Introduce yourself - again

Options

Replies

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on MFP for a couple months, starting to be more active with it and enjoying some success. I love seeing all of you with similar weights! I think we have our own set of obstacles and far more concerns than those 'skinny' folks with 30-50 pounds to lose.
    I have always been heavy. The past 2 years I packed on more than ever---age, quit smoking (yay!) all kinds of excuses led to a bigger than ever Alana.
    SO I am trying to take it off---I need to be able to get around better---not have knee pain and be limited in being able to do things---to not worry if I am going to fit in that chair, or if I am going to BREAK that chair!

I would love a few friends who have a lot to shed!

Thanks and have a great day!
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    Hi I am Marshe' I need motivation bad, I've lost my way some. I have been on this site almost a year. I was doing great at first. Then i let so many things stop me from keeping pushing forward. I got out of the 300's only to go right back in. I have got to get it together, my original goal was to be down 75lbs by my birthday and I am no where near.
  • Vanyao
    Vanyao Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Vanya. I'm 30 and from Virginia. I've been big my entire life. Unfortunately, I don't have much family to help support me in my goals of losing weight, as they're content with their current lifestyle, which can be frustrating. It's my hope that once they see me losing weight, that maybe they'll get motivated too.
    I'm looking for friends to help me in my weight loss journey.
  • pickmeupunk
    pickmeupunk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Hannah I'm 29 and i currently live in New Hampshire with My Boyfriend Chris and our 2 cats. I just started actually using MFP after having it my phone for some time now. I started at over 400lbs I'm not sure of the actual number because my scale would not weigh me until I was at 400 or less :( I have been over weight my whole life. I would like to lose weight so that I feel alive again. I have very high anxiety due to my weight and that keeps me from doing things I used to love. I want my life back and I want to start creating some new chapters!

I started Visalus in late July and I am just looking for inspiration & motivation from others. I dont really have a support system in my life right now other Than Chris and would love new friends!
  • just4me83
    just4me83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new... 29, 340lbs, 5'6. I am uncomfortable every single day, I hear people making jokes about me on campus, none of my jeans fit, and I am at my wits end. I really am. I have an obsession with food but like any addict, I am trying to wean myself off one day at a time. I just focus on not overeating one day at a time. That is all I can do at this point. Anyway, I would like to make friends with people who weigh close to what I weigh and have similar goals. I do intend to log on every day and I will be honest with my logging. Good luck to you all.
  • ardyguitar
    ardyguitar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) my name is ardis and i have lost 20 pounds and JUST BARELY made it out of the 300's a week ago! I'm 299 and have struggled with weight my whole life but it really got out of control when i met my partner 3 years ago and got a lil to comfortable! i have another 125 pounds to loose! Anyone please feel free to add me. I have found the support her on MFP is essential in my journey :)
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Chelle, and I'm not so new to MFP. Been here for about four months, and I've lost 13 lbs. Just recently started working more diligently at it, and am seeing some awesome success. Can't wait to get to know some new people!!! :D
  • sparrow70
    sparrow70 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this site & am in week 3 of dieting. I need some friends on here. I battle social phobias & am super obese. I am determined to conquer both & have progressed a lot in the past few months on the social thing (went in store & restaurant w/ family 3xs and I hadn't in 15 years or more). I am pretty immobile at this time. I have hypothyroidism and diabetes as well. A goal of mine is also to not be insulin dependent. I've been married to my hs sweetheart for 24 yrs. I am determined to do this. To live my life, not just exist.. Please add me. Thanks!
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I am a newbie (joined last week), I'm 33, 5'10 and 437 pounds. My life mostly revolves around my family of Mr and the 4 kids, the dog and our 3 cats - I used to work from home but won't be restarting that until my baby son is a little older.

I have no final figure in mind so no long term weight goal as such, except for a pretty dress I bought myself that is 5 dress sizes too small. I am setting myself smaller more achievable goals as I go along though. So my first aim is 400 pounds.

I have just joined the gym and will be going for my first session in a little while. Scared about it, especially as I am going in the pool - me in a swimsuit, no just no - but I am going anyway and I am going to be fabulous. I just hope that my false bravado lasts as long as it takes to do my swim and get back in the car!

So feel free to add me, I'll try to add to and support your journeys as much as I can and maybe we can all make progress together.

Thanks for reading :)
  • Pippa6
    Options
    Hello! I've just joined MFP & am loving the information!

I've been losing on my own just by cutting out wheat, sodas and sugar. So far I am down 47.6 lbs since July 2012. A friend told my about MFP & I thought it would be good to have the extra resources and motivators available.

I can't seem to reset my ticker to reflect my weightloss accurately.

SW: 357
    CW: 309.4
    GW: 170
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Kimberly and I live in Maryland but originally from Texas. I joined MFP earlier this year but got off track when I got married in May. I rejoined in July and have been pretty much faithful since then. I have gone off and on track a few times but I guess that happens sometimes. Anyway I originally started at 341 lbs, when I rejoined in July I was 309 lbs. Current weight is 296.8, that's 44 lbs gone since my highest weight!!
  • Debrica
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Ebony and I joined MFP a little while ago. My bff invited me here. When I originaly joined I was 309. Now I am 280. I have started walking and increasing my water intake. I am motivated to stick with it, I do tend to get side tracked at times. Living healthy is my goal.
  • careree
    Options
    Hi my name is Carrie, I have just started to shed pounds this past Monday and boy has this first week been a challenge for me. My starting weight 314 pounds and I am 38 years old. The challenges I have faced this week was to cut soda out all together, i failed yesterday and bought some sprite zero. Although It was not the regular pepsi I was drinking, I still feel that I have cheated. I was never a breakfast eater and I have been eating breakfast every day. I started a group on facebook with my friends for support and I really think that is helping me. I live in Wisconsin and came down with a cold this week. so it was not a good start week for me. I am lacking exercise. I am eating healthier but still lacking the exercise..
    I look forward to being in this group and meeting new people.
    Carrie
  • Mom3x2000
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lauretta. I am a single mom of 4 children (2 grown and 2 at home) and work at home as a day care provider.
    I just turned 43.. and the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I started my weight loss journey November 2011, made a commitment to be accountable with my BFF starting September 2012, and found and joined MFP just 2 days ago -- and I ♥ it!!
    In Nov11 I weighed 340#, on Sept 1st I weighed 308.4#, when I joined MFP I weighed 304.8#, and as of this morning, I am now at 300.2#. I am SO close to my first mini-goal of "breaking into the 200s"!!
    I LOVE this site and am excited to find a group I connect with. Look forward to meeting everyone and giving as much motivation as I'm hoping to get!
    Loving life,
    Lauretta (Lolo)
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I'm Emerald. I too, have been big my whole life. I was so excited to find MFP and have a way to track my food accurately. I am only a week in and can already see so many areas that I need to improve. I am focusing on getting my food intake correct and slowly adding more exercise. I have a 6yo son and really want to get out and explore this wide world with him. I have about 300lbs to loose but my ultimate goal is to be healthy and fit in an airplane seat (17in across) so I can travel with my family and actually do the things I see others doing on tv.

Feel Free to add me. :)
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Snowdrop we need you! No one who is serioius about losing weight will sit around on the computer all day. But Won't you commit to 5 minutes per meal on the site? It will help you and help us tool
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Angela. I will be turning 40 this year. I am a mother of 3 dogs: Holly (mix Pit rescue), Kasey (SH Dachshund), and Reesee (LH Dachshund). I have approx 200lbs to lose.

I had always been a regular size girl until I graduated high school and stopped playing sports. I would gain a little here and there until I saw a picture of myself and I realize I was FAT. I didn't look like the girl I saw in my head. I have been trying to lose since 2006 and was doing very well until late 2007 / early 2008, when I found out that my boyfriend of 5yrs (at that time) had been cheating on me. I was so in love with him that it devasted me.:brokenheart: Shortly after that my BBF of 20yrs moved to NY, then I got laid-off from my job and could not find work. I had so much stress that I went into a depressed state that lasted until 2010ish. I joined MFP last year but dropped off until about a week ago. Now, I feel I am more like myself and ready to take on this challenage of keeping a healthy lifestyle. I look forward to the company and support along my journey.

Sorry, if this is TMI...lol :bigsmile:

BTW, I am accepting new friends if you would like to send me a request :flowerforyou:
  • paygoddess
    paygoddess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My daughter Hannah just got me to join on here and I am looking forward to meeting some new people to be supportive on this journey! I do well during the week when I am at work, but not so well on the weekends because my husband likes to cook and bake and loves comfort food! I am tired over being overweight and tired and not being able to do fun things like other people! I have 4 beautiful little grandchildren and I want to be around to watch them grown and I want to be able to be the grandmother my kids never had. I started this journey at 381 pounds at Weight Watchers in January of this year. Sadly, I am only at 364 right now. Hannah has lost more in the past month than I have in 9 months! So all of you who would like some support, please let me know!
  • sheilanowell
    sheilanowell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Sheila from Illinois. 34 years old and STUCK at around 390. I've been TRYING for so many years. This year, I go down 5 and up 5 but pretty much stay within the 390 range. Was so happy to weigh in this afternoon at 387. Makes me sick to think I am this big though. Would love some friends to help motivate me, as most of my friends on my home page are 150 lbs or less trying to lose weight for a bikini. lol!!!
  • Myamoo222
    Myamoo222 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Mya and I am a 24 years old mother of one. I woke up this morning and decided today was the day I start losing weight. I thought I would be in the 285 range but my scale gave me a wake up call at 320. I am looking to lose 185 pounds in the next 14-18 months so that we can try without fertility to have a second child.

I have never used MFP before and was hoping to find some people who I could connect with on this journey