CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options
1272829303133»

Replies

• kimmyt4
    kimmyt4 Posts: 18
    Options
    So I used mifflin on scooby workshop to get my TDEE. This website actually has two different calculators. one uses Harris B and the other is Mifflin, which they say is way more accurate.

I had my "diet" set up since I had my daughter, however I could never stick to it. I would start following if for a few days then go off for a while. I only just started getting serious about my weight loss journey recently, but the 1360 calories never really worked for me.

I am following the TDEE -20% cut and I am amazed that I can actually eat more food, better choices of course and still lose on the scale!!!!:bigsmile: It definatly makes me feel a whole lot better than starving myself on the LCD that I could NEVER follow for more than a few days. I would always go off

Thanks for your imput, I am also down again!!! I orginally went up .2, then down .4, up 1.2 and now down a total of 1.8 at the end of the first week!! I am beyond excited, this is the biggest weight loss in one week that I can ever remember, it's an amazing feeling!
    I know I shouldn't keep on weighing myself, but it's a bad habbit I need to break!!
    I am taking measurments tonight!!! I cannot wait to see the results

I am also telling people I work with how amazing this is!! You can cat more food and lose weight, as long as they are the right kind of foods!!!!:love:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So I used mifflin on scooby workshop to get my TDEE. This website actually has two different calculators. one uses Harris B and the other is Mifflin, which they say is way more accurate.

I had my "diet" set up since I had my daughter, however I could never stick to it. I would start following if for a few days then go off for a while. I only just started getting serious about my weight loss journey recently, but the 1360 calories never really worked for me.

I am following the TDEE -20% cut and I am amazed that I can actually eat more food, better choices of course and still lose on the scale!!!!:bigsmile: It definatly makes me feel a whole lot better than starving myself on the LCD that I could NEVER follow for more than a few days. I would always go off

Thanks for your imput, I am also down again!!! I orginally went up .2, then down .4, up 1.2 and now down a total of 1.8 at the end of the first week!! I am beyond excited, this is the biggest weight loss in one week that I can ever remember, it's an amazing feeling!
    I know I shouldn't keep on weighing myself, but it's a bad habbit I need to break!!

I am also telling people I work with how amazing this is!! You can cat more food and lose weight, as long as they are the right kind of foods!!!!:love:

Well, do keep things realistic. Since you are so tied to the scale emotionally, if this is the likely false water weight loss, I have a feeling you'll be devastated, which isn't good, when it goes back up slightly.

Is that 20% deficit equal to about 900 calorie deficit daily off TDEE? Because that's what 1.8 lbs of fat loss would equate to.
    Whereas if that's just water weight with glucose no longer stored, you just lost some LBM and your metabolism went down.

Scooby on their Most Accurate link also has the best estimate Katch BMR, which requires a BF% estimate. That will lead to better TDEE estimate too.

Mifflin can be more accurate than Harris, but still based on avg healthy ratio of fat to non-fat mass in healthy weight study participants. If you don't have that same ratio, and most who have dieted don't, you could have inflated figures you are working with.

Try the spreadsheet on my profile page for best estimates, get your measurements, and track your progress.
  • kimmyt4
    Options
    1702 from 2148 for a 20% decrease is 426 calories less which includes my exercise.

Should I make my activity level higher? or not take so much of a cut?

What would you suggest?

I had originally did my calculations with multiplying my exercise by 1.42, which on one site you could put how many days you worked out and the number came to this multiplyer.

The first week i was eating 1760. should I go back up to that?
  • kimmyt4
    Options

Well, do keep things realistic. Since you are so tied to the scale emotionally, if this is the likely false water weight loss, I have a feeling you'll be devastated, which isn't good, when it goes back up slightly.

Is that 20% deficit equal to about 900 calorie deficit daily off TDEE? Because that's what 1.8 lbs of fat loss would equate to.
    Whereas if that's just water weight with glucose no longer stored, you just lost some LBM and your metabolism went down.

Scooby on their Most Accurate link also has the best estimate Katch BMR, which requires a BF% estimate. That will lead to better TDEE estimate too.

Mifflin can be more accurate than Harris, but still based on avg healthy ratio of fat to non-fat mass in healthy weight study participants. If you don't have that same ratio, and most who have dieted don't, you could have inflated figures you are working with.

Try the spreadsheet on my profile page for best estimates, get your measurements, and track your progress.
  • kimmyt4
    Options
    really I'm only down .8 from the weight I started doing the 20% cut from. which is not that much
  • heybales
    Options
    1702 from 2148 for a 20% decrease is 426 calories less which includes my exercise.

Should I make my activity level higher? or not take so much of a cut?

What would you suggest?

I had originally did my calculations with multiplying my exercise by 1.42, which on one site you could put how many days you worked out and the number came to this multiplyer.

The first week i was eating 1760. should I go back up to that?

I would suggest you use the spreadsheet created for exactly this purpose, and get best estimated numbers specific to you.
  • sweetxsour35
    sweetxsour35 Posts: 177
    Options
    I know this topic is months old but I figure it's the most relevant one here. Is it possible to gain a couple pounds over a weekend with an all nighter and bad eating but not over my calories? I was doing well with my cut until then.
  • heybales
    Options
    I know this topic is months old but I figure it's the most relevant one here. Is it possible to gain a couple pounds over a weekend with an all nighter and bad eating but not over my calories? I was doing well with my cut until then.

Oh sure.
    As soon as you go in a diet, your body stores less glycogen with attached water - hence the big water weight loss when you actually start a diet.

Top those off eating at or near maintenance, or even a huge amount of carbs compared to normal levels in diet, and you just gained water weight.

Likely take 7 days to slowly drop that, while also still losing fat weight from normal deficit.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm resurrecting this topic for an update. I joined this group in early 2013. I reset and gained 20 pounds. Then, I got pregnant with child #3 lol. I am now 11 weeks postpartum, and am 2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have lost 24 pounds since giving birth. I am currently eating 2200 calories a day. I set MFP to maintenance at moderate exercise. I work out 5 days a week, lifting 3 days. I figure that breastfeeding will account for the deficit. I lost nearly 3 pounds this week. I'm sooo glad I did the reset last year. I am eating more calories to lose than I ate when I was 30 pounds heavier 4 years ago, doing the same amount of exercise.
  • heybales
    Options
    I'm resurrecting this topic for an update. I joined this group in early 2013. I reset and gained 20 pounds. Then, I got pregnant with child #3 lol. I am now 11 weeks postpartum, and am 2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have lost 24 pounds since giving birth. I am currently eating 2200 calories a day. I set MFP to maintenance at moderate exercise. I work out 5 days a week, lifting 3 days. I figure that breastfeeding will account for the deficit. I lost nearly 3 pounds this week. I'm sooo glad I did the reset last year. I am eating more calories to lose than I ate when I was 30 pounds heavier 4 years ago, doing the same amount of exercise.

What a good idea.

And on days you don't expend as much energy for the milk, you get more benefit from the lifting by being closer to maintenance.

The maintenance you'll be at once that is done.

Brilliant!