!!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options

Thanks for that girl!!
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 11 weeks and I have gained about 1.5-2 lbs, it fluctuates. I recently, just before conceiving lost 31 lbs and got into ONEderland!! I got down to 198 and have been staying around 199-200. I know it's inevitable but I hate seeing that 200 again. It is worth it to have a healthy baby so I am not too worried. I am pretty happy that I have not gained more because with all the nausea and fatigue I have not been exercising at all whatsoever. I plan to get out there and walk again once I feel better but that didn't come until 18 weeks with my son. With my son's pregnancy I think by this point I had already gained 15 lbs so I am quite pleased. I am still considered obese so I don't want to gain more than 20 lbs this pregnancy, but we shall see. Probably a lot of wishful thinking.
  • Aphrodite3010
    Aphrodite3010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 29 weeks and havent gained anything, I lost about 30 lbs during this pregnancy and have maintained that weight loss. I havent lost any weight in the past two months. My doctor is beyond pleased as its due to eating healthier and moving more so, so far so good!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

thank you. i have been looking everywhere for something like this :)
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am 29 weeks and havent gained anything, I lost about 30 lbs during this pregnancy and have maintained that weight loss. I havent lost any weight in the past two months. My doctor is beyond pleased as its due to eating healthier and moving more so, so far so good!
    AWESOME!!!!!
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My big goal right now is keeping muscle tone. My legs are doing great but my arms are starting to revert back.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    WELP. I'm 8 weeks as of this week, and I'm officially up 11 lbs, all in water weight, and almost all in my belly. GRRRRR.... Doc says it's normal since I've not had much nausea.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm officially up 17lbs @ 21 weeks. I was pleased to see I didn't really gain anything since last week!