August Challenge - The Binge vs Me

Options

Replies

• danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    August 29, 2012
    no more than 10 binge days (my current minimum for a month)
    me: 21
    binge: 8

binges
    Aug 1
    Aug 9-12
    Aug 17, 18, 21
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 17
    The Binge - 12 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6, 8/8, 8/9, 8/14, 8/17, 8/19, 8/21, 8/23)
  • susiebear29
    Options
    I have only just seen this thread so im sorry to barge in like this but iv just had one of my worst binges EVER and just wanted a bit of support, I don't know what started it this time but it went on for 6 days and I have made myself very ill as a consequence and now feel very very guilty and fat and disgusting and weak, will I ever be able to stop doing this? I feel so hopeless.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of August 29, 2012
    Goal: to binge no more than 8 days.

Me: 19
    Binge: 10 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4; 8/15; 8/17; 8/18; 8/22; 8/27; 8/28; 8/29)

I'm struggling this week. I have a complete "I don't give a ****" attitude and it really doesn't help. I don't try to resist the binges, I just let them happen. I haven't been to the gym in over a week. I feel gross but can't seem to make myself do anything.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 25
    The Binge: 4

On days like yesterday I am so glad I no longer have a habit of keeping some of my normal binge foods on hand. Some days I have great control and others no way. Last night was one where I was ravenous from waiting too long between eating experiences (a repeat violation for me!) and even after I tamed the hunger I still wanted to eat and had I been hoarding delicious items I would have.
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have only just seen this thread so im sorry to barge in like this but iv just had one of my worst binges EVER and just wanted a bit of support, I don't know what started it this time but it went on for 6 days and I have made myself very ill as a consequence and now feel very very guilty and fat and disgusting and weak, will I ever be able to stop doing this? I feel so hopeless.

As of 30 August:

Me: 26
    Binge:4

You can do this! I've been a binger/purger/anorexic for 20 years but have really noticed a massive change for the better in the last few months, pretty much all down to using MFP. It takes time to break entrenched habits but it's absolutely worth it.

xx
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 30, 2012
    me: 22

binges
    Aug 1
    Aug 9-12
    Aug 17, 18, 21

As I was having ice cream with my daughter yesterday, I started thinking about having more (pre binge thoughts) . Then I started thinking that I should be satisfied with it's yumminess and that I don't really need more because if I ate more I'd be thinking about what to eat next and getting no enjoyment out of it.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of August 29, 2012

Binge: 10 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4; 8/15; 8/17; 8/18; 8/22; 8/27; 8/28; 8/29)

I'm struggling this week. I have a complete "I don't give a ****" attitude and it really doesn't help. I don't try to resist the binges, I just let them happen. I haven't been to the gym in over a week. I feel gross but can't seem to make myself do anything.
    Do you think it is because you are over your 8 day not binges? I hope not but sometimes it could be. Remember you still are way ahead with 19 good days this month. Just continue to try to get of the funk you are in. One day at a time and today is a new day babe!! Success is never giving up and especially giving up on yourself! Keep up the good work! 19 days is marvelous!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    R, August 29, 2012

beatrixia: 21
    binge: 8 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5, 8/9, 8/13, 8/22, 8/23, 8/24)

Hi, everyone. :)

I took a little break from this thread, but I hope to be back for awhile now. I was doing this puzzling thing for a few days where the more I thought about not binging, the more I seemed to binge. Looking at the dates 8/22-8/24, I can identify what emotional stresses triggered binging, so I'm glad I was able to do that.

I have just started a new book called _End Emotional Eating_ by Jennifer L. Taitz. I've only read the first chapter so far, which is an overview of some of the concepts the book will cover. The author presents strategies for coping with emotional eating that pull from the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy fields. There are also exercises to complete. I stalled out after reading the first exercise because I felt my anxiety increase, and I put the book away for a few days. But I still thought about the questions, and that's what helped me make the specific causal connection to binging and my emotional state during the latter binge days.

Mollie, thanks for your encouragement last week; you know just what to say. I also read the email exchange between you and your new life coach. I'm glad you're ready to face the next challenges; I hope you find facing and healing from the hurts of the past a freeing experience. :flowerforyou:

We are almost to the weekend, and September too. I hope you all enjoy the next few days and have a great weekend. :smile:
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me-21
    Binge-9

I am ready for this month to be over. Even though I have technically not binged the last few days, I am not making good food choices come afternoon and find myself snacking too much and that ends up being my dinner. I do stop myself but am not feeling good about myself. Why do I find myself thinking "When Sept. 1 rolls around, new month and school year for my kids, new me." It is sick. I have been saying this all summer since getting "serious" on MFP and logging everyday. I am finding the scale creeping up and then say don't get on and weigh myself but when I do am not happy about what I see. I know what I need to do. I am just not mentally in the best place...new schools for my kids has me nervous. Dealing with my oldest son, who is on the autistic spectrum, has me running to food and frustrated. I am so glad I found this group because for once I am aware with what I am doing and know it is a problem and am dealing with it in the best way I can at this moment! :-) Here is to a great day everyone. Last day in August and it will be a "me" day!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 26
    The Binge: 4
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    R, August 29, 2012

beatrixia: 21
    binge: 8 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5, 8/9, 8/13, 8/22, 8/23, 8/24)

Hi, everyone. :)

I took a little break from this thread, but I hope to be back for awhile now. I was doing this puzzling thing for a few days where the more I thought about not binging, the more I seemed to binge. Looking at the dates 8/22-8/24, I can identify what emotional stresses triggered binging, so I'm glad I was able to do that.

I have just started a new book called _End Emotional Eating_ by Jennifer L. Taitz. I've only read the first chapter so far, which is an overview of some of the concepts the book will cover. The author presents strategies for coping with emotional eating that pull from the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy fields. There are also exercises to complete. I stalled out after reading the first exercise because I felt my anxiety increase, and I put the book away for a few days. But I still thought about the questions, and that's what helped me make the specific causal connection to binging and my emotional state during the latter binge days.

Mollie, thanks for your encouragement last week; you know just what to say. I also read the email exchange between you and your new life coach. I'm glad you're ready to face the next challenges; I hope you find facing and healing from the hurts of the past a freeing experience. :flowerforyou:

We are almost to the weekend, and September too. I hope you all enjoy the next few days and have a great weekend. :smile:
    Good to see you back Beatrixa!! I have changed my mind on that weight loss coach. It was just too expensive for me. But she was wonderful and she recommend another source to me that was much much cheaper for me. I have not decided when I am going to do it but it is definitely something I will do. I think it is a 6 week course with homework like your book. Can you add your book to the book list thread when you are done and give us your thoughts?

Good job on determining why you binged those 3 days!! That is key and good to know so you can strategize for the next time. Keep us posted on what you are learning from the book if you have time.

I am reading (LISTENING TO) Geneen Roth book now - Take your life back. It is very good. I am going to work on her basic guidelines which the coach I spoke with highly recommends too. I can't agree with some of it but there is plenty I can and will take away from her book for sure. For me reading and listening is helping me get my mind in order.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

Well I am glad to report I did recover this last week from a rough 1st 3 weeks. Still manged to beat 'The Binge" and I will take that. Not as good as I would like but not bad either. It is what it is and tomorrow is always a new day to start again and fresh.

Do you have a plan in place for this 3 day weekend? I have one. I have turned down 3 invites this weekend to take some me time and clean house time. I have just been running, partying every weekend and while it has been a blast I need order at the crib. So not BBQ, no Stepping, and no going away party either. I am going to cook me some vittles, read, clean, clean and clean all 3 days and pray and be mindful of my eating. I have been pre-planning this week so that is the same I am going to do this weekend. What are you plans for mindful eating this weekend? I know holiday weekends are hard for us. Please share or holler. :wink:

Have a wonderful weekend!! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 18
    The Binge - 12 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6, 8/8, 8/9, 8/14, 8/17, 8/19, 8/21, 8/23)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Me-21
    Binge-9

I am ready for this month to be over. Even though I have technically not binged the last few days, I am not making good food choices come afternoon and find myself snacking too much and that ends up being my dinner. I do stop myself but am not feeling good about myself. Why do I find myself thinking "When Sept. 1 rolls around, new month and school year for my kids, new me." It is sick. I have been saying this all summer since getting "serious" on MFP and logging everyday. I am finding the scale creeping up and then say don't get on and weigh myself but when I do am not happy about what I see. I know what I need to do. I am just not mentally in the best place...new schools for my kids has me nervous. Dealing with my oldest son, who is on the autistic spectrum, has me running to food and frustrated. I am so glad I found this group because for once I am aware with what I am doing and know it is a problem and am dealing with it in the best way I can at this moment! :-) Here is to a great day everyone. Last day in August and it will be a "me" day!
    Enjoy your me day!!! You did wonderful for the month lady!! You will get the overeating in line. There is always tomorrow or the next meal. Out of all the season's I feel Fall is the best for new beginnings, goals and reflection. So that is something else I am going to do this weekend. I am going to reflect and blog what my goals for the last 4 months of 2012.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Me-21
    Binge-9

Sept 1 is tomorrow! I have problems when I say I'm going to start eating better/an exercise program in the future because it seems to mean instead of eating normal until that deadline, I massively overeat and make horrible choices.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of August 30, 2012

Binge: 11 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4; 8/15; 8/17; 8/18; 8/22; 8/27; 8/28; 8/29; 8/30)
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    31 August

Me: 27
    Binge: 4

This is the best record I've had for at least 4 years!! I'm now up to reducing the binge even further in September! Well done everyone who kept going through the whole month. Whether you met your goals or felt you could have done better, keeping a track of your eating is definitely key to losing weight and being mindful of your choices. Believe and succeed!!!

xx
  • danifo0811
    Options
    31 August

Me: 27
    Binge: 4

This is the best record I've had for at least 4 years!! I'm now up to reducing the binge even further in September! Well done everyone who kept going through the whole month. Whether you met your goals or felt you could have done better, keeping a track of your eating is definitely key to losing weight and being mindful of your choices. Believe and succeed!!!

xx

Great job!!!
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 31, 2012
    me: 23

binges
    Aug 1
    Aug 9-12
    Aug 17, 18, 21