Introduce yourself - again

Options

Replies

• ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie......I am 26 from chicago......when i started this journey I was at 334......seeing that weight was a huge wake up for me. Im recently married and about to start having children. I want to be able to watch them grow up. shockingly enough i have never been plagued with alot of health problems from my weight like so many of you have,.....no diabetes or blood pressure issues or any of that but its also a good reason for me to change before i get any of it. I am currently down to 313 so i have lost about 21 lbs in a month. I am encouraged by my progress but still have plenty more to go. Ideally id like to get down to 160....right now my goal is 250 and i will re analyze after that. I would love new friends to walk on this journey together with.
  • tessdel
    tessdel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Howdy, Ya'll. I am Teresa, and I live in Texas! I have been on MFP for nearly a year, but have never joined any groups or anything. I actually started of'f at 426 pounds two years ago, but was down in the 300's when I joined this site. I'm just looking for support & encouragement on this LONG road I'm travelling.
  • brightday02
    Options
    Hi all!!! :flowerforyou: I'm Rakia from Tampa.
  • annalisa2662
    annalisa2662 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I;m Anna. I just joined. I don't really know if I"m ready for this journey but I guess I better start packing. Looking for friends and support. I live in St. Louis mo, I have a 8 month old daughter and I"m married. Please add me as a friend if you want encouragement or you want to give it.
  • BrettS1973
    BrettS1973 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Brett. I started my journey in March at 164.5kg. I'm from australia so not much idea with lbs but google says that was 356 lbs.

I joined MFP about 10 days ago. I am currently at 141.8kg which google tells me is about 313 lbs. I've lost 43 lbs so far and plan to continue the journey.

Up until now I have just been cutting back portion sizes and focusing on carb counting as I have diabetes type 2. But hoping to get a bit smarter about what I eat with the help of MFP.
  • quiggley
    quiggley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I'm Jann from the Tampabay area. I just joined here a few days ago but I have been at this for 10 years. I loss almost 400 pounds 10 years ago but I gained most of it back. I have Lower Leg Lymphedema and Lipoedema and through my not going to the Gym like I should and just not caring enough about myself to make my health the most important thing I started gaining it back.

I had lost all motivation and tried many times to get back on track but I just never got that click plus to be honest I just started hating myself that I let this happen to me again after regaining it all back.

I started back May 25th and I have had a few ups and downs with My Legs swelling and a few other Health issues but I have loss 82 pounds and I hope to get back to the Gym this week. I eat Low Carb that is how I loss it before and what works for my Body. I am single in my 40's now (I feel old LOL) No kids and too many Animals
    Feel free to add me as a Friend I am a Night Owl for any other Late night People out there.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    hi quig - you are in the same area as my best friend Leigh and have a lot of the same problems. She would like to know where to find cumin in the "damn store" locally LMAO - if you would like her user name please message me and I will pass it on :)
  • quiggley
    quiggley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI Kalynx send me your Friend Leigh's name and I will add her. I have Cumin so I know I had to find it somewhere here LOL
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Matthew. I started working out last summer and I lost a little weight. I didn't adjust my eating. I definitely added muscle and lost some fat, but the weight didn't go down. I weighed about 355 lbs when I started. When I joined MFP last April, I'd dropped to 345. I used the food diaries for a while to figure out where I am. I'm very much a person of routine with, so not doing my food diary works well because I have a good handle on what portions I should have with each meal.

I weigh in each Saturday. As of yesterday, I hit 40lbs since MFP and 50 lbs overall.
  • v_snowdrop
    Options
    I'm shy and don't post or share much, but I wanted to at least say hello. I joined MFP in May at my all-time high of 405 pounds. Since then I have used this site religiously to track every morsel I've eaten and it's paying off - 40 lbs gone in three months. I'm excited for my first mini-milestone thingy: Once I've lost 20 more pounds, I'll officially be closer to 300 pounds than I am to 400 pounds, if that makes sense.
    Best wishes to everyone.
  • mommyjgo
    mommyjgo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy humpday everyone!! I have a Facebook weight loss page that is coming up on its 1 year anniversary and it's a very supportive community for people looking to lose weight and keep it off! I have lost over 100lbs so far and I love to get the word out and help people who may not know where to start, or feel like they are in a rut. I've been there. NUMEROUS times. This journey is not a race. It's about baby steps, lifestyle changes, and I'd like to hear from you! Please follow this link to my page and Like it! I'm going to be doing a 1kx3 Fitness Challenge! I'm trying to get 1,000 Likes (49 to go!) by my page's 1 year anniversary (August 26th)! You will get to help decide what torture 1,000 of some kind of exercise) I will do to myself too (ie squats, wall-ups, pec-press', crunches, (God forbid) burpees, leg lifts, wall bridges, windshield wipers (with resistence band), toe reaches (on the wall), wall scissors, Wall slide squats etc)!!

https://www.facebook.com/uncensoredmomma
  • teral1990
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tera and I am new to MFP. I live in Folkston, GA and am 40 years old. I recently started an 8 Week Ultimate Body Challenge with It Works! and am down 10.6 lbs and 38.75" in 4 weeks. I absolutely love the products and exercise/meal plans. For the first time in 4 years, I am under the 320 lb mark!! Can't wait to get started using MFP to help me even more with my weight loss journey!!
  • Boochie_Jones
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Jessica but my friends and family call me big baby or juicee or even boochie im way over 300 im very embarrassed:embarassed: :cry: of how i look im a very beautiful woman but i have let myself go & im only 22 im still young & i want to make a change in my life & finally be able to stick to it & have encourage people to help motivate me to a NEW ME & i do the same for them if their is anyone who is with just give me a holla or leave me a message! & is there anyone else in my age range thats willing to be my buddy through this journey of ours?? :brokenheart: :explode: :mad: :grumble:
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi my name is Brian and i'm from Baltimore Md
  • teral1990
    Options
    Jessica, I'm about 18 years older than you, but I am willing to be your encouragement! You can do this!! Determination and admmittance are half the battle! Now let's get on track :)
  • teral1990
    Options
    I'm shy and don't post or share much, but I wanted to at least say hello. I joined MFP in May at my all-time high of 405 pounds. Since then I have used this site religiously to track every morsel I've eaten and it's paying off - 40 lbs gone in three months. I'm excited for my first mini-milestone thingy: Once I've lost 20 more pounds, I'll officially be closer to 300 pounds than I am to 400 pounds, if that makes sense.
    Best wishes to everyone.

40 lbs in 3 months is amazing!!! Congrats on your first mini-milestone!!
  • Flutterby6
    Flutterby6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Erin. I've been on this site for a while, but new to this group. I never post, but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm 36 years old, have a wonderful husband and 3 kids. I've been trying to lose weight my entire life and only gave it a half hearted attempt. I've decided it's time to make a change and not let myself use any more excuses. I've lost 50 pounds ~ still have a long way to go, but for the past 3 months I've been stuck at the same weight ~ within a few pounds up or down. I've been very good about exercising and staying under my calorie goals, but I just can't seem to get out of this slump. I've tried everything I can read to get past this plateau, but nothing is working... just tried uping my calorie goal. I usually try really hard to stay positive, but it just seems so impossible lately and I'm so tired.
  • RobinM1976
    Options
    Hello..my name is Robin and I am 36 yrs old and the mother to 2 young daughters. I live in WI with my hubby and daughters and I work part-time at a bank. I just started this yesterday and am very excited. I think I am a very beautiful woman and now I just want to get in better shape. I am at my record all time high and want to get back down to where I was 5 yrs ago. I know it's not going to be easy but I am going to give it 110%.
  • duvessab
    Options
    Hello all. I am Duvessa, from Devon, in England - I found this group by accident but I am so pleased that there is a group for people with as longer journey as I have. So far I am really sticking to this - which is good - because I gave up on diets about 9 years ago as I have never been able to last more than a couple of days. I wrote down everything I was eating in one day on the planner out of curiousity and got a nasty shock so I am not gradually learning about portion size - sounds silly, but I really did not click how many calories I was eating!

I would love to have a natter and be friends with any (or all!) of you. X
  • dawnie_girl
    Options
    Hey Yall. . . .
    My name is Dawn, I just started on mfp last night. . . I am 24 and from North Carolina, MARRIED and loving it. My husband means the world to me. I would say that I am about 360, and looking to lose weight. . . I have always been big. . I don't know anything other then being big. On the other hand I can't wait for my journey to be begin!