how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    12 weeks and I am up 5lbs! grrr... I have a ? to you all. My weight was 126 before I found out I was pregnant, then I went on vacation for 3weeks and when I came back home I was 123-124. I was already 5weeks pregnant when I got back home. What weight do I go by? I have been using 124 as my prepregnant weight so that puts me up at 5lbs but if I use 126, it puts me up 3lbs. lol I am so confused. ALSO I am 5'5 and my BMI before pregnancy was 20.6, they say anything under 20.0 you are underweight and should gain 40lbs. But I am right on the border line of underweight and normal, so how much weight should I gain? lol. I am confused. haha
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    12 weeks and I am up 5lbs! grrr... I have a ? to you all. My weight was 126 before I found out I was pregnant, then I went on vacation for 3weeks and when I came back home I was 123-124. I was already 5weeks pregnant when I got back home. What weight do I go by? I have been using 124 as my prepregnant weight so that puts me up at 5lbs but if I use 126, it puts me up 3lbs. lol I am so confused. ALSO I am 5'5 and my BMI before pregnancy was 20.6, they say anything under 20.0 you are underweight and should gain 40lbs. But I am right on the border line of underweight and normal, so how much weight should I gain? lol. I am confused. haha

I would go with whatever makes you feel better, so I would go with 126..lol! I'm not sure on the weight gain, I would talk to your doctor, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt you to gain 40lbs, but it looks like so far you're doing well, so just keep it up!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Week 16 starts today, and I have gained 7-8 lbs. I am 36 and with the last two, I gained a ton of weight, mostly because I ate with total abandon for several years. I worked so hard to get back in shape, but was already 5 -10 lbs up when the baby was conceived. I'm trying to find a healthy balance without being extreme in either direction, and gain the 25-30 lbs.
  • CountryGirl84
    CountryGirl84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 17 weeks pregnant and have gained 3lbs, I am REALLY hoping to stay at 25lbs total weight gain because I was already starting out 11-16lbs heavier than my goal weight...

For me the challenge is to really eat healthy, I tend to be on the go a lot and end up just grabbing the quickest thing which usually isn't the healthiest thing, or eating too much of things...
  • CountryGirl84
    CountryGirl84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

They usually calculate by your weight at your first appointment...I would count from 126 if I were you
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 36 weeks and have only gained 5lbs over the last 3 weeks much better than my last pregnancies.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Update: I'm at 28 weeks now, and I'm up 24.5lbs.

My goal was to stay below a 30lb weight gain, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I started out with a healthy BMI and I'm eating super healthy (I've got GD).
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Today I am 21w3d and I have gained 14 pounds... I am trying not to gain more than 25 to 30 pounds, so we will see...
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Up to 233.4 :angry: Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Makes for a total weight gain of 38.4. My OB isn't going to be happy. Momma isn't happy!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 weeks and only gained 3 pounds so far. My doctor told me not to freak out because he says that I am losing bad fat while at the same time gaining belly and boob due to my diet change.

I used to be a heavy beer drinker and the first time I quit drinking I lost 16 pounds in two weeks. So my doctor believes that my overall life change is why I'm losing weight in certain parts of my body but gaining it at the same time where I need it.

I still worry sometimes that I only gained 3 lbs, but I have to keep reminding myself that I am much healthier now than I was 19 weeks ago. I think now that my body has adjusted to my healthy lifestyle I am going to begin gaining more weight.
    Yes. This is me, too. I have gained about 4 pounds and am 18 weeks. I was at the gym last week and someone who I was doing body combat with prepregnancy was complimenting me on my weiht loss. Then I turned around and they saw my belly. So it is good to know the weight is going to the right places and not to my butt.

That's awesome! I've also received compliments on losing in the right spots. People keep telling me that I am carrying small...however my midwife says I'm right on track and have not need to worry. I'm now just shy of 23 weeks and only gained 5-7 pounds depending on how much water I'm retaining. Trying to stay away from the salt. It is affecting me. I'm also desperatly trying to continue eating healthy and staying away from those cravings! LOL I will still have alot of work to do post pregnancy though as my pre-preg weight was overweight to begin with.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sigh...25 weeks and 20lbs....SIGH

:embarassed:
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just think of how ahead of the game we will all be post pregnancy! I was weighed today and have only gained 6 lbs. I am 20 weeks, 6 days.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, I am 6.5 weeks and I haven't gained anything yet. I found this handy calculator that I thought others might find useful. You enter your pre-pregnancy weight and height and it basically gives a guide for how much weight you should gain week by week. It has miniumum, maximum and average numbers. My goal is to stay between the minimum and average beause I am already 15kg overweight. It helps me to think about this like a healthy, controlled weight-gain and not a reason to panic, feel guilty or give up!

http://www.kidspot.com.au/weightgain/pregnancyweightgain.asp
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, I am 6.5 weeks and I haven't gained anything yet. I found this handy calculator that I thought others might find useful. You enter your pre-pregnancy weight and height and it basically gives a guide for how much weight you should gain week by week. It has miniumum, maximum and average numbers. My goal is to stay between the minimum and average beause I am already 15kg overweight. It helps me to think about this like a healthy, controlled weight-gain and not a reason to panic, feel guilty or give up!

Congrats!

I tried using that method of just trying to keep my weight at a certain range, but my body just gained what it wanted despite keeping my calories well within my maintenance levels. Don't be upset if you gain more or less. It seems every woman's pregnancy is different. I'm up 9 lbs from pre-prego weight in 9 weeks, down 2 lbs from my high of up 11 lbs at 8 weeks last week. It's all water weight though. Lots of bloating that started around week 6.

Congrats again!!!
  • Nataliaho
    Options

Congrats!

I tried using that method of just trying to keep my weight at a certain range, but my body just gained what it wanted despite keeping my calories well within my maintenance levels. Don't be upset if you gain more or less. It seems every woman's pregnancy is different. I'm up 9 lbs from pre-prego weight in 9 weeks, down 2 lbs from my high of up 11 lbs at 8 weeks last week. It's all water weight though. Lots of bloating that started around week 6.

Congrats again!!!

Yeah that's true, but I think I'll know in myself if I have gained weight because of baby or because I am using it as an excuse to overeat. I just don't want to do what I've seen so many women in my family do, which is just go stupid and gain 60lb :-( I feel like for me its going to be easier to control my gain, than to be looking down the barrel of losing 60lb again... I don't know if I could handle that :-(
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Congrats!

Congrats again!!!

Yeah that's true, but I think I'll know in myself if I have gained weight because of baby or because I am using it as an excuse to overeat. I just don't want to do what I've seen so many women in my family do, which is just go stupid and gain 60lb :-( I feel like for me its going to be easier to control my gain, than to be looking down the barrel of losing 60lb again... I don't know if I could handle that :-(

Totally agree there. I know all my weight gain is water. I've been really good about not overeating, but sometimes it just goes that way. I feel kinda like my body got hijacked LOL

I had to put my scale away and only weigh once a week if at all. Otherwise, it drove me insane.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm officially up 21lbs @ 22weeks, hoping it evens out like some other ladies on here!
  • Nataliaho
    Options

Congrats!

Congrats again!!!

Totally agree there. I know all my weight gain is water. I've been really good about not overeating, but sometimes it just goes that way. I feel kinda like my body got hijacked LOL

I had to put my scale away and only weigh once a week if at all. Otherwise, it drove me insane.

I never weight more than once a week anyway and usually more like once a fortnight. I'll probably maintain that. I'll also get my trainer to keep doing skin-folds on me so I can keep an eye on my BF% too :)
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i guess this has kind of become the official "weigh in" page. i have been weighing more than once a week but i only record it once a week (on thursday or friday- which ever day i feel like is a true representation). so yesterday i was 24 weeks and have gained slightly over 16.25 pounds but not quite 16.5. i have been trying really hard to make 2 out of 3 my snacks fruit and then nuts, yogurt, pretzels, ect for the 3rd. It seems to be helping :)
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining faster than I wanted/thought I should but I'm the same size in clothes. Started as an 8/Medium in Maternity and they are still fitting fine which makes me hopeful that the weight is being gained in the appropriate places :)