CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    My fitbit numbers were also lower than the online calculators so I eat according to my fit bit every day. I always eat more than my BMR but Scooby had me eating 2100 when in reality I should have been eating closer to 1800.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to EM2WL, although I have been following the 'Eating at TDEE' and this post for the last month or so. It's only now that I've been able to join in.

I did an 'unplanned' reset back in June as I recovered from foot surgery, and started my 10% last week Thursday and am already down 1.8 pounds. I think this down to the fact that my diet during my unplanned was not very good (comfort eating) and I am now making such better food choices - less sodium, alchohol or sugary food.

Because I haven't really done any consistent exercise since June, I'm just concentrating on getting my fitness levels up by walking more on my daily commute. I also am doing c25k 3 times a week and hope to add a Turbo Fire (miss it) session or two.

I've done 1 round and a bit of CLX before and want to add it back to my exercise routine, but I think I need to drop some weight first before I do.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My fitbit numbers were also lower than the online calculators so I eat according to my fit bit every day. I always eat more than my BMR but Scooby had me eating 2100 when in reality I should have been eating closer to 1800.

And by noticing your ticker, It looks like its working for you?:)
    Tomorrow is my "new week" so I think I will adjust my cals to my lower 15% and see what happens
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options

Tomorrow is my "new week" so I think I will adjust my cals to my lower 15% and see what happens

It is working! Since April I have lost about 11 lbs with Em2WL, with a 12 week plateau in there.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options

@HeidiHo, how much lower than your fitbit are you eating? Give me some numbers, like whats your daily burn, what is your bmr and where your calories fall. Just curious :) Oh, also, are you eating this from a weekly average or just by the daily burn? I have a bodybugg (no subscription right now) and I was thinking about renewing just to see what things are looking like at this point in the game, but I also get sick of all the numbers sometimes. It never worked for me before, but that was when I would allow myself to eat at least 1000 calories under my burn thinking that was a good thing, lol. I wonder if it would be more beneficial now that I am more reasonable about my deficit.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options

@HeidiHo, how much lower than your fitbit are you eating? Give me some numbers, like whats your daily burn, what is your bmr and where your calories fall. Just curious :) Oh, also, are you eating this from a weekly average or just by the daily burn? I have a bodybugg (no subscription right now) and I was thinking about renewing just to see what things are looking like at this point in the game, but I also get sick of all the numbers sometimes. It never worked for me before, but that was when I would allow myself to eat at least 1000 calories under my burn thinking that was a good thing, lol. I wonder if it would be more beneficial now that I am more reasonable about my deficit.

I set MFP to my BMR and then the fitbit syncs with MFP so it automatically adds on the extra calories I earn from my day to day stuff and walks, and then I manually add in my weight training or other exercise.

So most days I am eating around 1850-1950 but rest days when I don't do anything aside from a short walk it's around 1650-1700. My BMR is around 1600.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Oh and I am going by the daily burn.
  • Raynn1
    Options

I set MFP to my BMR and then the fitbit syncs with MFP so it automatically adds on the extra calories I earn from my day to day stuff and walks, and then I manually add in my weight training or other exercise.

So most days I am eating around 1850-1950 but rest days when I don't do anything aside from a short walk it's around 1650-1700. My BMR is around 1600.

Hmmm.. interesting way to do it... and you are finding that is working well?
    Im currently sitting with what my 15% cut is based off of my 21 days fitbit average...
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Soooo excited. I upped my calories by about 400 a day and I am down 2 pounds this week!!
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Soooo excited. I upped my calories by about 400 a day and I am down 2 pounds this week!!

Congrats!!!! glad to see you are getting some results!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options

Im currently sitting with what my 15% cut is based off of my 21 days fitbit average...

Well I was down 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks so I would say it is working.
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i am so clueless. I need someone to explain to me the following terms:
    bump.
    cut.
    re-set.

thanks to whomever decides to take a moment to explain this to a not-so-newbie who feels lost.
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i am so clueless. I need someone to explain to me the following terms:
    bump.
    cut.
    re-set.

thanks to whomever decides to take a moment to explain this to a not-so-newbie who feels lost.

bump = quick post to add the topic to your list of topics or to move it up again in the list of messages so it doesn't get lost several pages down.

cut = cutting the number of calories down from your TDEE (daily calories to maintain current weight loss with your regular activities Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

reset = eating your TDEE for 6-8 weeks or longer to "reset" your metabolism, usually after we have eaten for years at low or very low calorie diets. This gets your body ready for a reasonable decrease in calories and a safe weight loss that will be easier to keep off once you reach your goal.
  • Raynn1
    Options

Wow, great job Heidi!!
    I think I might have to try that here after my tdee week.
  • Raynn1
    Options

Heidi, have you noticed getting "extra credit" on your fitbit for logged activities in MFP? There has been a huge glitch running over the past few weeks, and a lot of people have found that when they add an activity into MFP, when it syncs with Fitbit, its actually double crediting you for the cals burned. There is a huge thread about it in the fitbit boards..I had to unsync my fitbit...
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options

That is awesome! Congrats. So just to clarify, are you eating a certain number under your daily burn? Like 300 under for the day? Or are you just eating BMR plus exercise cals? I am just eating the same number every day (cut value) and I know a lot of days I am probably over what I should based on activity. Perhaps I should reduce my activity level, but am curious about your method. I would have to renew my bodybugg, but am willing to do that now that the cooler weather is coming.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options

Heidi, have you noticed getting "extra credit" on your fitbit for logged activities in MFP? There has been a huge glitch running over the past few weeks, and a lot of people have found that when they add an activity into MFP, when it syncs with Fitbit, its actually double crediting you for the cals burned. There is a huge thread about it in the fitbit boards..I had to unsync my fitbit...

I haven't actually had the issue...hmm I wonder if it is just some people?
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options

That is awesome! Congrats. So just to clarify, are you eating a certain number under your daily burn? Like 300 under for the day? Or are you just eating BMR plus exercise cals? I am just eating the same number every day (cut value) and I know a lot of days I am probably over what I should based on activity. Perhaps I should reduce my activity level, but am curious about your method. I would have to renew my bodybugg, but am willing to do that now that the cooler weather is coming.

I am eating slightly more than BMR plus exercise calories I suppose...but really I am going with what my fitbit says I can eat for the day. BUT if the fitbit were to `say less than my BMR than I would still eat at least my BMR. It's never been less than my BMR though, and is rarely less than 1750. On my sedentary days the fitbit comes in right around my BMR which is why I set MFP to my BMR as a starting point but through the day as I am active it increases. The maximum deficit I have is 500 but generally I have a 350-400 calories deficit as I have over 40 lbs to lose still.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello, time for an update I suppose!

I've been at cut for about 3 1/2 months with zero change in my weight or measurements. :grumble:

It's a hard pill to swallow, but I am seeing increased muscle definition which is a plus.:drinker:

At this point, while the scale is irritating, I'm more focused on the measurements and body fat. I want to cut this layer of fat, so I bought a Fitbit 2 days ago. I'll keep you updated. Good luck everyone.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

:drinker: Nice job!!!