Anyone doing any hiking?

Options

Replies

• Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am so absolutely jealous!!! What a beautiful hike to be walking with the buffalo. Just amazing!
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ugh so jealous of all the beautiful snow pictures. One of my favorite hikes was up Gorgonio in May in the snow. We're sitting in 80 degree weather here still. No winter for us :(
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    February 17th was Family Day here in Ontario ... Hubby and I went for a little hike at Crystal Beach. With the winter we've had some Ice Caves formed at the beach ... Thousands of people went out this past weekend ... unfortunately, today they were bull dozed down to prevent them from collapsing on anyone. I'm glad we got out to see them. This hasn't happened here since the 1970s

FB2.jpg

FB1.jpg

FB5.jpg

FB13.jpg

FB10.jpg
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    That's too bad they had to destroy it. Too bad signs or taping it off wouldn't have worked. We have some natural ice caves here, and even with the signs and little fences , people are killed regularly from the falling ice.

Great pictures. I've never been fortunate to see snow on the beach.
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Yesterday I needed to get out. We have had such horrible weather. There is only a few places that I go alone this time of year, so once again up Mount Si. The snow and ice on the trail slowed me down, but I still managed to get a 4403 calorie burn in 4 hours & 44 minutes. HRM confirmed. I had planned on scrambling over the rocks to go a little farther but my dogs feet were freezing and noticeably causing him pain, so I fed him and headed down to get him off the ice.

2vhvcz8.jpg

jl037m.jpg

2vah104.jpg

21edc07.jpg

2urm8ok.jpg
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great job and beautiful pictures as always hiker girl. I was in Washington for 5 days and it rained non-stop. The snow looks so much prettier than the rain. I'm back in Arizona and hiking often. One of these days I'll learn how to post pictures.
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Love those pictures! Thanks for sharing.:wink:

During the Family Day Weekend, I went with a hiking group to Jasper National Park. I had a fantastic time! I'm unable to share any pictures I took since I had computer trouble and lost everything. But, here are some pictures that others in the group shared.

Snowshoeing on Horseshoe Lake at Jasper Park.

JASPERHORSESHOE4_zps2a6b023d.jpeg

Snowshoeing along Tonquin Valley.

TONQUINVALLEY4_zpse12b7035.jpeg

The Maligne Canyon. What a sight, so different from summer time when you see the water flowing.

JASPERMALIGNE10_zpse6af63dc.jpeg

Last day of our trip before heading back to Edmonton we went for a short hike. Took some time for photo's before heading back down.

JASPEROLDEFORT4_zps0033b678.jpeg

Here is another picture of snowshoeing along Toquin Valley. Can see the water that was to the side of us. I had slipped off the trail once, had to ask the others to wait up while I got myself moving again but luckily at that time there was not any water there.

JASPER2_zps59929f49.jpeg
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Love those pictures! Thanks for sharing.:wink:

During the Family Day Weekend, I went with a hiking group to Jasper National Park. I had a fantastic time! I'm unable to share any pictures I took since I had computer trouble and lost everything. But, here are some pictures that others in the group shared.

Snowshoeing on Horseshoe Lake at Jasper Park.

JASPERHORSESHOE4_zps2a6b023d.jpeg

Snowshoeing along Tonquin Valley.

TONQUINVALLEY4_zpse12b7035.jpeg

The Maligne Canyon. What a sight, so different from summer time when you see the water flowing.

JASPERMALIGNE10_zpse6af63dc.jpeg

Last day of our trip before heading back to Edmonton we went for a short hike. Took some time for photo's before heading back down.

JASPEROLDEFORT4_zps0033b678.jpeg

Here is another picture of snowshoeing along Toquin Valley. Can see the water that was to the side of us. I had slipped off the trail once, had to ask the others to wait up while I got myself moving again but luckily at that time there was not any water there.

JASPER2_zps59929f49.jpeg

OMGosh! That frozen waterfall is breath taking. Beautiful pictures
  • kasaz
    Options
    I'm going to try to post a couple of pictures of my hike today in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve in Scottsdale, AZ. This is my go to hiking spot because it is only about a 15 minute drive from my home. There are miles of hikes of varying degrees of difficulty from easy to very strenuous. If I do get some pictures posted it is only due to the help I received from Hikergirl. So here goes. Okay, so it only picked up one of the pictures I thought I had included. It's a start. This is a picture of Tom's Thumb.

9vbkpg.jpg
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Yay you did it! Wow I haven't been to Arizona in 100 yrs , or at least it feels like it. Early 80's.
  • kasaz
    Options
    I haven't figured out how to post multiple photos . . . yet. I am on the right. Four of us hiked the Tour du Mont Blanc in Europe last August. It's about 105 miles and 3,000 feet elevation gain per day. Very fun, stayed in refuges, dorms or small hotels at night so only carried a large day pack. I highly recommend it. Easy to do the planning yourself with the Cicerone Guide of the Tour du Mont Blanc available thru Amazon.

zupkxe.jpg
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful trip! I need to look into that!
  • kasaz
    Options
    I'm going to need a lot more time to get these pictures down pat. These are the ladders that are on a part of the Tour du Mont Blanc hike.

24edo5c.jpg
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just reserved some permits for Mt. Langley in the Sierra Nevada in California (14,026 ft.) Some friends and I are going to climb it this summer. Super excited about this trip. Sometimes the planning/anticipation is half of the fun!
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    These trips sound amazing ... I love planning them out too, almost as much a going. Those ladders!!! Oh My Word!!!
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hiked the Pedro Point Headlands along the CA coast a couple weekends ago. Although I now have a wicked case of poison oak from it, the hike was beautiful and totally worth it!

01_zpsdefe6536.jpg

The yin-yang of sky/sea and land
    02_zpsdaaee918.jpg

Looking south at Devil's Slide
    03_zps026a66a5.jpg

Dominating my friends on the hills - I think this new exercise regime is working! :happy:
    04_zpsb5726b8f.jpg
  • kasaz
    Options
    Great photos. So beautiful to have the ocean right next to you!
  • kasaz
    Options
    2pq0211.jpg

This is a picture from the start of our hike up to and above Flatiron in the Superstitions. For a good description of the hike or anybody wanting to hike in Arizona, go to HikeArizona.com and look up Flatiron under the "F's". It's only about 3 1/2 miles to the very top, but 2800 ft of elevation gain. The point in the middle of the photo ends up being lower than we go.
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, hopefully there are some regulars on here. I did one of my favorite trails in St. Louis today called the Lewis Trail. It is 8.2 miles in St. Charles County. The Clark Trail is connected to it and is 5.3 miles. That is the one I usually do. Hope your are all doing well. Joe

This is on the bluff overlooking the Missouri River toward St. Albans

DSC03524.jpg[
  • imaginaryplaces
    imaginaryplaces Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, hopefully there are some regulars on here. I did one of my favorite trails in St. Louis today called the Lewis Trail. It is 8.2 miles in St. Charles County. The Clark Trail is connected to it and is 5.3 miles. That is the one I usually do. Hope your are all doing well. Joe

This is on the bluff overlooking the Missouri River toward St. Albans

DSC03524.jpg[

Hey Joe - That looks and sounds lovely. I grew up in Illinois near the Mississippi and, although I love where I live now, I do miss the great rivers.

BTW - Where was your profile photo taken?